RS Investment Poll

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Should the investment proposal from RS be accepted?

Yes
37%
No
63%

Total votes: 109

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: RS Investment Poll

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue May 09, 2017 9:26 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:Then we can block the further investment if we don't like it.
We won't though.

If Raj says he will turn us fulltime to go for promotion but he needs control the club, then people will go for it at that time.

If people want to vote for it then it's up to them but the end game is Raj owning the club.

Supporter finance will run lower once Raj owns some part of the club and that will support his opportunity.
Not necessarily Les. There is a big difference between what he wants now and him stating further down the line that he wants control. There is enough feeling against him now. At the end of the day if he wants control he has to be allowed.
You genuinely think people will turn down Raj after say 3 ok years and he promises to finance us into full time football and then the football league.

After 5 years ago people are willing to listen to him now because we need money, in a few years and we need money again, I am fully confident he would get the vote again (if he gets it this time).

Once he is in that will be it, if people are comfortable with it then that's up to them.
Les, he dosen't want to sit on 15% of shares and lurk in the background. This 40K is not part of the takeover. It just buys us time to consider the takeover bid when it is presented. There is a takeover bid to be made, this is not going to happen by stealth, he doesn't want 15% of shares in order to sneakily takeover in 3 years time. Singh and the consortium will present their takoever bid over the next few months.
His 40k only gets him 9% at the moment, it doesn't state he is getting 15% shareholding just that it's the maximum he can have currently.

So he wants in but not willing to let us know how far he wants to go as yet but he clearly wants more than 15%.

Once in he will eventually own a large share of the club.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 9:29 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote: His 40k only gets him 9% at the moment, it doesn't state he is getting 15% shareholding just that it's the maximum he can have currently.

So he wants in but not willing to let us know how far he wants to go as yet but he clearly wants more than 15%.

He doesn't want "in", he and the other investors want to own 51% of the club. We don't don't know who they are, what their plans are, and how much they have yet. The proposal has not been made yet!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue May 09, 2017 9:36 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote: His 40k only gets him 9% at the moment, it doesn't state he is getting 15% shareholding just that it's the maximum he can have currently.

He doesn't want "in", he and the other investors want to own 51% of the club. We don't don't know who they are, what their plans are, and how much they have yet. The proposal has not been made yet!
The statement only says potentially others, not that they are definitely involved.

Up to each person if they want Raj and friends to own over 50% of our football club.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 9:37 pm

Yarblockos wrote:

The statement only says potentially others, not that they are definitely involved.

Up to each person if they want Raj and friends to own over 50% of our football club.
Absolutely, but as I said, we know no details at all. If we vote not to accept the 40K then we will never know the details.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Yarblockos wrote:

Yes, and when raj and friends put forward a proposal to own 50% - THEN we vote on it.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Yarblockos wrote:

I suspect the other potential investors want o see how tonight's announcement goes before revealing who there are. Whatever you think about Singh and his motives, hats off to him as he must know the s*** storm this announcement could make.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 9:47 pm

Quakerz wrote:Yes, and when raj and friends put forward a proposal to own 50% - THEN we vote on it.
Exactly, we have no idea what the proposal is yet. I can only assume that because people have been waiting a week to hear news on the investment they have mistakenly interpreted this 40K as the investment.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue May 09, 2017 9:56 pm

If I was voting right now, I'd be voting no. There are just too many issues and unanswered questions.

1. His history with the club. Not just that he put the club into administration, but the lies that went with it. It means I could never trust Singh or his motives

2. Why does the money have to go towards the playing budget? A competitive squad means absolutely nothing if our ground isn't up to standard. All our focus should be on building the infrastructure, not the squad.

3. From a PR point of view, it looks dreadful. We've spent the last five years rebuilding our club, while at the same time taking the moral high ground about how we're doing it (i.e. with the community in mind). Now, we'd be willing to accept the money of a man who nearly ruined us in 2012.

This really would make us a laughing stock, an embarrassment in the eyes of everyone else.

