DFCSG Statement

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

DFCSG Statement

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat May 13, 2017 7:03 am

SGM still on but without a resolution
Dear Member,

We would like to take this opportunity to clarify the DFCSG Board’s position with regard to the recent offer of investment by Raj Singh and his subsequent decision to withdraw from any potential deal.

Once the approach to invest in the Club was made, the Directors of DFC had a duty to consider the views of all shareholders. As DFCSG is the major shareholder we, the DFCSG Board, also had a duty to consult our members, which is the democratic process we were going to be undertaking at the upcoming SGM.

It is important to state that the board of the DFCSG are resolutely committed to the fan owned community club model. Whilst we welcome any proposal of investment, we have rules in place designed to safeguard the future of the Club that we must adhere to. Any significant direct investment in the Club is potentially at odds with these rules regardless of who the investor is. However, there are other ways in which investors can get involved within the rules as they stand. And if our members do not agree with the rules they can be changed through a democratic process, although this takes time.

Clearly with Raj Singh’s previous involvement with DFC, many fans understandably felt that there were even more important factors to be taken into consideration, and made their opinions clear on social media as is their right.

However, regardless of the board’s opinion on the suitability of any investor, as a democratic one-member-one-vote society, we have to let our members have their say when such a situation arises.

We must stress that despite media reports to the contrary the Club is not in any immediate danger. However, now that this period of uncertainty is over, we need to all pull together and refocus our efforts to stabilise the Club and position it for growth and success. We are going to go ahead with the SGM to give our members the opportunity to ask questions about recent events and our plans for the future. We will also be meeting with the DFC Board and management in the next few days to discuss the next steps now that there is no prospect in the short term of private investment. As always there are a number of positions that will need to be filled at the Club and we are working with the club to establish an organisation model that will more clearly identify roles, responsibilities and gaps in the organisation. We would therefore welcome skilled volunteers to help shape the strategy and direction of the Club. We would like to thank those people who have already been in contact with offers of help.

As fan owners we have the power to shape the future of the Club. You can do that by supporting the open fund raising initiatives that are now more important than ever (see https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/) The ‘Boost the Budget’ fund raising will determine how competitive a squad Martin Gray can field next season, and the fund raising to extend the south stand is essential to position the Club for promotion to the National League.

Your Club Your Choice

Wayne Raper

Chair
Darlington FC Supporters Group

Am hoping this means that MG has been in discussions about the future.

super_les_mcjannet

Re: DFCSG Statement

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat May 13, 2017 7:32 am

Just about a perfect statement, well done DFCSG.

One of the best things that happens when the Trust, Supporters Club and CIC were put together.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:54 am

Excellent statement to clarify the current situation, well done Wayne.....greatly appreciated.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat May 13, 2017 8:05 am

Well said Wayne.You and the rest of the S.G can run my bath anytime :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:16 am

DFCSG wrote:lHowever, regardless of the board’s opinion on the suitability of any investor, as a democratic one-member-one-vote society, we have to let our members have their say when such a situation arises.
So much between the lines given some people have said that "well obviously DFCSG thought the proposal was valid enough to present to the fans".

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Sat May 13, 2017 8:32 am

Now that's how you write a statement .

Come on Darlo !
Think before posting

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat May 13, 2017 8:39 am

And with that statement comes my motivation for investment in the extension to the stand, which had been postponed due to the recent happenings. If an average person like myself feels like that, hopefully many others will.
Also good to hear that there have been volunteers.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:41 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:And with that statement comes my motivation for investment in the extension to the stand, which had been postponed due to the recent happenings. If an average person like myself feels like that, hopefully many others will.
Also good to hear that there have been volunteers.
Well done Adam, that's the attitude we need right now....onwards and upwards.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat May 13, 2017 8:47 am

Cracking statement. We seem to have a very good SG board. I hope they stay on and aren't disillusioned with the recent events

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat May 13, 2017 9:30 am

A superb statement.

The more I hear from Wayne Raper the more impressed I am.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat May 13, 2017 9:49 am

lo36789 wrote:
DFCSG wrote:lHowever, regardless of the board’s opinion on the suitability of any investor, as a democratic one-member-one-vote society, we have to let our members have their say when such a situation arises.
So much between the lines given some people have said that "well obviously DFCSG thought the proposal was valid enough to present to the fans".
Rubbish. If the plan was a non starter they wouldn't have bothered giving the bloke any more time.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat May 13, 2017 9:49 am

Beano wrote:A superb statement.

The more I hear from Wayne Raper the more impressed I am.
It makes some of the comments aimed at Wayne at the fans forum look even more stupid.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 13, 2017 9:53 am

loan_star wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Rubbish. If the plan was a non starter they wouldn't have bothered giving the bloke any more time.
huge difference between being a non-starter and believing it is in the best interests of the club.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat May 13, 2017 10:10 am

lo36789 wrote:
loan_star wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
huge difference between being a non-starter and believing it is in the best interests of the club.
So still valid enough to put forward to the fans?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat May 13, 2017 10:14 am

He offered 40k for 10% approx share and would tell us more later but wants above 50% in the long run. I guess yes that would have to go to the fans to vote on but he couldn't hack a bit of stick due to the past and didn't bother giving us the chance.

I didn't want him to but each one of us had our own opinion on that.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat May 13, 2017 10:25 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:He offered 40k for 10% approx share and would tell us more later but wants above 50% in the long run. I guess yes that would have to go to the fans to vote on but he couldn't hack a bit of stick due to the past and didn't bother giving us the chance.

I wasn't overly keen either however I was interested in just how he was going to sell the idea to us. Better to reject after getting all the facts than to just rely on past experiences.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat May 13, 2017 10:44 am

loan_star wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:He offered 40k for 10% approx share and would tell us more later but wants above 50% in the long run. I guess yes that would have to go to the fans to vote on but he couldn't hack a bit of stick due to the past and didn't bother giving us the chance.

I wasn't overly keen either however I was interested in just how he was going to sell the idea to us. Better to reject after getting all the facts than to just rely on past experiences.
We would only have got the facts he wanted us to have. Past experiences suggest we would not have got the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat May 13, 2017 10:54 am

loan_star wrote:

Not for me, even his statements since have convinced me it's right not to accept him. I appreciate others may have wanted to here him out but I would never be convinced he would be the person to take us forward.

However doesn't matter as he chose not to give us the opportunity to vote on it.