RS Investment Poll

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Should the investment proposal from RS be accepted?

Yes
37%
No
63%

Total votes: 109

Darlo_Dan
Team Supported: Darlington

RS Investment Poll

Post by Darlo_Dan » Tue May 09, 2017 8:12 pm

I understand RS has not had chance to explain himself at the Netcafe, but based on current opinion, should the investment be accepted?

HarrytheQuaker

Re: RS Investment Poll

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue May 09, 2017 8:13 pm

IN

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue May 09, 2017 8:19 pm

At the moment NO until there is further details on what he really wants to do, even then could we really believe him. He has shafted us once already so then do we give him the chance to have another try, this is going to split supporters opinions and could do more harm then good to the fundraising.

Trike1

Post by Trike1 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:22 pm

not a chance and as a share holder will be voting against

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue May 09, 2017 8:23 pm

He used to own the club. And left it for dead.

Now I own this club. My dad owns this club. Most of you own this club. We've worked too hard to give it up for a paltry amount. We've raised probably close to £1M to rectify the mess he dumped us in.

Sustainability over boom and bust. I don't trust him. And we can never trust him.

Look at what we've achieved in such a short time. Doing the right thing

Daidy

Post by Daidy » Tue May 09, 2017 8:25 pm

dickdarlington wrote:He used to own the club. And left it for dead.

Now I own this club. My dad owns this club. Most of you own this club. We've worked too hard to give it up for a paltry amount. We've raised probably close to £1M to rectify the mess he dumped us in.

Sustainability over boom and bust. I don't trust him. And we can never trust him.

Look at what we've achieved in such a short time. Doing the right thing
This. Just this.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 8:26 pm

The current proposal gives the budget a decent boost with no real risk to the club.

This seems pretty straightforward to me - he's just buying shares (albeit a big lump) like anyone else can do.

It's an easy decision to accept this - however - morally not an easy decision.

The biggest and hardest decision would be whether we allowed further investments, and it is not set in stone that if we accept this, that we have to agree to further proposals.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue May 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Quakerz wrote:The current proposal gives the budget a decent boost with no real risk to the club.

This seems pretty straightforward to me - he's just buying shares (albeit a big lump) like anyone else can do.

It's an easy decision to accept this - however - morally not an easy decision.

The biggest and hardest decision would be whether we allowed further investments, and it is not set in stone that if we accept this, that we have to agree to further proposals.

I agree this option is a no brainer, its what investment he wants to do after that which will be the interesting one.

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:30 pm

Yes if more investors come onboard and DFCSG are on the board and protection is in place:

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue May 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Next investment will carefully be planned when the club look like not raising money or when it seems hard, so that it's accepted.

It's all been strategic and will continue to be.

When we are at our weakest/lowest we will be offered more money for more shareholding.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue May 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Then we can block the further investment if we don't like it.

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Remember if your not a shareholder or member of DFCSG you don't get a vote so now is the time the time to join the DFCSG if you want your vote.
Last edited by DarloDave40 on Tue May 09, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 8:34 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Next investment will carefully be planned when the club look like not raising money or when it seems hard, so that it's accepted.

It's all been strategic and will continue to be.

When we are at our weakest/lowest we will be offered more money for more shareholding.
Well that much is obvious if he's wanting control, but we don't have to say yes to it.

I want to know WHY he wants the club back because it just doesn't make any sense to me.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Tue May 09, 2017 8:38 pm

If he is getting involved for the wrong reasons what could he asset strip the club dont even own the ground.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue May 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Then we can block the further investment if we don't like it.
We won't though.

If Raj says he will turn us fulltime to go for promotion but he needs control the club, then people will go for it at that time.

If people want to vote for it then it's up to them but the end game is Raj owning the club.

Supporter finance will run lower once Raj owns some part of the club and that will support his opportunity.

DFC98765

Post by DFC98765 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:42 pm

What were his reasons for investing last time? When you have that answer you will know exactly why he is investing this time.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:45 pm

No from me,cant believe anyone would vote differently after 2012.

Mick

Post by Mick » Tue May 09, 2017 8:47 pm

Well. This is certainly an unenviable position we find ourselves in. Clarity, honesty and transparency required immediately or a NO from me.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 8:47 pm

Although I wouldn't want Raj Singh anywhere near the controls of the football club, the initial 40K is really just to buy time to set out the investment in full. It's going to take months to consider any proper takeover, and we haven't got that long to make decisions about next season's squad, therefore the 40K allows us time to assess the investment in full. Makes sense and seems like a no-brainer for now.

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Tue May 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Read this for a little insight into what he was after last time.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/l ... quit_club/

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue May 09, 2017 8:50 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
We won't though.

If Raj says he will turn us fulltime to go for promotion but he needs control the club, then people will go for it at that time.

If people want to vote for it then it's up to them but the end game is Raj owning the club.