4. Our average attendances have settled at around 1700 - the same as our National League days at the Arena. We are more than capable of surviving on that, combined with sponsorship, fundraising (and dare I say it, a cup run).

5. I want to see us back in the Football League, but it is hugely expensive to get there. Spending beyond our means to fast-track our way to success led to our implosion before.

6. What are his plans for the ground? We have no serious plans to get BM up to Football League standard. If he backs Martin Gray to the level suggested, we will have to have an up to standard ground to progress, otherwise it really is pouring money down the drain.

7. What are the longer term investment and/or takeover plans? Based on what Gray said at the FF, this £40k is far too small to be it, so what's the long term plan? What's the end-game of Singh and the other potential investors?

More than anything, it comes down to an issue of trust. I would always be suspicious of Singh and his motives. And with that doubt, I couldn't vote in favour of his investment.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 10:01 pm

Darlogramps wrote:If I was voting right now, I'd be voting no. There are just too many issues and unanswered questions.

1. His history with the club. Not just that he put the club into administration, but the lies that went with it. It means I could never trust Singh or his motives

2. Why does the money have to go towards the playing budget? A competitive squad means absolutely nothing if our ground isn't up to standard. All our focus should be on building the infrastructure, not the squad.

3. From a PR point of view, it looks dreadful. We've spent the last five years rebuilding our club, while at the same time taking the moral high ground about how we're doing it (i.e. with the community in mind). Now, we'd be willing to accept the money of a man who nearly ruined us in 2012.

This really would make us a laughing stock, an embarrassment in the eyes of everyone else.

4. Our average attendances have settled at around 1700 - the same as our National League days at the Arena. We are more than capable of surviving on that, combined with sponsorship, fundraising (and dare I say it, a cup run).

5. I want to see us back in the Football League, but it is hugely expensive to get there. Spending beyond our means to fast-track our way to success led to our implosion before.

6. What are his plans for the ground? We have no serious plans to get BM up to Football League standard. If he backs Martin Gray to the level suggested, we will have to have an up to standard ground to progress, otherwise it really is pouring money down the drain.

7. What are the longer term investment and/or takeover plans? Based on what Gray said at the FF, this £40k is far too small to be it, so what's the long term plan? What's the end-game of Singh and the other potential investors?

More than anything, it comes down to an issue of trust. I would always be suspicious of Singh and his motives. And with that doubt, I couldn't vote in favour of his investment.
These are the questions we all need to know the answer to. They must (and I suspect will) be set out in the proposal. If you vote no then you'll never get to hear what the proposal is and what the answer to these questions are. Why are you saying you'd vote no?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue May 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:If I was voting right now, I'd be voting no. There are just too many issues and unanswered questions.

These are the questions we all need to know the answer to. They must (and I suspect will) be set out in the proposal. If you vote no then you'll never get to hear what the proposal is and what the answer to these questions are. Why are you saying you'd vote no?
The answer is quite clear in my post.

If it was anyone other than Singh, I'd be willing to listen to any proposal.
But after his lies and catastrophic mismanagement of the club previously, I don't want him anywhere near controlling the club, as presumably he and his acolytes would want from any future takeover proposal.

And going crawling back to him for any investment in the first instance makes us a laughing stock.

Let's be clear, if we allow him to have his £40k of shares, he has a foothold. There's not really any turning back from there.

DarloBear
Team Supported: Darlington / Rangers

Post by DarloBear » Tue May 09, 2017 10:19 pm

I'll vote no because I don't want to hear anything from Singh, not now - not next week - not ever! If we accept anything from him the last 5 years have been a sham. I'm amazed and disappointed at the support he seems to be getting.

I'm now also disappointed at MG for speaking as he did at the fans forum when he obviously knew Singh was going to be involved as surely he knew the consequences for the fan base once it became clear that Singh was behind it. Remember that MG said quite clearly at the FF that the investors want 51% so in effect MG supports Singh getting control back of what is currently OUR club.

MG also said we were a laughing stock - no Martin, we'll be a laughing stock if we allow the owner that almost killed the club back in!

