Raj Singh withdraws investment interest

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

tezza
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh withdraws investment interest

Post by tezza » Fri May 12, 2017 8:50 am

loan_star wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:I wish we'd had a chance to find out what was involved in this... the facts and not what everyone else speculated may be involved and how it would have worked out. John Tempest, who I trust and respect as someone who only has the best interests of the club at heart, knew the details and obviously felt it was well worth putting before the fans so we could make an informed choice. It's a shame we never got that opportunity.
I also would have liked to have heard what he had to say, although I wouldn't have trusted it.

But come on LL, he's just said this as part of his withdrawal - "Everybody knows where that club is going now"

Coming from a man who almost bust us in 3 years, talking about a group of fans who've kept the club going for 5 years...
I honestly think it will go tits up soon. Tempest will probably decide he can't be bothered with the ball ache of being the only director and quit. We don't seem to have any other volunteers to put themselves forward to take on a directors role so who steers the ship then?
We'll end up going cap in hand to anyone with money or the club will die through lack of direction.

This is not going to end well.
The whole episode has been brought about by one mans ambition overriding resources.
Would it happen again,? the same argument as rained against RS = Yes.
Trust between Employer/Employee evaporated = parting of ways.

Those who yet again have rounded on the 2 remaining board members (you know who you are) need to consider JT comments very seriously. The Manager can easily be replaced, the Board ?
You have had one chance to step forward .. silence deafening

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Fri May 12, 2017 10:07 am

lo36789 wrote:"Can't wait for Norton away in 2 year" the quality of the response on the clubs twitter. How do you even reason with that sort of argument?
Have you read some of the posts on "the tin shed" facebook group? There's a lot of really stupid posts on there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Fri May 12, 2017 10:45 am

liddle_4_ever wrote:
lo36789 wrote:"Can't wait for Norton away in 2 year" the quality of the response on the clubs twitter. How do you even reason with that sort of argument?
Have you read some of the posts on "the tin shed" facebook group? There's a lot of really stupid posts on there!

Where as on here there has been some top notch well thought out responses, on the whole. I'm impressed!

Those who say we should have listen to the offer as it must have been good for the board to offer it for fans vote, would the board have a choice in the matter? The fans / shareholders own the company.

As fans we need to support Tempest. I don't know him but I do feel sorry for him. This must have been an incredibly tough month.

To move forward we need MG to confirm his position asap. We also need to recruit board members to ease the burden.

Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri May 12, 2017 10:47 am

A friend drew my attention to the remarkable parallels between Raj Singh and the reappearance of the notorious Matt Crawford in The Archers (BBC4 wireless station). Why is he back and how is it that mayhem and distress always follow them? :?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 12, 2017 5:23 pm

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri May 12, 2017 7:28 pm

al_quaker wrote:http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ref=twtrec

A statement from Raj Singh
If anybody wants to read this and can't - go to the Darlington and Stockton Times website.

Don't expect to be enlightened though :wtf:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!