Potential new investors

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Re: Potential new investors

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:38 pm

poppyfield wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Now there's been a statement sent out by email from Wayne to supporters group members.

The wheels are spinning.
Not got mine yet, anybody else still waiting?
I haven't had one. Would have thought it would go in one big mailing list as a bcc

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:41 pm

poppyfield wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Now there's been a statement sent out by email from Wayne to supporters group members.

The wheels are spinning.
Not got mine yet, anybody else still waiting?
Not got mine either, but I rarely get these mailchimp things. I'm sure it'll be on the website before too long.

bga
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by bga » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:43 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:Wonder if Richard Upshall is involved. May have a plan for a scaled down version of his previous plans for BM.
I see your Richard Upshall and raise you Paul Wildes.
Interesting
I was only joking. Actually, of the two, I'd much prefer it to be Paul Wildes. Richard Upshall strikes me as a bit too self-centred for my liking. A big netball fan, as I recall. Maybe I just don't like the sound of Dubai-based owners. Pools know a lot about that sort of thing.

Wildes struck me as more of a football man and his pitch was to include 2 fans members on a 5-person board of directors, with the supporters owning 40% of the club. Unfortunately his discussion with Singh broke down and off he went.
Friend of mine knows and works for Upshall and says he's genuine. He also said he hadn't given up on the BM project but whilst he was committed to the small ground for us and DRFC that's as far as it went. In other words it was BM he wanted not Darlo, although whether that's changed who knows
But is your friend genuine!

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:45 pm

Spyman wrote:One thing is for sure, the one-upmanship in various statements needs to stop right away.

The last thing we need is the manager falling out with the board or the board of the supporters group.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Think the fall out occurred Friday evening. We are into the bridge building stage now

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:05 pm

Considering the manager has been secretly courting investors without the knowledge of the board or the supporters club board do they not have a right to be a little annoyed? They are thinking of ways in which we can try and raise the money needed, no doubt with the pressure of us fan's hopes and expectations weighing on them, whilst all the time the manager has in the background secured this. Had they known about this, perhaps appropriate effort could have been directed into rules regarding promotion instead.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:05 pm

tezza wrote:
Spyman wrote:One thing is for sure, the one-upmanship in various statements needs to stop right away.

The last thing we need is the manager falling out with the board or the board of the supporters group.

Think the fall out occurred Friday evening. We are into the bridge building stage now
Not with wording like the Supporters group used it hasn't.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:07 pm

For any DFCSG members who didn't receive the email...

http://dfcsg.co.uk/?x=entry:entry170424-172623

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:14 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote: But is your friend genuine!
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Well he's a good mate of mine, so no :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:16 pm

Good that the investors whoever they are, have put in £10k into the fundraising, a fairly substantial contribution.

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:17 pm

May be wrong but I don't recall Gray stipulating it would be for 51%???

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:19 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Considering the manager has been secretly courting investors without the knowledge of the board or the supporters club board do they not have a right to be a little annoyed? They are thinking of ways in which we can try and raise the money needed, no doubt with the pressure of us fan's hopes and expectations weighing on them, whilst all the time the manager has in the background secured this. Had they known about this, perhaps appropriate effort could have been directed into rules regarding promotion instead.

Personally i think it should of been our board trying to court for investors not the manager. From what i got the jist of at the fans forum the board wanted a proceed slowly and take things one step at a time which is fair enough, we have come a long way im 5 years and we are at touching distance to where we want to be and if you ask any darlington fan about wanting a investor and trying to get back into the FL i bet 99% would agree

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:34 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:May be wrong but I don't recall Gray stipulating it would be for 51%???
He did

SwansQuaker83

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:39 pm

al_quaker wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:May be wrong but I don't recall Gray stipulating it would be for 51%???
He did
I stand corrected sir

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:43 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
He did
I stand corrected sir
To be fair, so much was said it was hard to take it all in.

I come away with the thought the investors wanted at least 51% of the club minimum.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:48 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
He did
I stand corrected sir
To be fair, so much was said it was hard to take it all in.

I come away with the thought the investors wanted at least 51% of the club minimum.
Yes easy to miss what with all the info and drama of Friday. I remember a question about whether 51% was a red line for an investor - can't remember the answer though!

Good to see that the mystery investor has come forwards today - time is needed to see if it is in our bets interests. The £10k investment is a good start too.

2 good statements from the club and SG - I fully understand the SG being annoyed at Gray's speech on Friday. Be interesting to see what comes from these discussions.

Also good to see the fundraising take off today too. Decent day all round - although looks like a big decision looming for DFCSG members.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:54 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:"Also at Friday’s forum we launched a very important fundraising drive but unfortunately it seems to have been completely overshadowed by Martin Gray’s opinions about a change of ownership."