Though I was initially in favour of the idea of private investment to take the club further there is a line that surely we can't cross and that line is Singh ever being involved again.

I'm in as long as Singh is out!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 09, 2017 10:22 pm

Yarblockos - it's all very well hearing what he has to say, but can he be believed. He has a history of saying one thing doing another.

Mr Tibbs raises a good point. Raj puts in 40K and gets 15% shares. We put in 40K and get no shares.

I don't trust him. (Singh/not Mr Tibbs)
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 10:26 pm

Darlogramps wrote: The answer is quite clear in my post.

But after his lies and catastrophic mismanagement of the club previously, I don't want him anywhere near controlling the club, as presumably he and his acolytes would want from any future takeover proposal.

And going crawling back to him for any investment in the first instance makes us a laughing stock.

Let's be clear, if we allow him to have his £40k of shares, he has a foothold. There's not really any turning back from there.
Well, I can understand the standpoint of saying no because it is Singh. The questions you are asking are therefore beside the point, as you've already decided to vote no before hearing what the deal is.

The idea that 40K of shares gives him a foothold is 100% bollocks though. He does not want 9% of shares, that is of zero use to him. He simply cannot contribute the 40K to the budget without it being a share purchase. If you like, its the way the funding is set up that means the 40K is converted to shares. Its no more of a foothold than all of us who invested have. If we turn down the takeover bid, Singh cashes in his shares and walks.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 10:28 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Yarblockos - it's all very well hearing what he has to say, but can he be believed. He has a history of saying one thing doing another.

Mr Tibbs raises a good point. Raj puts in 40K and gets 15% shares. We put in 40K and get no shares.

I don't trust him. (Singh/not Mr Tibbs)
Well, I wouldn't believe him either. He might say "Look, me Gary Pallister, David Hodgson and Steve McClaren all banded together and want to takeover the club". But we'll never know will we?

Also, he only gets 9% of shares, and the 40K we put in its converted into shares owned by DFCSG.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 10:29 pm

He may think that having 40k worth of shares may give him more leverage when he launches his full proposal, but it doesn't have to be like that.

I get that people may fear that he might just steamroller in because the fans will be either too fickle or feel obliged because he put 40k in, but it is up to us as fans to be logical and strong regarding the following step.

Take the 40k, it helps this season.

View the proposal when it is finalised and vote on it's merits at that time. I do believe that if the proposal is not right for our club, that there will be enough fans to say no. In that event Raj would be left lumbered with 40k worth of shares, and that is a risk that he takes from this point.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:30 pm

He could just put £40k in the fund so not strictly true he doesn't have an alternative to buying shares.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 10:33 pm

Quakerz wrote:

He may think that having 40k worth of shares may give him more leverage when he launches his full proposal, but it doesn't have to be like that.

I get that people may fear that he might just steamroller in because the fans will be either too fickle or feel obliged because he put 40k in, but it is up to us as fans to be logical and strong regarding the following step.

View the proposal when it is finalised and vote on it's merits at that time. I do believe that if the proposal is not right for our club, that there will be enough fans to say no. In that event Raj would be left lumbered with 40k worth of shares, and that is a risk that he takes from this point.
I believe he genuinely has no use for 40K worth of shares, but without the boost of 40K to the budget there would not be long enough to put the takeover proposal together. He put in the 40K to buy him and his investors time. It will give him no effective influence at all.

I think this is virtually a risk free deal for us. Take the 40K. It's a no brainer.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 10:36 pm

lo36789 wrote:He could just put £40k in the fund so not strictly true he doesn't have an alternative to buying shares.
What fund do you mean? I'm guessing if the takeover is turned down he wants the 40K back. He is a businessman after all. We need 80K for the budget remember. So putting it into the boost the budget appeal makes it more likely we'll get the other 40K needed to cash it in.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue May 09, 2017 10:39 pm

Yarblockos wrote:

Well, I can understand the standpoint of saying no because it is Singh. The questions you are asking are therefore beside the point, as you've already decided to vote no before hearing what the deal is.
That's utter bollocks and you know it. I may have decided to vote no, but many others haven't. These are the general questions that must be answered before anyone who is willing to put aside Singh's past mismanagement and lies, can even consider his investment.

