Darlington Building Society

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

feethams
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlington Building Society

Post by feethams » Mon May 15, 2017 8:21 pm

Does anyone know what happened to the clubs relationship with the Building Society? They sponsored the club for 10 years and then disappeared after the Houghton admin season.

With the current situation, wondered if there scope to reach out to them for sponsorship opportunities?

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Re: Darlington Building Society

Post by Quakers1883 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:01 pm

I'm sure that they sponsored the youth team recently
FORZA DARLO

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed May 17, 2017 4:11 pm

With 3 club administrations taking money from locals it may have been deemed bad PR to support those responsible (private "investors").

With the present sound and audited management the club could seek out new sizeable sponsorship or share purchase from them, but it may be a case of our previous owners giving a dog a bad name.

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Wed May 17, 2017 4:46 pm

I was thinking along these lines regarding previous shirt sponsors Cosyseal, and the Morritt hotel. It seems once they had ended their sponsorship they were allowed to wander off into the sunset.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed May 17, 2017 5:19 pm

norwich darlo wrote:I was thinking along these lines regarding previous shirt sponsors Cosyseal, and the Morritt hotel. It seems once they had ended their sponsorship they were allowed to wander off into the sunset.
Allowed to? Or didn't want further involvement?

We do know who was/wasn't approached for support over the last 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed May 17, 2017 5:21 pm

Cosyseal had some issues where one of their companies had to go into administration and losing about30 jobs so it's likely they couldn't afford/justify renewing.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jonn

Post by jonn » Wed May 17, 2017 7:37 pm

The Morritt Arms has changed hands since those days, now owned by a small group whose other assets include, I think, the country/golf club at Coathham Mundeville. They are rumoured to be keen on community involvement in the Teesdale area, might be worth another approach?