Its here the investment

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Dan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Its here the investment

Post by Darlo_Dan » Tue May 09, 2017 8:06 pm

I'm for the investment - its a no brainer under the current model

However, RS is such a divisive character, i can't see us getting 75% of people voting for it
Last edited by Darlo_Dan on Tue May 09, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue May 09, 2017 8:06 pm

Like I say, I'm sure he has a long term plan to gain control and I'll look forward to hearing it.

I have no problem with taking £40k of his money, after all, we've all had to dip into our pockets because of his actions in 2012.

I notice he says his £40k is conditional on the supporters putting in the other £40k. Perhaps he could match everything else we've all put in to date as well?

I still find it hugely suspect that he wants to boost the budget before building the infrastructure that will actually allow us to progress. All part of getting Martin Gray onside I expect as he knows Gray holds influence and to a section of our support, what Gray says goes.

I'd be much more comfortable if he wanted to keep momentum going off the pitch first and.l foremost rather than on the pitch - we've seen before what happens when you spend more than you can afford on players.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue May 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Everyone's greatest worry with private investment is that after all we've done in reviving our club from the death-bed that it could all turn to dust if someone was in a position to pull the rug from under us. As it stands this appears to have safeguards to ensure that won't happen.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:10 pm

That is a fair shout Spyman. Would prefer the £40k went into the groundworks pitch and we can probably close that one off inside the week...

Thing is the influence Gray has on fans isn't so much that people want to prioritise the budget over the ground even though we know from this season where that leaves us if we are not sorted by March. We have spent £80,000 which could have nearly built the stand to be no further forward.

MKDarlo

Re: its here

Post by MKDarlo » Tue May 09, 2017 8:10 pm

lo36789 wrote:
MKDarlo wrote:How long does it take for someone else to buy 15% and someone else to buy 15% and someone else and suddenly while no one person owns more than 15% one shareholding block does and can then drive the direction of the club.

They issue more share capital at decent prices or preferential shares in exchange for more investment and water down the stock holdings knowing we as fans cant match the investment or put up the money needed to buy a block of shares, they change the articles of association to allow for an automatic buy out at X% and then they take control. It isnt difficult.
Mr Tibbs has already covered this. Legally the community benefit company cannot diminish its interests. Basically holding anything above 75% is pointless as it gives you no additional control or anything you are entirely in control of the Articles of Association etc.

If someone else came in to take the share beneath this then actually a share issue could not be agreed to by the DFCSG as it would dimish its interests in the assets which are locked for community benefit.
Again - I don't think that, really, offers much protection. There are processes in place to wind up a CIC ( which i wont go into here) and once have enough of a voice within that structure you can seek to make changes to the legal entities owning the club. Hell you could buy out the "footballing asset" and leave the CIC as a pure community interest company centered on the sports hub.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 8:11 pm

banktopp wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
banktopp wrote:NEVER,NEVER,NEVER.
Beggars belief that this traitor thinks he can buy our club for £40000.
The constitution currently prevents any one individual from owning more than 15% of the club.

Raj buying £40,000 worth of shares will mean the budget is comfortably boosted whilst he has a shareholding of less than 15%.

In reality, if we accepted this cash injection but then decided after reviewing his further proposals that it would not suit our model going forward, then he can be blocked from acquiring any further shares.

He would simply be another shareholder, and he could either sit on his 40k of shares or start to sell off his shares if he wished.

As it stands the situation is a 40k cash boost with little to lose for us.

Right now, it's a no brainer.

I'm more interested in finding out WHY he wants to be back at the club though - it just makes no sense!
Perhaps Pallister will be the next to invest £40000, and then another of his mates.
Don't touch his money . Why did he go missing in 2012 and then shaft us. Is there collective amnesia in Darlington.
OK so let's say he has 2 mates who also buy up shares, what do you think the purpose of that would be, what would be the end game?

To gain overall control of the club? (for whatever purpose he wants it). But in this scenario the "group" might hold a majority shareholding but he would only have part of that. So if his intentions were to do us harm, his mates would have to be in on it surely?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue May 09, 2017 8:15 pm

notgnilrad wrote:Raj did give us one of the best days out in my life supporting Darlington and built us a good squad when he was here.
It was what he did after that although Exodus didn't help, what is in it for him and why does he want to come back.
It doesn't make any sense, its like going back to your ex after they have slept with your best mate, doesn't sit right with me somehow.
:problem:
It's a fucking site worse than that. You can always get another girl/boy friend but football clubs are for life.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 8:17 pm

Trike1 wrote:he can stick it where the sun doesnt shine
he fucked us over lied piublicly and caused us to start again with those s*** numbers

if he comes back we will be the laughing stock of football
I agree that if he were to waltz back in and buy the club with our permission, that we would indeed be the laughing stock of football.

But as it stands he is just wanting to buy a stake which will also inject a decent amount of cash into the boost the budget which has stalled at 23.5k.

If we accept this, we are still able to prevent him acquiring a greater share further down the line if we are not comfortable with his further proposals.

