Pitch funding

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Pitch funding

Post by onewayup » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:30 am

Getting there, £13,434 needed to reach target of £42,000. Keep it moving fans ,19 days left to donate ,lets push it over the line before deadline day, well done to all who have already donated to the cause.onwards and upwards with Darlington f.c

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Re: Pitch funding

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:31 pm

Yes, doing really well - over the £30k mark now, and the Boost the Budget pitch is doing well too... nearly £14k so far. Just added my bit to that one as well now.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:40 pm

Really impressed with the boost the budget especially.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:14 pm

The wording on the boost the budget pledge is misleading.

It suggests that if you choose the weekly option, the amount you pledge (ie £100) will be split across 50 equal payments.

In fact you have to pledge an amount to pay for 50 weeks - so to pledge £100 you actually enter £2 in the pledge box.

Nearly caught me out and had me pledging £5k to next season's budget!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:05 pm

Spyman wrote:The wording on the boost the budget pledge is misleading.

It suggests that if you choose the weekly option, the amount you pledge (ie £100) will be split across 50 equal payments.

In fact you have to pledge an amount to pay for 50 weeks - so to pledge £100 you actually enter £2 in the pledge box.

Nearly caught me out and had me pledging £5k to next season's budget!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I can't go back to check because I've already entered my amount but it seemed pretty clear from what I can remember... except maybe the wording could've been a bit bigger where it said the amount you enter in the box will be the amount you pay weekly or monthly depending on which payment option you chose.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:07 pm

Quakerz wrote:Really impressed with the boost the budget especially.
Yeh, might not need any investors at this rate :)
Join - Shop - Collect

bga

Post by bga » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:40 pm

Does the Pitch fund running total include the "Potential" £10,000 from the "Potential" Investor I wonder?

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:50 pm

bga wrote:Does the Pitch fund running total include the "Potential" £10,000 from the "Potential" Investor I wonder?
Yes it does. I think they matched what was already in the fund at the time. I suppose any decision on what happens about a new investor will take place after the closing date for stage 1 of the pitch, so there "shouldn't" be a problem collecting that pledge.
Join - Shop - Collect

bga

Post by bga » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
bga wrote:Does the Pitch fund running total include the "Potential" £10,000 from the "Potential" Investor I wonder?
Yes it does. I think they matched what was already in the fund at the time. I suppose any decision on what happens about a new investor will take place after the closing date for stage 1 of the pitch, so there "shouldn't" be a problem collecting that pledge.
Investor might pull out, or both parties agree to not continue, which would mean we are potentially £10,000 short?

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:25 pm

bga wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:
Investor might pull out, or both parties agree to not continue, which would mean we are potentially £10,000 short?
I don't think we'd be able to make a decision (by means of a vote) before the 15th May and the pledges will be drawn down one week after then so we'll know for sure if we have that £10k, or not. Be good to beat the target by at least £10k just in case, but there's no reason to suspect they won't come good on their pledge - it should be quite separate from their investment goal.
Join - Shop - Collect

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:36 pm

Thought once it reached the total that was it

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:45 pm

darlo reborn wrote:Thought once it reached the total that was it
It says in the prospectus which you can download from the pitch page that once a stage target is reached any further pledges will go towards the next stage of the fund raising.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:40 pm

Never looked at the prospectus just put my money in so that`s ok

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:56 pm

I just chucked my money in too - I just happened to read the prospectus before I read what it said on the website. I have no interest in all the financial ins and outs of it all - it's all double-dutch to me.

bga

Post by bga » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:48 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
bga wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:
I don't think we'd be able to make a decision (by means of a vote) before the 15th May and the pledges will be drawn down one week after then so we'll know for sure if we have that £10k, or not. Be good to beat the target by at least £10k just in case, but there's no reason to suspect they won't come good on their pledge - it should be quite separate from their investment goal.
I agree the "ownership" issue is unlikely to be resolved before 15 May. I have felt uneasy about the Investors pledge, as unless it is a genuine "goodwill payment" (with no conditions whatsoever) it might be construed as an "Inducement" or worse still something else? Fingers crossed and all that!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:33 pm

Under 10 grand to get now, outstanding!
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:46 pm

79% now impressive. :thumbup:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

dsr

Post by dsr » Mon May 01, 2017 5:29 pm

Been keeping an eye on this. Despite the investors 'sideline', the total has kept moving. Only £1,000 to go now. Going to make it with ease, well before the deadline.

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Mon May 01, 2017 5:46 pm

To be honest I never thought this one was in doubt. The next one for 50k running concurrently with the team strengthening will be more of a challenge - has to be completed by 31st July!

dsr

Post by dsr » Tue May 02, 2017 10:12 am

Sorry to see we are back to under £40K. At least one person must have withdrawn a pledge. Still an easy target to reach, although I acknowledge the next £50K is not going to be anything like as easy.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue May 02, 2017 11:17 am

dsr wrote:Sorry to see we are back to under £40K. At least one person must have withdrawn a pledge. Still an easy target to reach, although I acknowledge the next £50K is not going to be anything like as easy.
Maybe found out who the "investors "are and didn't like what they heard. :lol:

tezza

Post by tezza » Tue May 02, 2017 12:29 pm

Just Made my contribution, more out of commitment and loyalty than common sense. Very reticent as I am unconvinced "there is" any major single or group investor and the tail thinking it can wag the dog.