Ouch!
Another professional statement I see
But quite correct. The fundraising announcement has been overshadowed by MG's statement.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:56 pm

al_quaker wrote:
He did

Defo did. And when pressed again whether or not this could be negotiated down Gray paused then said no.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:59 pm

. He mentiioned it but I suspect the main point is they would want majority shares.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:10 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:"Also at Friday’s forum we launched a very important fundraising drive but unfortunately it seems to have been completely overshadowed by Martin Gray’s opinions about a change of ownership."

Ouch!
Another professional statement I see
But quite correct. The fundraising announcement has been overshadowed by MG's statement.
I agree statement is correct, I don't personally see it as non-professional. it is a clear statement, that explains what happens next, and encourages us all to contribute to help the club.

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:16 pm

My head may still be a little groggy from the past weeks events, and I may have missed something.

"Darlington FC Supporters Group launch £193,000 fundraising drive"
1) Pitch and drainage: £42,000 by 15th May 2017.

2) 224 additional covered seats: £150,000. This will be split into 3 parts:
•a) Ground works to enable the construction – £50,000 by 31st July 2017
•b) Erection of steelworks and cladding – £50,000 by 30th September 2017
•c) Purchase of seating deck – £50,000 by 31st December 2017

Pitch 1 "Pitch & Drainage" is operational

Pitch 2 "224 additional covered seats" I assume that we will shortly have details on the extension on the previous community share issue to raise the staged £150k required. Given the importance and recent emotion surrounding this particular issue , I would have thought as it is a major hurdle to progress there would be a as much if not more importance to getting this flowing than pitch 3

Pitch 3 "boost the budget" operational,however not part of the original £193k

So in essence and putting aside private investment , as things stand we the fans really need to come up with £272k by the 31st December 2017.

Is that achievable without significant private capital investment.?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:45 pm

tezza wrote:So in essence and putting aside private investment , as things stand we the fans really need to come up with £272k by the 31st December 2017.

Not quite. As things stand we the fans need to raise £192k by December 2017.

There was talk of identifying a sponsor for the 'new' stand. I suppose even if that is £5k per annum it is something - have we already given up the naming rights to the Tin Shed for that matter can't remember?

The thing with boost the budget is that it is an on going commitment. By December 2017 we will look to have found 500 people prepared to donate £4 per week / £8 per fortnight / £15 per month. If we don't then I suppose strictly speaking the playing budget is cut by the difference.

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:22 pm

lo36789 wrote:
tezza wrote:So in essence and putting aside private investment , as things stand we the fans really need to come up with £272k by the 31st December 2017.

Not quite. As things stand we the fans need to raise £192k by December 2017.

There was talk of identifying a sponsor for the 'new' stand. I suppose even if that is £5k per annum it is something - have we already given up the naming rights to the Tin Shed for that matter can't remember?

The thing with boost the budget is that it is an on going commitment. By December 2017 we will look to have found 500 people prepared to donate £4 per week / £8 per fortnight / £15 per month. If we don't then I suppose strictly speaking the playing budget is cut by the difference.

Yes I take your point in regard to the "boost the budget" aspect, however I think , even you would agree DFCSG have it in mind to have that element closed off well before 31st December. What I find weird is that given the emotion, disappointment of the whole seats issue, which you could argue accelerated us to where we are now, has not yet got any traction. Which forgive me was failure to act not one of the criticisms aimed at the board on this forum and at the fans forum

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:45 pm

I don't know what you mean? If you mean failure to act in terms of fans I probably agree...if you mean the board haven't acted then I don't really know what they could have done differently given circumstances.

I actually expect that the reality is the same individuals have put pledges into both pots, but on a best case scenario 98 people have parted with any money. I guess I thought the noise was being made by more the that many people in the run up to and during the fans forum.

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Leave it, I have no intention of entering into qualification of every sentence or thought with you. You remain as ever irritating and boring to the last.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:28 pm

I think the situation is such that if we don't boost the budget then we probably won't need the extra seats as our squad will be nowhere near the playoffs

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:34 pm

Don't know what you mean? Boost the budget has to be sorted in next 96 days - so by the new season.

The pitch has to be done in 20 days. there is a clearly schedule around the fundraising and when it will be done by?

Are you suggesting they just put a £193k fund up and wait for that to come in - because remember they can't take pledges until the full amount has been pledged.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:23 pm

Gray wants it sorted in 2 weeks according to his post match interview today

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:35 pm

al_quaker wrote:Gray wants it sorted in 2 weeks according to his post match interview today
That`s fine by me the sooner the better hope the votes not when I`m on holiday though

The Golden Hairclip

Potential new investors

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:51 pm

When do we find out who the investors are? Presumably within the next two weeks?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:56 pm

The Golden Hairclip wrote:When do we find out who the investors are? Presumably within the next two weeks?
You'd imagine so - will certainly be an interesting few weeks.

I hope that this timescale isn't another surprise from MG to the supporters group.