Price of this new seated stand we need

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Re: Price of this new seated stand we need

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:13 pm

Emdubya wrote:
H1987 wrote:
Craig09 wrote:
H1987 wrote:Who knows about the rumours, but lets be brutally honest here, 150k for 220 seats is a massive amount of money for very, very little. That's smaller than what is there now! Now I know we're gonna want to make it all fit and look uniform rather than plop a different type of stand next to it like the Tadcaster one, but I just wonder does it make sense to build more than that 220 and get the foundations / roof in place further along in one go while we have people on site. It has to be more cost effective that way, and we have room to expand all the way down to the corner on that side, which has to be the end goal... (plus, we do need the seats. At the moment it's really not ok that a lot of kids can't see what's going on, and i really hope we consider doing an allocated family area with the extra seating).

I think the sponsorship is an excellent idea. Can we sell the naming rights to the whole stand for the next, i dunno, 5 years in exchange for some money? Include some signage on the stand as part of their sponsorship. Someone might be interested. The Northern Echo stand? Who knows, but it's worth asking local businesses the question...

Thats why i have questioned it and gone and asked for a quote myself. Shaun campbell got a quote at quater of the price of the 150k quoted but that was just for the covered seating stand so it makes the ground work seem hellish expensive.

Its in 3 phases i believe
50k for the ground work
50k for the seats
50k for the steel work ie roofing i think.
It seems an awful lot doesn't it. I'm slightly concerned we owe money, and rather than tell us, it's being framed as part of the cost of the stand. We know we overspent on the move...

Just putting two and two together, but that seems like an awfully large quote for a relatively small bit of work... What was the original boundaries to build the 500 seat stand before on the fundraising efforts? There definitely wasn't 150k between them... (although I realise there will be additional costs to doing the work in two installments).
You're putting two and two together and getting five.You have no idea if we owe money and all you are doing is starting another rumour
Yeah and don't we have to be careful here. The fans are shareholders so isn't one on dodgy ground when one is accusing them of lying to shareholders whilst asking them to give money on this basis?

H1987
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by H1987 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:36 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:
Emdubya wrote:
H1987 wrote:
Craig09 wrote:
H1987 wrote:Who knows about the rumours, but lets be brutally honest here, 150k for 220 seats is a massive amount of money for very, very little. That's smaller than what is there now! Now I know we're gonna want to make it all fit and look uniform rather than plop a different type of stand next to it like the Tadcaster one, but I just wonder does it make sense to build more than that 220 and get the foundations / roof in place further along in one go while we have people on site. It has to be more cost effective that way, and we have room to expand all the way down to the corner on that side, which has to be the end goal... (plus, we do need the seats. At the moment it's really not ok that a lot of kids can't see what's going on, and i really hope we consider doing an allocated family area with the extra seating).

I think the sponsorship is an excellent idea. Can we sell the naming rights to the whole stand for the next, i dunno, 5 years in exchange for some money? Include some signage on the stand as part of their sponsorship. Someone might be interested. The Northern Echo stand? Who knows, but it's worth asking local businesses the question...

Thats why i have questioned it and gone and asked for a quote myself. Shaun campbell got a quote at quater of the price of the 150k quoted but that was just for the covered seating stand so it makes the ground work seem hellish expensive.

Its in 3 phases i believe
50k for the ground work
50k for the seats
50k for the steel work ie roofing i think.
It seems an awful lot doesn't it. I'm slightly concerned we owe money, and rather than tell us, it's being framed as part of the cost of the stand. We know we overspent on the move...

Just putting two and two together, but that seems like an awfully large quote for a relatively small bit of work... What was the original boundaries to build the 500 seat stand before on the fundraising efforts? There definitely wasn't 150k between them... (although I realise there will be additional costs to doing the work in two installments).
You're putting two and two together and getting five.You have no idea if we owe money and all you are doing is starting another rumour
Yeah and don't we have to be careful here. The fans are shareholders so isn't one on dodgy ground when one is accusing them of lying to shareholders whilst asking them to give money on this basis?
That's exactly why i said 'just putting two and two together', to be fair. We were told the original construction ran over budget, and plenty have noted that is a very high amount for a relatively small piece of work. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, or really think it's a problem if it is the case. Chill out.

