Interesting but confusing regarding ground development

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Interesting but confusing regarding ground development

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 7:59 pm

I just noticed that tonight's statement mentions that costings are being done for a further 206 seats AND an open terrace at the open end.

Now when we're talking about costings is this us re-looking at getting a better deal for the further seats that we're already raising money for?

Or is it an additional further phase for after we've upgraded the seated stand? Hmm, a bit confusing.

I just hope the club make sure that the open terrace that they're planning for has a large enough capacity, it's going to have to hold roughly 1,200 I'd say.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Robbie Painter

Re: Interesting but confusing regarding ground development

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue May 09, 2017 8:26 pm

They outlined estimated cost at the forum:

£150k for seats (which I thought was a costed amount)
£300k for terrace (which was an estimate) - to bring ground up to Grade A standard.

We will be eligible for a £150k matched grant from FSIF if we get promotion to National League.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Tue May 09, 2017 8:27 pm

I was told at the weekend that the monies raised for stand and pitch includes VAT at 20%.
The good thing is that we can then reclaim the VAT and presumably use that money for further developments.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 8:28 pm

300k for an open terrace sounds quite a bit, I hope it's a big fucker in that case!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue May 09, 2017 8:34 pm

I assume that'll be fundraised only when we next get promoted, or we won't be eligible for grants.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:36 pm

Quakerz wrote:300k for an open terrace sounds quite a bit, I hope it's a big fucker in that case!
I wish that was true. If you look at the new terrace at Maidstone yes it is covered and yes it is a 'big fucker'. But estimates say it has set them back £900,000.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 8:50 pm

Yeah really I was comparing the cost of a terrace to the cost of building our seated stand which when finished and holding 500 seats will have cost approx 300k, and some people are suggesting we are paying too much for that?

Building a simple open terrace surely should be nowhere near as costly as building a covered, seated stand.

I suppose maybe if the terrace holds 1,000-1,200 (which it will need to) then that's twice the capacity of the seated stand and maybe 300k sounds about right.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:18 pm

I mean the seats will obviously have a cost, but most of it in terms of foundations and the stand itself is going to be relatively similar. I hope there's been some thought as to the step after.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu May 11, 2017 8:41 am

Don't want to drag this back into the mix, but what about the temporary seats at HP that belong to us? Why not allow for some hard standing and bring them down anyway?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:13 am

jjljks wrote:Don't want to drag this back into the mix, but what about the temporary seats at HP that belong to us? Why not allow for some hard standing and bring them down anyway?
Because it costs money and has no benefit.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu May 11, 2017 3:44 pm

lo36789 wrote:
jjljks wrote:Don't want to drag this back into the mix, but what about the temporary seats at HP that belong to us? Why not allow for some hard standing and bring them down anyway?
Because it costs money and has no benefit.
Would contradict the latter part of that statement, you could put the seats (without cover) at the open end and since they have a proper rake, you could get a better view of the pitch. It also could be more easily used to segregate when we play all those new derby games like Spennymoor, Blyth, York etc.

It is going to cost some money to construct a terrace at that end so why not enable the 'HP' seats to be reinstalled. There are a number of fans who cannot stand for 90 mins due to age or want to have their kids in close proximity who would welcome that option