question

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

question

Post by onewayup » Fri May 12, 2017 4:27 pm

If raj had put forward this investment in say another persons name like pallister or some other football named person ,would it have been a problem, i think not as raj's name would not have come up.how do others feel the investment would have gone.
the stumbling block is the name raj singh,
I still think maybe something can be workout.with guarantee,s being put in place.
we have got a club which is ours the constitution will make sure it stays ours as the D,F,C,S,G hold the major share. think about it .perhaps raj should have been given the chance to have his say on 2012. and what the future held.
dave hodgson ,and martin gray are no pushovers and would have had to be sure before they put their name to helping the investor ,just my thoughts right or wrong.

lo36789

Re: question

Post by lo36789 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:30 pm

Partly it was because it was Raj Singh but even if it was someone else people are missing that it was declared that the investor would want a controlling share in the club. So would you be happy to sacrifice controlling share for another investor?

Another investor who could then sell on to whoever they wanted as soon as control left he DFCSG?

What if we sold to Pallister then a year later it was sold to Singh.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri May 12, 2017 4:36 pm

surely the D.F.C.S.G hold the majority share so we as a fan owned club have the final say.and nobody knows what the plans for the future would have been as they had not been talked about other than in the broadest terms as far as i can make out.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri May 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Which is what happened in the first place before Reynolds took over. The club was 'Sold' to Mike Peden with Reg Brealey still controlling, and the rest is history. So Lo's nightmare scenario was actually historically the beginning of the end for us. So I guess this is something we'll have to look out for going forward.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri May 12, 2017 4:45 pm

we have got to get past the past ,and learn from it ,if this football club of ours is to move forward.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri May 12, 2017 4:47 pm

It was definitely stated that the investor wanted a controlling share - so we would have had the massive decision about whether to hand the club over to whoever it would be/whoever would be fronting it.

As for Hodgy - well you just had to look at what Hodgy said in support of RS. They weren't the words of a man who was sure - the whole statement was a rambling contradictory mess.

As for Gray - someone waving investment infront of him, and maybe promises of going full time etc, well it's pretty easy to "overlook" 2012 when that person is seemingly answering your prayers

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Beano

Post by Beano » Fri May 12, 2017 6:50 pm

Quakerz wrote:It was definitely stated that the investor wanted a controlling share - so we would have had the massive decision about whether to hand the club over to whoever it would be/whoever would be fronting it.

As for Hodgy - well you just had to look at what Hodgy said in support of RS. They weren't the words of a man who was sure - the whole statement was a rambling contradictory mess.

As for Gray - someone waving investment infront of him, and maybe promises of going full time etc, well it's pretty easy to "overlook" 2012 when that person is seemingly answering your prayers
Spot on.