Also, regarding the floodlights, does one actually need moving? I'm think the original plans (which showed a 500 seat stand) only needed two moving. There's a fair amount of space to build into before we would reach the next one.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:36 pm

Quotes just came in this morning based on 220 covered seats and the quote was £49,570.00 plus vat. ;-)

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed May 03, 2017 12:38 pm

Craig09 wrote:Quotes just came in this morning based on 220 covered seats and the quote was £49,570.00 plus vat. ;-)
Is that just for the stand itself or does it cover installation, foundations, roof etc?

£60k just for the stand is a fair chunk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:47 pm

Price includes delivery and instalation but does not include foudations. Id upload the email but im not sure how to upload pics

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:48 pm

Its a 4 row seating modular and can be extended at anytime

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed May 03, 2017 12:51 pm

Craig09 wrote:Quotes just came in this morning based on 220 covered seats and the quote was £49,570.00 plus vat. ;-)

Now put yourself forward for the board,as your all knowledgeable about
Buildings reges, ext.Then we would know your not just stirring the pot, craig09

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:00 pm

How is he stirring the pot for gods sake, calm down, he is only trying to help.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:00 pm

Craig09 wrote:Its a 4 row seating modular and can be extended at anytime
I thought we needed it to be 6 rows?

Also £50,000 was exactly the quote we have for the stand.

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Wed May 03, 2017 1:00 pm

With probably a different rake to the existing stand so couldn't be positioned next to it. In addition we need to build as far back as possible so as not to waste space - 4 rows doesn't do that...

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:02 pm

Not stirring the pot mate the price seemed massively expensive for 220 seats it was just a enquiry as its the fans money being used to pay for it at the minute

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:11 pm

So if it's just short of 60k for the modular stand to be installed by football stadium solutions, then:
- 50k for ground work and moving a floodlight;
- 50k for the roof and cladding; and
- 50k for the modular seating (220 over 6 rows to match what we have)
Totaling 150k sounds about right to me.

My only statement would be that the perimeter fence narrows at that end of the ground. Would It be possible to put the floodlight outside of the perimeter fence to save space? In addition we know 220 seats will get us to our next goal but would we get economies of scale from doing the ground work for all the way to the goal line and putting a roof over it? Even if we cannot fully fill this area with modular seating atm.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:13 pm

Undercovered wrote:
With probably a different rake to the existing stand so couldn't be positioned next to it. In addition we need to build as far back as possible so as not to waste space - 4 rows doesn't do that...

Possibly but they have also sent me this photo of the stand they have done at tadcaster

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss41 ... ybx3cn.jpg

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed May 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Craig09,what I mean is you have done your homework, and i as as an investor think you need to look at being on the board, if you were able to find the time that's required as a volunteer.my post was not a put down.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed May 03, 2017 1:41 pm

onewayup wrote:Craig09,what I mean is you have done your homework, and i as as an investor think you need to look at being on the board, if you were able to find the time that's required as a volunteer.my post was not a put down.
Without wanting to make assumptions about Craig09, his skillset, experience, enthusiasm etc - I'm not sure emailing a company to get a quote for a generic new stand makes him automatically qualified to be on the board.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:46 pm

Spyman wrote:
onewayup wrote:Craig09,what I mean is you have done your homework, and i as as an investor think you need to look at being on the board, if you were able to find the time that's required as a volunteer.my post was not a put down.
Without wanting to make assumptions about Craig09, his skillset, experience, enthusiasm etc - I'm not sure emailing a company to get a quote for a generic new stand makes him automatically qualified to be on the board.
Lol totally agree just a quick email thats all it was. Il leave that side to the guys that no what they are doing

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Wed May 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Make sure you forward the details onto the relevant people

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:16 pm

Undercovered wrote:Make sure you forward the details onto the relevant people

I will but who am i best sending it to ?

