Saunders Signs 2 Year Contract

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Neil Johnson
Team Supported: Darlington

Saunders Signs 2 Year Contract

Post by Neil Johnson » Sat May 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Another player commits to the club.

Hume was already signed up last season.

With a better pitch at BM we will probably see more of these lads getting 1st team action.

I suppose Gillies, Wearmouth & Thompson will appreciate playing and have more options, with the ball, on a far better home surface.

HarrytheQuaker

Re: Saunders Signs 2 Year Contract

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat May 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:Another player commits to the club.

Hume was already signed up last season.

With a better pitch at BM we will probably see more of these lads getting 1st team action.

I suppose Gillies, Wearmouth & Thompson will appreciate playing and have more options, with the ball, on a far better home surface.
They will get a chance if good enough NOT because the pitch is better

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat May 20, 2017 8:16 pm

The guy has an agent? Seriously?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:00 pm

I was thinking that...imagine being an agent to non league youth team players!?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat May 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Must be almost as lucrative as a paper round.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun May 21, 2017 6:14 am

Spyman wrote:The guy has an agent? Seriously?
That was my first thought, but we don't know if he sought the agent or the agent sought him.

I'd be happy if his agent gets him (and us) a lot of money in a transfer to a big club.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun May 21, 2017 9:52 am

The future of the club depends on us being able to develop players and good to see this is a step in the right direction. We can showcase some youngsters but also be another chance for those whose careers have been stalled due to long-term injuries or similar.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun May 21, 2017 11:07 am

jjljks wrote:The future of the club depends on us being able to develop players and good to see this is a step in the right direction. We can showcase some youngsters but also be another chance for those whose careers have been stalled due to long-term injuries or similar.
This is his agent... "with a proven track record of concluding contracts and contractual negotiations in deals exceeding 1 million pounds." That'd do me :thumbup:

http://www.intermediariesforsport.co.uk/about-us/

Maybe this is an area where the club could forge partnerships with agents who can help us to get the best deals for our talented youngsters after we've helped to develop them into salable assets.

I have no idea what's in a player's contract when they come up from the youth set up, but I would put a clause in there about them only contracting themselves with an agent who is licensed (and sell those licences!) with the club. Protects us and shows our youth players that the club has the machinery in place to develop them and give them the best possible chance of making it big.