One thing Darlo are good at ..

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Phlash
Team Supported: Darlington

One thing Darlo are good at ..

Post by Phlash » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:44 pm

.. is proving people wrong. Investment or not, let's kick on and take the club to the next level for next season and continue to grow! We achieved a lot this season, so lets use it as a stepping stone!

Sussex07

Re: One thing Darlo are good at ..

Post by Sussex07 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:25 pm

Phlash wrote:.. is proving people wrong. Investment or not, let's kick on and take the club to the next level for next season and continue to grow! We achieved a lot this season, so lets use it as a stepping stone!

Spot on. 8-)

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:31 pm

100% agree.Whatever happens with investors, I really hope we have another cracking season and are challenging for promotion.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed May 03, 2017 7:35 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:100% agree.Whatever happens with investors, I really hope we have another cracking season and are challenging for promotion.

Agreed if we have a setback on the pitch next season, then we'll lose some of our support and it'll have a detrimental effect on our budget forecasts.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed May 03, 2017 9:05 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:100% agree.Whatever happens with investors, I really hope we have another cracking season and are challenging for promotion.

Agreed if we have a setback on the pitch next season, then we'll lose some of our support and it'll have a detrimental effect on our budget forecasts.
What are your thoughts Pete - do you think you'll vote for external control of the club or vote to retain control?

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri May 05, 2017 9:15 pm

We had decades of bad, mad & downright swindling owners, so taking a few years with a slightly slower momentum is no issue for me. I have bemoaned the financing / disappearing money at DFC for over 50 seasons, but the last few years under our control have been superb.

In 4-7 years time DFC will be in great shape to prosper in the Football League.

Just remember the days at Chester and Barrow before giving up on a winning set-up.

We have proudly made great progress in the last 5 seasons, so lets not accept a takeover by any old Tom, Dick or Harry now that we are back in town.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri May 05, 2017 10:11 pm

In MG we trust... If he says we need investment then I'm IN...

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri May 05, 2017 10:22 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:In MG we trust... If he says we need investment then I'm IN...
Imagine if Jose Mourinho could dictate his budget.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri May 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:We had decades of bad, mad & downright swindling owners, so taking a few years with a slightly slower momentum is no issue for me. I have bemoaned the financing / disappearing money at DFC for over 50 seasons, but the last few years under our control have been superb.

Just remember the days at Chester and Barrow before giving up on a winning set-up.

We have proudly made great progress in the last 5 seasons, so lets not accept a takeover by any old Tom, Dick or Harry now that we are back in town.
If you actually believe we will be in the football league in 4-7 years in our present form you really are as nutty as squirrel s***.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri May 05, 2017 10:45 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:In MG we trust... If he says we need investment then I'm IN...

Trust, but verify. ;)
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat May 06, 2017 6:07 am

Emdubya wrote:
Neil Johnson wrote:We had decades of bad, mad & downright swindling owners, so taking a few years with a slightly slower momentum is no issue for me. I have bemoaned the financing / disappearing money at DFC for over 50 seasons, but the last few years under our control have been superb.

If you actually believe we will be in the football league in 4-7 years in our present form you really are as nutty as squirrel s***.
I agree with Neil. A takeover isn't going to happen but other kinds of investment are definitely possible without requiring us to change our present form of ownership. Maybe something along those lines is being discussed behind closed doors (we'll have to wait and see) but if we can get that then, with the ground issues sorted out and playing budget in place that the manager can work with, there's no reason why we can't be in good shape to progress by that time.

A couple of good cup runs in that time would help, of course, but also there may be more clubs such as Hartlepool where their fans have largely decided that enough is enough and are preparing to take a hit on their current league position in order to save their clubs, so I think we can also expect to see some more clubs coming more down to our level rather than us having to go up to theirs.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat May 06, 2017 9:58 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
Emdubya wrote:

I agree with Neil. A takeover isn't going to happen but other kinds of investment are definitely possible without requiring us to change our present form of ownership. Maybe something along those lines is being discussed behind closed doors (we'll have to wait and see) but if we can get that then, with the ground issues sorted out and playing budget in place that the manager can work with, there's no reason why we can't be in good shape to progress by that time.

A couple of good cup runs in that time would help, of course, but also there may be more clubs such as Hartlepool where their fans have largely decided that enough is enough and are preparing to take a hit on their current league position in order to save their clubs, so I think we can also expect to see some more clubs coming more down to our level rather than us having to go up to theirs.
All if,s and but,s though Mr Tibbs.IF we can get a different kind of investment,IF we can get a cup run,IF crowds improve,IF the same few hundred are prepared to keep chucking donations in year after year,IF we can keep a board of volunteers in place .
Yes,more clubs like Poolie could drop down to out level and go for a fan owned model but they will be dropping down with a stadium to play in,not a field with lights,which gives them a lot better chance of success
If we want to see Darlo in the football league in the next 5years then in my opinion outside investment is the only way.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat May 06, 2017 10:59 am

Emdubya wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:
Emdubya wrote:

All if,s and but,s though Mr Tibbs.IF we can get a different kind of investment,IF we can get a cup run,IF crowds improve,IF the same few hundred are prepared to keep chucking donations in year after year,IF we can keep a board of volunteers in place .
Yes,more clubs like Poolie could drop down to out level and go for a fan owned model but they will be dropping down with a stadium to play in,not a field with lights,which gives them a lot better chance of success
If we want to see Darlo in the football league in the next 5years then in my opinion outside investment is the only way.
I agree, I just firmly believe there won't be a takeover so the investment we need will have to be made in accordance with the rules which, as I learned when I read them, are evidently designed to stop people setting up these Community Benefit Societies and then building them up with grants and so on just so they can sell it off to the highest bidder.