Netcafé with Raj is this Friday

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Netcafé with Raj is this Friday

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 11, 2017 2:13 pm

TFDM wrote:The live video, while easy to do, isn't so easy to make look halfway professional. Its all very well clicking the go live button but what are you going to film it on? A camera on a phone? Please.... this entire thing is a bit of a mess already without a joke of a live video on facebook done through someone holding a phone.

To do it halfway properly you need a proper (ideally two - one on the host and one on the person answering the questions) cameras. A couple of proper microphones rigged up and then all of this needs to go into a computer and then streamed live to facebook or whatever platform you've chosen. If you decided to do a two camera setup then you need a switcher in between all of that and something to monitor your two cameras on.

Probably far too late in the day to organise something like this. An audio only stream would be a better option imo as it would look more professional than a crap live video on facebook. Imo the club isn't coming out of this whole thing looking very good, the last thing we need to do is make the situation worse with an awfully done live video.
Yeah fair comment

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu May 11, 2017 2:15 pm

spen666 wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:
TFDM wrote:I've no idea what the format or how they are run as I've never been involved in them. I just hate the idea of the club doing a crap live video that'll hang around like a fart in a locked room for ages... like that Spenny forum video where they spent half the time talking about us. :?
Would one of the commentary team be able to make it there with their broadcast equipment?

" and now a question has been received on the computer screen....and Raj is typing something...and now another question has been received ......."

Probably not the most riveting event to commentate on
"It looks like... yes, he's scratching his head and looking rather perturbed" :lol:

Lincolnshire_Quaker

Post by Lincolnshire_Quaker » Thu May 11, 2017 2:41 pm

TFDM wrote:The live video, while easy to do, isn't so easy to make look halfway professional. Its all very well clicking the go live button but what are you going to film it on? A camera on a phone? Please.... this entire thing is a bit of a mess already without a joke of a live video on facebook done through someone holding a phone.

To do it halfway properly you need a proper (ideally two - one on the host and one on the person answering the questions) cameras. A couple of proper microphones rigged up and then all of this needs to go into a computer and then streamed live to facebook or whatever platform you've chosen. If you decided to do a two camera setup then you need a switcher in between all of that and something to monitor your two cameras on.

Probably far too late in the day to organise something like this. An audio only stream would be a better option imo as it would look more professional than a crap live video on facebook. Imo the club isn't coming out of this whole thing looking very good, the last thing we need to do is make the situation worse with an awfully done live video.
If you've got a halfway decent camera & microphone attached to a laptop/pc then Facebook Live video will use that perfectly well. The only real limiting factor is the speed of the broadband connection at the input and receiving end. That would be the case with anything that used video. Mixlr would be a second option, As Mr Tibbs suggests. Chuck in a bit of Periscope when it gets interesting for good measure! :lol:
If I were a stick of rock, no prizes for what would be written all the way through .....

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu May 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Why I said there wasn't other investors waiting to come in, because someone before had said that other investors may be looking to invest.

olrad

Post by olrad » Thu May 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Are you sure that assumption is correct Peter ? I hear that a previous captain may prove you wrong .

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Thu May 11, 2017 6:43 pm

How much did Raj make off Dan Burn and other player sales? I would suggest that if he is genuinely remorseful and not looking for personal gain then he should gift that money (not invest) to the club. I won't hold my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Thu May 11, 2017 6:47 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Is it still up for sale? Someone told me it had been sold.
It's clear we're a pawn in a game of chess here. DFC are needed as a vehicle for a reason for any land development. Question is, how much would we stand to gain, or lose, from being part of any grand plan. This will have to be bloody amazing on Friday.
I agree. We are a conduit for a bigger plan which either involves some major redevelopment of Blackwell (both sides of Grange Rd?) or a return to a revised Arena. MG must also stand to gain somehow (on and off the field??)

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Thu May 11, 2017 7:28 pm

I think with MG he does want the best for DFC, but mainly he wants the best for himself. Basically, he is showing human nature.

He has married himself to DFC, we've even got kids together (his Academy), but can see nicer and prettier clubs out there. Sure he is tempted, but we've been keeping him happy.

Now we've started telling him he can't go out as much, that new player he wanted is too much money, we're okay as we are, we don't need a summer holiday this year.

He knows he has invested too much time and energy with us, to just leave us.

But he's not happy about it, so he's been talking to his mates. He has a mate who can lend him a few quid, get that new player he likes the look of, they'll even sort out a makeover and bit of work to get us looking like we used to.

If we let him have his way he will stay, but it is definitely make or break for us.....