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Wed May 03, 2017 3:27 pm

lo36789 wrote:

Correct, has to be 6 rows deep to count towards the ground grading.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Spyman wrote:
Is that just for the stand itself or does it cover installation, foundations, roof etc?

It will cover the roof as well as the installation - the clue is in the "covered seating" ;)

But - we'd still need to lay foundations and move the floodlight, so now it's up to 110k - though still a fair bit cheaper than 150k mind.

That said, it would be only 4 rows deep which is totally no good. Even the current 6 rows is no good and WILL need replacing at extra cost in the future.

We need 10 rows of seating in any seated parts, minimum. The frustrating thing for me is that modular structures can be bought at 10 rows deep, I wonder what the cost would have been for the initial 290 seater stand (or thereabouts) at 10 rows deep? I bet there wouldn't be much in it.

I think we've looked at the stadium build in terms of minimums all the way without considering further costs to knock down/rebuild stuff.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:48 pm

If you actually look at that stand at tadcaster and the stand we have at blackwell it makes the one at BM look really cheap

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Wed May 03, 2017 3:49 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Spyman wrote:

It will cover the roof as well as the installation - the clue is in the "covered seating" ;)

But - we'd still need to lay foundations and move the floodlight, so now it's up to 110k - though still a fair bit cheaper than 150k mind.

That said, it would be only 4 rows deep which is totally no good. Even the current 6 rows is no good and WILL need replacing at extra cost in the future.

We need 10 rows of seating in any seated parts, minimum. The frustrating thing for me is that modular structures can be bought at 10 rows deep, I wonder what the cost would have been for the initial 290 seater stand (or thereabouts) at 10 rows deep? I bet there wouldn't be much in it.

I think we've looked at the stadium build in terms of minimums all the way without considering further costs to knock down/rebuild stuff.
Nail on head and what I've been saying on here for the past 3 weeks. The current plans are still based on the absolute short-term minimums needed which will lead to increased future costs. The board, I think, have been planning on the basis that it would take miracle to get back onto the FL so why bother worrying about it.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Wed May 03, 2017 3:52 pm

Craig09 wrote:If you actually look at that stand at tadcaster and the stand we have at blackwell it makes the one at BM look really cheap
It does, the rake looks larger as well, maybe? So it might offer a better view.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Wed May 03, 2017 4:31 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Nail on head and what I've been saying on here for the past 3 weeks. The current plans are still based on the absolute short-term minimums needed which will lead to increased future costs. The board, I think, have been planning on the basis that it would take miracle to get back onto the FL so why bother worrying about it.
i think the board have been working on the fact they didn't have enough funds to do any more. Plus not moving this season would have meant automatic relegation as Bishop's ground didn't meet required standards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazzadfc

Post by Gazzadfc » Wed May 03, 2017 5:34 pm

Would the board welcome a "steering/working group" of fans who could commit the time and collectively work on the sole stadium plans/pricing/campaigns etc, would help ease the burden, mind would anyone want to offer their help, god help them if they made a mistake....folk would want to bring back flogging in the market square.
Last edited by Gazzadfc on Wed May 03, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:37 pm

Why are we assuming the floodlight needs moving here? The original plans for 500 seats don't show that being the case. That 4th floodlight is nearly at the goal line. No way does it need moving for 220 seats.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

It only had to be 4 rows deep for ground grading rules

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:51 pm

50k for the stand might be ok but come on 100k for ground work thats obscene

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed May 03, 2017 6:09 pm

Craig09 wrote:50k for the stand might be ok but come on 100k for ground work thats obscene
Totally agree

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Wed May 03, 2017 6:11 pm

spen666 wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

It only had to be 4 rows deep for ground grading rules
Oh yes, 4 is correct.