I don't want a liar who's ruined the club once anywhere near running it again. If you're willing to entertain that prospect, go ahead.

Yarblockos wrote:The idea that 40K of shares gives him a foothold is 100% bollocks though. He does not want 9% of shares, that is of zero use to him. He simply cannot contribute the 40K to the budget without it being a share purchase. If you like, its the way the funding is set up that means the 40K is converted to shares. Its no more of a foothold than all of us who invested have. If we turn down the takeover bid, Singh cashes in his shares and walks.
Nonsense. If Singh has 9% he can do as he pleases with it. Do you know for certain he'd walk away? No, you don't. Once he gets £40k of shares, he's in and we can't turn back from that.

You have no idea what his motives are, none of us do. So there's no way you can say what his future actions would be.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue May 09, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:39 pm

If you look at the amount raised on budget and pitch fund strategies, the numbers of individuals actually investing is very low, can we really relay on these individuals taking the club to the next level? Surely we can't and it's time to look at outside sizeable investment if we want to take the club forward. Anyway it's time for the fans to decide.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue May 09, 2017 10:44 pm

Quakerz wrote:

No - I don't want to hear anything from Raj Singh.

It's a point of principle. I don't want him anywhere near running the club. Saying we'd even listen to the proposal suggests we'd be willing to entertain that idea, which I will not stomach.

The 40k in the playing budget is pointless. Building our infrastructure is the most crucial task facing our club right now. Singh's £40k does nothing towards that.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 10:46 pm

DarloDave40 wrote:If you look at the amount raised on budget and pitch fund strategies, the numbers of individuals actually investing is very low, can we really relay on these individuals taking the club to the next level?
That's not a great argument for taking outside investment when there is no god given right to get to the next level anyway.

Maybe this is now our level and we should have a club that we can afford rather than wishing to always have a club that we can't afford.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 09, 2017 10:47 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
lo36789 wrote:He could just put £40k in the fund so not strictly true he doesn't have an alternative to buying shares.
What fund do you mean? I'm guessing if the takeover is turned down he wants the 40K back. He is a businessman after all. We need 80K for the budget remember. So putting it into the boost the budget appeal makes it more likely we'll get the other 40K needed to cash it in.
I think lo meant Singh could have gifted the money. In the same way that all sorts of generous people have gifted money to the club over the last 5 years. I think lo said this because you implied that Singh could not give us money unless he received shares.
Yarblockos wrote: I'm guessing if the takeover is turned down he wants the 40K back. He is a businessman after all.
Yes, and a businessman who has an appalling track record within football.

Yarblockos wrote: Take the 40K. It's a no brainer.
I suggest everyone on here should use their brain on full power re this proposal, especially you!
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 10:49 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:

That's utter bollocks and you know it. I may have decided to vote no, but many others haven't. These are the general questions that must be answered before anyone who is willing to put aside Singh's past mismanagement and lies, can even consider his investment.

I don't want a liar who's ruined the club once anywhere near running it again. If you're willing to entertain that prospect, go ahead.

Yarblockos wrote:The idea that 40K of shares gives him a foothold is 100% bollocks though. He does not want 9% of shares, that is of zero use to him. He simply cannot contribute the 40K to the budget without it being a share purchase. If you like, its the way the funding is set up that means the 40K is converted to shares. Its no more of a foothold than all of us who invested have. If we turn down the takeover bid, Singh cashes in his shares and walks.
Nonsense. If Singh has 9% he can do as he pleases with it. Do you know for certain he'd walk away? No, you don't. Once he gets £40k of shares, he's in and we can't turn back from that.

You have no idea what his motives are, none of us do. So there's no way you can say what his future actions would be.
And what exactly can you do with 9% of shares? I guess the other 91% are worthless then?

