SALFORD

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Craig09
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: SALFORD

Post by Craig09 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Makka Pakka wrote:We've had stupid rumours spread about wages we pay from people who work with a friend of the players dad etc. They've all been bollocks, I don't know why these are being taken seriously. £2.5k a week, give your head a shake.

His dad must be a liar then

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Salford have signe 3 centrebacks in the past week and they all come with ridiculous pedigree. Hard to look past them next season.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Fri May 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Take a look at @sigrandy's Tweet: https://twitter.com/sigrandy/status/862 ... 89632?s=09

Simon Grand the now ex-Salford Captain has been shafted by the club, offered him a new contract then changed their mind. It's all business at Salford, no sentiment. Strange that even though the managers wanted him to stay powers above said no. Not sure about anyone else but I'd find that incredibly frustrating that the manager(s) aren't making the calls on players.

The Golden Hairclip

SALFORD

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Fri May 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Get him signed up! Subject to budget of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:47 pm

JamesDarlo wrote:It's all business at Salford, no sentiment. Strange that even though the managers wanted him to stay powers above said no.
Does it say that? It works both ways though generally speaking a player putting contract talks on hold means holding out for a better deal.

Bet if he was offered more money somewhere else he would have gone.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Fri May 19, 2017 7:28 pm

lo36789 wrote:
JamesDarlo wrote:It's all business at Salford, no sentiment. Strange that even though the managers wanted him to stay powers above said no.
Does it say that? It works both ways though generally speaking a player putting contract talks on hold means holding out for a better deal.

Bet if he was offered more money somewhere else he would have gone.
Checking the replies I think he says something about managers wanting him to be kept on. Agree with the fact he was probably​ holding out for more money mind, he seems to be a bit of a journeyman.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat May 20, 2017 8:49 am

"Our real ambition, then, is to have an academy that produces players into our first team, to give kids from the area a chance."

- Gary Neville, Nov 2015

Great to see it's still all about giving the kids of Salford a chance to fulfil their dreams and not just chucking money at it to buy success.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:09 am

LoidLucan wrote:"Our real ambition, then, is to have an academy that produces players into our first team, to give kids from the area a chance."

- Gary Neville, Nov 2015

Great to see it's still all about giving the kids of Salford a chance to fulfil their dreams and not just chucking money at it to buy success.
The two centre halves they have signed are from Salford.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat May 20, 2017 9:18 am

Not quite "giving the kids of Salford a chance to break into the team", is it now? Danny Livesey is 32 and Liam Hogan 28, for starters.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:55 am

It's not but at the same time. There is part of me which thinks there is a longer term picture to it. Make Salford the club that local lads want to play for, become a community focussed club.

Yes they've thrown money at it but maybe there is a wider strategy with it - maybe!?

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat May 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Salford are signing local lads, but local seasoned professionals.

It is engaging the local footballing community, as it did when we signed White, Maddison, etc, and is increasing their local support from their potentially massive catchment area.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Let's be honest - Salford would have signed Livesey & Hogan even if they weren't from Salford. Just in the same way that have signed Piergianni (Peterborough), Touray (Toxeth) & Dieseruwve (Leeds).

The whole PR & romanticising that they want to sign the local players of Manchester after being took-over should have been thrown out when they signed over half of Ramsbottom's side.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sat May 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Ramsbottom's side were almost exclusively Mancunian, so I'm not sure that supports your argument.

They have changed their tack with recruitment, with rumours that the joint-managers no longer control this, but they are hoovering up the best non-league talents.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun May 21, 2017 11:31 am

Enough of this Salford thread & take a reality check. This season for them represents a FAILURE no matter how much they spent on improving the ground / pitch, spending on the squad, backing from 'interested' investors, they did NOT achieve promotion and the average attendance is 300+ less than ours. Manchester fans would rather go to Chorley or Stockport County and FCUM have twice their attendance as well as being fan-owned.

Let us put Salford out of our minds and threads, rather focus on getting OUR club back to the Football League in a sustainable model, involving the fans. :thumbup:

PS I am more concerned with the meteoric rise of South Shields than Salford! Good to see a North East team managing to lift FA Vase this season.

Dany Krap

Post by Dany Krap » Sun May 21, 2017 6:12 pm

jjljks wrote:Enough of this Salford thread & take a reality check. This season for them represents a FAILURE no matter how much they spent on improving the ground / pitch, spending on the squad, backing from 'interested' investors, they did NOT achieve promotion and the average attendance is 300+ less than ours. Manchester fans would rather go to Chorley or Stockport County and FCUM have twice their attendance as well as being fan-owned.

Let us put Salford out of our minds and threads, rather focus on getting OUR club back to the Football League in a sustainable model, involving the fans. :thumbup:

PS I am more concerned with the meteoric rise of South Shields than Salford! Good to see a North East team managing to lift FA Vase this season.
This is a thread about Salford. If you really think that we should put Salford out of our minds and threads then why bother to post on this thread?
Aren't you just doing what you are asking others not to do?

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Mon May 29, 2017 12:41 pm

I see they've let go:

- Simon Grand
- Jay Lynch
- James Poole (Altrincham)
- Craig King (Gainsborough Trinity)
- Matt Warburton (Stockport County)
- Steve O'Halloran (Stockport County)
- Steve Howson (Curzon Ashton)
- John Johnston (Altrincham)

It'll be interesting to see how a team full of new players can gel as a team over the course of the season.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Mon May 29, 2017 4:09 pm

Didn't Jay Lynch make conference north team of the season? Bizarre decision to me

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon May 29, 2017 4:24 pm

I'd guess some of the players they've released are players who don't want to go full time

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue May 30, 2017 12:05 pm

Jay Lynch has stated that he wanted to stay but they are signing a keeper who will be number 1

shawry

Post by shawry » Tue May 30, 2017 12:35 pm

D_F_C wrote:Jay Lynch has stated that he wanted to stay but they are signing a keeper who will be number 1
Wanted to stay. But did he want to be fulltime?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk