York City

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

HarryCharltonsCat
Team Supported: Darlington

York City

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:15 pm

Welcome York. Good away day guaranteed.

darlo reborn

Re: York City

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:17 pm

With the stupid NL they will probably put them in the south LOL!!!!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:49 pm

Yep York away is always a great day out. Wonder is they'll stay full-time or go part-time?

The Quaker

Post by The Quaker » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:50 pm

We will probs play them on boxing days or new years day.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:58 pm

Not to mention welcome also to Blyth, North Ferriby and Southport. Given these are all reasonably Northern, we could expect one of the other more southerly clubs to swap over to VN South. Should make travelling a bit easier.

Big question is, would we really want Spenny to win and come up too? You bet we do!! ;)

One last push this season, let's stick it to Salford and make the FA rue their stupid rulebook.
C'mon Darlo! :clap:

Bit gutted they stuffed us, but must have been very hard for our lads to be up for it.

Well done, Spennymoor. Hope your ground is up to VNN rules!
Last edited by jjljks on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:38 pm

The Quaker wrote:We will probs play them on boxing days or new years day.

Not if Spennymoor get promoted today, they would be nailed on Boxing day/New Year day matches (weather permitting obviously ;) )
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:41 pm

Spennymoor are apparently winning 1-0.

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:56 pm

August Bank holiday please :D

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:10 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
The Quaker wrote:We will probs play them on boxing days or new years day.

Not if Spennymoor get promoted today, they would be nailed on Boxing day/New Year day matches (weather permitting obviously ;) )
More likely Blyth v Spennymoor and us v York.

veryrev
Team Supported: Darlington and Sunderland

Post by veryrev » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:16 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:August Bank holiday please :D
I second that, with Spenny and Blyth over Xmas

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
My epitaph will read

AT LEAST THIS GUY GIVE A s***

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:36 pm

They must be gutted, staying up until a last minute equaliser from Guiseley, that's football.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:23 pm

jjljks wrote:Not to mention welcome also to Blyth, North Ferriby and Southport. Given these are all reasonably Northern, we could expect one of the other more southerly clubs to swap over to VN South. Should make travelling a bit easier.
Three northern teams relegated from NL, only one southern team. They’ve got to move Gloucester to NLS now, surely. The most ridiculous allocation of a team in a regional league I can think of (although Oxford City playing in NLN a couple of years ago comes close.) Brackley could be a contender to move across too.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:36 pm

biccynana wrote:
jjljks wrote:Not to mention welcome also to Blyth, North Ferriby and Southport. Given these are all reasonably Northern, we could expect one of the other more southerly clubs to swap over to VN South. Should make travelling a bit easier.
Three northern teams relegated from NL, only one southern team. They’ve got to move Gloucester to NLS now, surely. The most ridiculous allocation of a team in a regional league I can think of (although Oxford City playing in NLN a couple of years ago comes close.) Brackley could be a contender to move across too.
Why would they need to move anyone yet, we have gained 5 teams (North Ferriby, Southport, York, Spenny & Blyth and will lose 5 teams (Worcestor City, Stalybridge, Altrincham, Fylde & Play Off Winner).

All depends on the Southern League Final on Monday which is Leamington v Hitchin Town. Leamington will most likely to move in the North but not sure if Hitchin Town would replace say Gloucester City.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:01 pm

biccynana wrote:They’ve got to move Gloucester to NLS now, surely.
super_les_mcjannet wrote:Why would they need to move anyone yet
I didn’t mean *now* as in today, superles, ;) rather that the FA would now have the chance to do so when they do the allocations (in July if memory serves), as I was thinking that three northern teams coming down from NL to NLN left the division with one too many teams as only two were going in the opposite direction. But yes, I'd forgotten about teams moving the other way, south to north e.g. Leamington, from parallel leagues.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:06 pm

biccynana wrote:
biccynana wrote:They’ve got to move Gloucester to NLS now, surely.
super_les_mcjannet wrote:Why would they need to move anyone yet
I didn’t mean *now* as in today, superles, ;) rather that the FA would now have the chance to do so when they do the allocations (in July if memory serves), as I was thinking that three northern teams coming down from NL to NLN left the division with one too many teams as only two were going in the opposite direction. But yes, I'd forgotten about teams moving the other way, south to north e.g. Leamington, from parallel leagues.
No worries, at the moment we have lost 2 going up but gained 3 coming down, however this is balanced by 3 going down and only 2 coming up at the moment.

The Southern League may send 1 to us but may not and the Ryman Premier certainly won't. Basically these two leagues are very Southern hence the FA contemplating a midlands league at Step 3 and 2 at Step 4.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:20 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:the FA contemplating a midlands league at Step 3 and 2 at Step 4.
Didn’t know that was in the offing. Sounds sensible.

(That’s got to be a collector’s item: FA and sensible together.)

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:32 pm

biccynana wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:the FA contemplating a midlands league at Step 3 and 2 at Step 4.
Didn’t know that was in the offing. Sounds sensible.

(That’s got to be a collector’s item: FA and sensible together.)
Seems to have been discussed for a while and talked about around the NL committees. Rumour it may go ahead for season 18/19 but it may even just be canned.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:20 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Yep York away is always a great day out. Wonder is they'll stay full-time or go part-time?
They're staying full-time for at least one season.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Mon May 01, 2017 12:32 pm

biccynana wrote:
Bishop Storford in the North a few year back comes close too

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Some great games to look forward to next year.

Also, it'll be good for attendances. I'm sure Blyth, Spen and York will all up the local interest level, so hopefully lead to some good crowds.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon May 01, 2017 1:37 pm

murtonquaker wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Bishop Storford in the North a few year back comes close too

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Indeed. Good call. Funnily enough Gloucester and Stortford are equally far south (i.e. same line of latitude) with Brackley only a fraction further north. Oxford is the furthest south of the four.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Mon May 01, 2017 4:32 pm

Been some crazy travel in nln. Also didn't lowestoft play at thst level for a year? Was even rumours one year of Wealdstone been moved to nln
Last edited by shildonlad on Mon May 01, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon May 01, 2017 4:53 pm

LOWERSTOFT AND WEADLESTONE :shock: :shock:.Cant find either on the map.
Last edited by Emdubya on Mon May 01, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon May 01, 2017 5:15 pm

Imagine if Dover came down...what a trip!

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Mon May 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Emdubya wrote:LOWERSTOFT AND WEADLESTONE :shock: :shock:.Cant find either on the map.
Ha ha. Amended post
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:22 pm

Leamington won 2-1 meaning they will probably be NLN at the expense of Gloucester or Brackley (my closest game..grr!)

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu May 04, 2017 7:09 am

Aren't York getting a new ground? Perhaps we could groundshare
?? LOL

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu May 04, 2017 7:55 am

I don't think they have even started it yet. The new ground is part of as new entertainment hub I believe and they will be sharing their new ground with the York City Knights Rugby League team.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:49 am

biccynana wrote:Three northern teams relegated from NL, only one southern team. They’ve got to move Gloucester to NLS now, surely. The most ridiculous allocation of a team in a regional league I can think of (although Oxford City playing in NLN a couple of years ago comes close.) Brackley could be a contender to move across too.
If you think of N as being North & West and S as being South & East then I actually wonder if Brackley move to the south division before Gloucester.

If you took a 'midpoint' longitude and latitude of all clubs competing at Step 2 I wonder where that would actually be (most northern, most southern, most eastern, most western). Wouldn't surprise me if it was around Milton Keynes somewhere.

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu May 04, 2017 11:13 am

That's another thread killed off