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 10:54 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:
I think lo meant Singh could have gifted the money. In the same way that all sorts of generous people have gifted money to the club over the last 5 years. I think lo said this because you implied that Singh could not give us money unless he received shares.
Yarblockos wrote: I'm guessing if the takeover is turned down he wants the 40K back. He is a businessman after all.
Yes, and a businessman who has an appalling track record within football.

Yarblockos wrote: Take the 40K. It's a no brainer.
I suggest everyone on here should use their brain on full power re this proposal, especially you!
I've already said that Singh has an appalling record on running football clubs. You think because I don't see any danger in him having 9% of shares that I am his cheerleader? This is not about Singh, this is about the delusion that somehow we are powerless to stop someone if they put 40K into the club.

If your argument is that Singh can't be trusted to run a football club, then its a good argument. If your argument is that 9% of shares gives someone too much power then it's a nonsense argument.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue May 09, 2017 10:58 pm

Yarblockos wrote: And what exactly can you do with 9% of shares? I guess the other 91% are worthless then?
It's bizarre, you keep talking as if you know what his actions will be. You do not.

Once he's in, he's in. I don't want him to be in. I don't want him to have 9%, 0.9% or 0.00000009%.

And moreover, how do we then look to everyone watching on? That we'd be willing to do business with a man who ruined us only 5 years ago.

It's humiliating. Name me another club or business which would see an owner so catastrophically mismanage them - to the point of near-extinction, then welcome them back with open arms.

It's like Nick Leeson being given a seat on the board of the successor to Barings Bank.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue May 09, 2017 11:09 pm

What wasn't said by anyone making a speech at the recent Fans Forum.

'We've done great by building ourselves up from the nothing that was left to us from the disastrous time that Raj Singh was in charge. It's taken five years of hard work -- but now ladies and gentlemen let me introduce to you...................................... Mr Raj Singh.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 11:11 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Yarblockos wrote: And what exactly can you do with 9% of shares? I guess the other 91% are worthless then?
It's bizarre, you keep talking as if you know what his actions will be. You do not.

Once he's in, he's in. I don't want him to be in. I don't want him to have 9%, 0.9% or 0.00000009%.

And moreover, how do we then look to everyone watching on? That we'd be willing to throw our lot in with a man who ruined us only 5 years ago.

It's humiliating. Name me another club or business which would see an owner so catastrophically mismanage them - to the point of near-extinction, then welcome them back with open arms.

It's like Nick Leeson being given a seat on the board of the successor to Barings Bank.
So your argument is that we say no to Singh full stop. The 9% giving someone power is irrelevant. We need an honest discussion here, if you don't want Singh in then say so. Trying to say that 9% gives someone too much power is dishonest.

The investors could put forward their proposal and we may say we'd accept it if Singh dropped out, or if he was allowed to own no more than 15% personally. But we'll never get to that stage because you'll have scared people off by saying 9% gives too much power.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue May 09, 2017 11:14 pm

I wouldn't want a penny off R.S .
The fact it's considered by any Darlo makes me shudder.
Let's get Ian Huntley in to babysit our kids while we're at it .
Think before posting

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue May 09, 2017 11:18 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

And moreover, how do we then look to everyone watching on? That we'd be willing to throw our lot in with a man who ruined us only 5 years ago.

So your argument is that we say no to Singh full stop. The 9% giving someone power is irrelevant. We need an honest discussion here, if you don't want Singh in then say so. Trying to say that 9% gives someone too much power is dishonest .
9% is too much for Singh. He should get 0%. He should be nowhere near the club he ruined. I've said this from my first post on this thread.

Yarblockos wrote:The investors could put forward their proposal and we may say we'd accept it if Singh dropped out, or if he was allowed to own no more than 15% personally. But we'll never get to that stage because you'll have scared people off by saying 9% gives too much power.
"If", "we may", "we could."

You're making up scenarios which you have no idea whether they'd happen. You're living in Fantasy Land.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue May 09, 2017 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.