A thought about the club communications at the moment

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Neil_Heaneys_Pace
Team Supported: Darlington

A thought about the club communications at the moment

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Thu May 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Its fairly frustrating as fans to be asked to raise close to half a million quid before xmas on one hand and on the other being being criticised for having reservations and negativity toward someone who put us in this situation.

I was actually open to hear raj out at first and while MGs stunt at the forum was unhelpful and fairly annoying. You could see his point of view. But having reread some of the statments. Its made me more focussed on being fan owned.

Here is a novel thought. Lets actually work to a fixed playing budget and not spend a fortune on bench warmers form them to move on in 4-5 months.
Last edited by Neil_Heaneys_Pace on Thu May 11, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lo36789

Re: A thought about the club communications at the moment

Post by lo36789 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:24 pm

Your maths is terrible.

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Thu May 11, 2017 9:28 pm

lo36789 wrote:Your maths is terrible.
Three lots of 150k and 43k for the pitch? Isnt that close to half a million

Im also glad to see thats the only thing picked up from that post you little pleb

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu May 11, 2017 9:29 pm

It's 150k in total! 3 x 50k

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu May 11, 2017 9:31 pm

In theory it's 273k in total with budget boost. We have covered about 85k already.

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Thu May 11, 2017 9:36 pm

My bad you are correct. But the point remains at just over quarter of a million and lo is still a pleb

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri May 12, 2017 12:05 pm

Can I ask regarding the pitch 1 (the pitch). I assume that money will now be paid for the purposes of improving the pitch. What I'm getting at is, if we get to within £43k of the £150k total but don't make it in time, is it not silly to have paid for a pitch, but we haven't reached the £150k total which to me is the essential for next year

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 12, 2017 12:11 pm

D_F_C wrote:Can I ask regarding the pitch 1 (the pitch). I assume that money will now be paid for the purposes of improving the pitch. What I'm getting at is, if we get to within £43k of the £150k total but don't make it in time, is it not silly to have paid for a pitch, but we haven't reached the £150k total which to me is the essential for next year
I think the pitch has to be done as part of the FSIF grants we received, so is non-optional.

Could be wrong on that though

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri May 12, 2017 12:18 pm

al_quaker wrote:
D_F_C wrote:Can I ask regarding the pitch 1 (the pitch). I assume that money will now be paid for the purposes of improving the pitch. What I'm getting at is, if we get to within £43k of the £150k total but don't make it in time, is it not silly to have paid for a pitch, but we haven't reached the £150k total which to me is the essential for next year
I think the pitch has to be done as part of the FSIF grants we received, so is non-optional.

I thought we had a time limit on the grant, but we could reapply again at another date. But I could be wrong!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 12, 2017 12:22 pm

D_F_C wrote:
al_quaker wrote:

I thought we had a time limit on the grant, but we could reapply again at another date. But I could be wrong!
I thought we'd already received the money for the pitch works? And we were allowed to do it this summer because of the delay in the BM building works.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 12, 2017 10:40 pm

The pitch has to be done this summer, there's no option to delay the work I'm afraid.