Supporter finance will run lower once Raj owns some part of the club and that will support his opportunity.
Not necessarily Les. There is a big difference between what he wants now and him stating further down the line that he wants control. There is enough feeling against him now. At the end of the day if he wants control he has to be allowed.

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:52 pm

Yarblockos wrote:Although I wouldn't want Raj Singh anywhere near the controls of the football club, the initial 40K is really just to buy time to set out the investment in full. It's going to take months to consider any proper takeover, and we haven't got that long to make decisions about next season's squad, therefore the 40K allows us time to assess the investment in full. Makes sense and seems like a no-brainer for now.
Can't believe I actually agree with you, if nothing moves forward then Raj has a small % of the club that's all.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue May 09, 2017 8:56 pm

Magical Quakers wrote:Read this for a little insight into what he was after last time.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/l ... quit_club/

I like this comment right at the bottom...

Let the club go bust so nobody gets anything. If S&S sell to Tesco's, the town should boycott the store and make a point of going to Morrison's, Sainsbury's etc.,
Get as many people in the town to invest in a share in a new club, say, "Darlington Town Football Club".
Let Darlington FC supporters trust run the new club.
Put it in writing that NEVER should outside investors be allowed in.
Lets start from scratch.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue May 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
We won't though.

Not necessarily Les. There is a big difference between what he wants now and him stating further down the line that he wants control. There is enough feeling against him now. At the end of the day if he wants control he has to be allowed.
You genuinely think people will turn down Raj after say 3 ok years and he promises to finance us into full time football and then the football league.

After 5 years ago people are willing to listen to him now because we need money, in a few years and we need money again, I am fully confident he would get the vote again (if he gets it this time).

Once he is in that will be it, if people are comfortable with it then that's up to them.

DFC98765

Post by DFC98765 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:15 pm

*places tinfoil hat on head*

This is the way I see it;

Raj Singh only has interest in the Neasham Road stadium for cheap land development. Last time he tried to renegotiate the 75% payment of sale profits for non sporting use to the council. This shows that he intended to redevelop the ground, or parts of it for non footballing use. Would he have put the proceeds of those none sporting use profits into the football club? I would say not. He failed in negotiating this and then walked away, leaving us in the mess we ended up in.

Have mowden park managed to renegotiate this deal? If so is that why he is now interested?

Is his plan to take over the club now, wait until mowden are in trouble (surely sooner rather than later if we couldn't manage the stadium with much larger crowds and football league money), offer to buy the stadium with any, more beneficial to a developer, new clauses for non sporting profit and throw us right back into the s***?

His 40k to go into the playing fund only scares me. If he was genuinely interested he would look to developer Blackwell meadows before the squad.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
We won't though.

You genuinely think people will turn down Raj after say 3 ok years and he promises to finance us into full time football and then the football league.

After 5 years ago people are willing to listen to him now because we need money, in a few years and we need money again, I am fully confident he would get the vote again (if he gets it this time).

Once he is in that will be it, if people are comfortable with it then that's up to them.
Les, he dosen't want to sit on 15% of shares and lurk in the background. This 40K is not part of the takeover. It just buys us time to consider the takeover bid when it is presented. There is a takeover bid to be made, this is not going to happen by stealth, he doesn't want 15% of shares in order to sneakily takeover in 3 years time. Singh and the consortium will present their takoever bid over the next few months.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 09, 2017 9:19 pm

DFC98765 wrote:*places tinfoil hat on head*

Raj Singh only has interest in the Neasham Road stadium for cheap land development. Last time he tried to renegotiate the 75% payment of sale profits for non sporting use to the council. This shows that he intended to redevelop the ground, or parts of it for non footballing use. Would he have put the proceeds of those none sporting use profits into the football club? I would say not. He failed in negotiating this and then walked away, leaving us in the mess we ended up in.

Have mowden park managed to renegotiate this deal? If so is that why he is now interested?

Is his plan to take over the club now, wait until mowden are in trouble (surely sooner rather than later if we couldn't manage the stadium with much larger crowds and football league money), offer to buy the stadium with any, more beneficial to a developer, new clauses for non sporting profit and throw us right back into the s***?

His 40k to go into the playing fund only scares me. If he was genuinely interested he would look to developer Blackwell meadows before the squad.
To be fair he put 10K into the BM pitch fund as well.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 9:20 pm

No, we can't plan for next season unless we know what our budget is. MG needs to know what he has to work with now.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Tue May 09, 2017 9:22 pm

You really need to change the title of the poll, no wonder people are voting no.

The 40K is not the investment proposal. The investment proposal is to come.

DFC98765

Post by DFC98765 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:25 pm

Quakerz wrote:

To be fair he put 10K into the BM pitch fund as well.
Yes that was a nice little sweetener to get people onside.

I cannot understand his reason for returning for any football or community reasons. He is not a football fan, he is not a darlo fan. I would get it if he was a life long fan who could finally help out his club, like Dave Whelan or Steve Gibson, but he isn't and never will be. There is another motive. Why come back now, why not 2 years ago? Something has changed and I am convinced it had to do with the land on Neasham road