This netcafe should be fascinating.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue May 09, 2017 8:21 pm

banktopp wrote:
notgnilrad wrote:Raj did give us one of the best days out in my life supporting Darlington and built us a good squad when he was here.
It was what he did after that although Exodus didn't help, what is in it for him and why does he want to come back.
It doesn't make any sense, its like going back to your ex after they have slept with your best mate, doesn't sit right with me somehow.
:problem:
It's a fucking site worse than that. You can always get another girl/boy friend but football clubs are for life.

Come to think about it you are bloody right. :x

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue May 09, 2017 8:23 pm

Darlo_Dan wrote:I'm for the investment - its a no brainer under the current model

However, RS is such a divisive character, i can't see us getting 75% of people voting for it
Its 75% of shareholders in DFC. DFCSG hold 80% of voting rights in DFC. Statement doesn't say what % of DFCSG members would have to vote YES in order for DFCSG to vote their DFC shares in favour of Raj Singh investment.

I guess there will be a separate DFCSG statement making that clear soon.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue May 09, 2017 8:25 pm

If Raj gets in now he will eventually get hold of the club without a doubt.

Say 3 years down the road and Raj has been a good boy, we then need more investment he offers it but wants to take control. If he gets in now then clearly most would allow him to take control at that point, if people are happy with then fair enough but lets not be in denial.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Tue May 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Quakerz wrote:
banktopp wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
banktopp wrote:NEVER,NEVER,NEVER.
Beggars belief that this traitor thinks he can buy our club for £40000.
The constitution currently prevents any one individual from owning more than 15% of the club.

Raj buying £40,000 worth of shares will mean the budget is comfortably boosted whilst he has a shareholding of less than 15%.

In reality, if we accepted this cash injection but then decided after reviewing his further proposals that it would not suit our model going forward, then he can be blocked from acquiring any further shares.

He would simply be another shareholder, and he could either sit on his 40k of shares or start to sell off his shares if he wished.

As it stands the situation is a 40k cash boost with little to lose for us.

Right now, it's a no brainer.

I'm more interested in finding out WHY he wants to be back at the club though - it just makes no sense!
Perhaps Pallister will be the next to invest £40000, and then another of his mates.
Don't touch his money . Why did he go missing in 2012 and then shaft us. Is there collective amnesia in Darlington.
OK so let's say he has 2 mates who also buy up shares, what do you think the purpose of that would be, what would be the end game?

To gain overall control of the club? (for whatever purpose he wants it). But in this scenario the "group" might hold a majority shareholding but he would only have part of that. So if his intentions were to do us harm, his mates would have to be in on it surely?
But his mates would do his bidding.
We have come so far in 5 years, just got our name back, don't lets fuck it all up by letting Singh anywhere near our club.
The problem is we do not know his true intentions, but how can they be benevolent after all that has gone before.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Understand what you are saying, not sure why his mates would do his bidding for him though. If his intentions are bad then they would need to have a grudge against Darlo to help him out.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Tue May 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Trike1 wrote:he can stick it where the sun doesnt shine
he fucked us over lied piublicly and caused us to start again with those s*** numbers

if he comes back we will be the laughing stock of football
Probably would be. I cant think of a club thats got involved again with a bloke that sent them to the wall. I mean what next, george reynolds buying shares

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 09, 2017 8:34 pm

Quakerz wrote:OK so let's say he has 2 mates who also buy up shares, what do you think the purpose of that would be, what would be the end game?

This scenario you describe above. Is it really that far fetched??

This is Raj Singh we are discussing here - the man who you tagged 'Radged Strings'

He was in charge for two and a half seasons and we were demoted by five levels, probably some kind of record.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:35 pm

So this is the man Gray said was at the very top of the game and can help him develop as a manager? :shock:

I don't know if I can do it. I want investment badly but I don't trust the bloke, even if we hear him out are you genuinely expecting him to say "I want to invest so I can shaft the club". He can promise the earth but then he would. I just don't see what he gets out of it...

Reading thru social media there seems to be more support for Singh than back when Upshall wanted to build us a ground for nothing in return. Amazing what can happen in a few years.

If there are people behind him that will come forward to invest why not lead with them? Break it to us gently? I can only assume the next one to come forward is George Reynolds.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:37 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Spyman wrote:Why is he wanting to specifically put his money towards a playing budget for a club that has currently no prospect of achieving promotion?

£40k buys him 15%.

We need to raise a further £160k to get the ground fit for promotion in the next 10.5 months.

I Singh gambling on us failing to achieve this so that come January he can step in and say " you're knocking on the door of promotion bit you can't go up without my help to improve the ground"?

Another £90k (on those figures) would be required from him to go above 50% ownership.

I think you have it spot on Spyman, this is a strategic move. if you accept this, you accept Singh to eventually take over the club, everyone can make their own choice on that.
Spyman hits nail on head.

I would prefer to have a mediocre few seasons watching the team and building up slowly than what appears to be a quick fix.No thanks from me.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue May 09, 2017 8:37 pm

lo36789 wrote:That is a fair shout Spyman. Would prefer the £40k went into the groundworks pitch and we can probably close that one off inside the week...

