Where 'We' Are

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mr Bovril Burns
Team Supported: Darlington

Where 'We' Are

Post by Mr Bovril Burns » Fri May 12, 2017 1:09 pm

I won’t make any comment on the investor debacle we have witnessed over the past few days, save to say I don’t think Raj walking away is a bad thing at all.
The majority of us do want a return to league football, and to do this we will eventually need investment from another source, that IMO is a given.
What does worry me, is the feeling that the previous five years achievements both on and off the field, are being tarnished by the s*** storm that has been created regarding investment.
What ‘we’ have achieved has been nothing short of remarkable, and ‘we’ all should be proud of where ‘we’ are and ‘we’ did all of this without any external investment.
I have read comments over the past few days and the negativity is all too evident.
We don’t need this, the positivity surrounding the club over recent years has made it the best of times (for me) supporting the club.
We have started a job and the club is still in it’s infancy, we need to unite again and stop the bitching.
We need Martin to stay and stop all this infighting, and as said before the negativity.
We nearly did it again this season and I know next year will be more difficult but a few years ago we very nearly had no club at all.

Lets walk before we can run.

The User formally known as Paddock81

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where 'We' Are

Post by al_quaker » Fri May 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Good post.

In 5 years we've gone from playing in Bishop under a different name in division 9 to playing in Darlington, looking forward to using our rightful name again, and finishing in the top 5 of division 6. Things aren't perfect, but that is a pretty decent achievement!

With a bit of time and a lot of effort we can make the next step - and if the right person comes along with an investment proposal the majority can get behind, then even better.