Thing is the influence Gray has on fans isn't so much that people want to prioritise the budget over the ground even though we know from this season where that leaves us if we are not sorted by March. We have spent £80,000 which could have nearly built the stand to be no further forward.
And what happens in a year if we do go up having raised the money for the playing budget and the ground?

We land ourselves in the Conference National with Martin Gray demanding another £'x' to remain competitive. Maybe we'll have another 500 regulars through the gates but is that going to be enough? Or will Gray demand that Singh is allowed to put more in?

Or we miss out on promotion - £80k of fundraising (£40k fro supporters) comes to nothing. Are we expected to do the same? That said, if Gray failed to achieve promotion with a budget he'd set himself, his position would have to be considered.

It just seems that all of this is so likely to spiral out of control.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 8:38 pm

We know one thing about Singh, he financially mismanaged this football club so badly that we became insolvent and ended up being demoted 4 divisions. I'm not sure this makes him the sort of person you'd want to play an important role in the future financial operations of the football club.

He seems to have failed the first important test, i.e. he's not capable of running a football club.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Tue May 09, 2017 8:38 pm

If he wants a stake he needs to match what we have collectively put in over the last five years rebuilding our club, from where he tried to kill the club off,
HE MUST NEVER EVER BE ALLOWED TO GET HOLD OF THE GOLDEN FOOTBALL CLUB SHARE,
I would take his money only as a gift ,however he wants to call the shots saying we must match his 40k playing budget. All i can say is get real raj Singh ,you've Shafted us in 2012, you swore that you had given the golden share to your solicitors to hand over, why LIE,, GIFT THE 40k or do one,show some compassion for what you did.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue May 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Some people seem to have already decided that he intends to own the club outright and then do it harm... and all before hearing what he has to say. One step at a time, ask the questions and vote on what's being put before us.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 8:40 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Quakerz wrote:OK so let's say he has 2 mates who also buy up shares, what do you think the purpose of that would be, what would be the end game?

This scenario you describe above. Is it really that far fetched??
Nope - I just didn't want to be the one to come out and suggest it.

It is more far fetched to think he has a couple of pals who would also buy shares in some sort of evil masterplan though.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Tue May 09, 2017 8:41 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:So this is the man Gray said was at the very top of the game and can help him develop as a manager? :shock:

I don't know if I can do it. I want investment badly but I don't trust the bloke, even if we hear him out are you genuinely expecting him to say "I want to invest so I can shaft the club". He can promise the earth but then he would. I just don't see what he gets out of it...

Reading thru social media there seems to be more support for Singh than back when Upshall wanted to build us a ground for nothing in return. Amazing what can happen in a few years.

If there are people behind him that will come forward to invest why not lead with them? Break it to us gently? I can only assume the next one to come forward is George Reynolds.
You never knawee. Another ex chairman wanting to put the wrongs of the past wright

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 09, 2017 8:44 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Some people seem to have already decided that he intends to own the club outright and then do it harm... and all before hearing what he has to say. One step at a time, ask the questions and vote on what's being put before us.

It's all very well hearing what he has to say - but can he be believed ?

Cast your mind back .................
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Trike1

Post by Trike1 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:46 pm

yea and your sig shows it theoriginalfatcat

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue May 09, 2017 8:49 pm

My initial feelings are mixed, to say the least. On the one hand, him acquiring a small amount of shares for £40k is reasonably risk free, and having some external help would make things much easier for us fans. But, as mentioned above, why must it be spent on the budget when we aren't in a position to get promoted? It does hint at the potential for leverage further down the line. Even if we do get the ground up to spec without external help - what about next seasons budget? Or will MG demand further external investment to keep the budget at the level he wants.

The name "Raj Singh" still evokes an uneasy feeling - I'll read the netcafe with great interest. I'll give him the opportunity to put his side forward, but I'm going to take a lot of convincing. And I do feel sorry for whoever will be running it as there will be an obscene amount of questions!

Another question is why are the other individuals not been named? If it was Singh + some others, then it may be much more palatable.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue May 09, 2017 8:50 pm

One thing's for sure... if we refuse the offer of substantial investment, then going forward we are going to need more than the same 100 or so supporters stumping up for the various fundraising drives.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue May 09, 2017 8:50 pm

Trike1 wrote:yea and your sig shows it theoriginalfatcat
That could be one of the questions, and why did he put us in administration. Could he sleep soundly at night knowing he killed a club with over a 100+ years history and not give us the so called golden share because I know I didn't.
There must be a thousand questions need answering and would love to hear what he has to say about 2012 fiasco.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 8:52 pm

The 40K is not the investment or the beginning of an investment. It simply buys us time to consider the takeover without having to cut the budget for next season. The takeover itself, I suspect, will be a proposal from Singh and others to buy a 51% stake in the club. It won't be through stealth and it won't happen gradually. The proposal will be made and the takeover will be all or nothing offer. The intentions therefore are vital, but I suspect its going to be very difficult to even take the 40K for some of us.

leedscol

Post by leedscol » Tue May 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Never.How can we even contemplate this?
unbelievable