Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:37 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 50
Team Supported: Darlington
On another note the pitch looks well and great to hear that the seats have been raised and that the dugouts are being moved back to improve visibility.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 411
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
My opinion wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Point = missed.

We don't need him. And now we're paying a player we don't need a wage while he's out injured.

And that money could be better spent on building the stand to erm, make us eligible for promotion.

So be as pedantic as you want (the fact you have to resort to pedantry shows how many times I've upset you by beating you in arguments).

It doesn't hide the fact that time is ticking to get the stand built, the fundraising has stopped, and we're wasting money on signing players we don't need.

HaHa
I new you would bite..
Totally expected comment from you as well.
Incidentally...The only way you win your arguments is by dragging the threads on and on and on and on until everyone is absolutely sick...You are so boring and predictable....
Go on, admit it and tell everyone you were wrong when you said " we've just bought a centre back we don't need,"
Bet you don't

Genuinely I didn't think people would get so wound up because someone said something on an internet forum. But your bizarre rant has proven everyone wrong. Seriously, get out of your bedsit and find a girl or take up a hobby.

I should have said "brought in" a centre back we don't need. The majority of people reading understood the point I was making, but if it upsets you so much I'll correct myself.

I've corrected myself before when wrong, so it's funny you've made a big deal out of it.

While we're on the subject of pedantry it's "knew you would bite" not "new".

Makes you look a fool if you get that wrong after lecturing me pedantically.

Now, are you going to offer any sort of worthwhile opinion on the waste of money Heaton is? Or are you going to be your usual self and seethe in your own bitterness about how I beat you in every argument?

First off...I am well past the stage of looking for a girl..My grandsons are doing that. Also, I have plenty of other things to do so don't need a hobby.

secondly You have never beaten anyone in an argument yet..To beat someone you have to change their opinion...All you do is keep writing your own opinion, over and over again, then you get personal. Then you tell them that they are bizarre or that their comment was bizarre. Obviously your favourite word.
Just because you have the last word does not mean you have won the argument..,

On the Heaton issue, Having not seen him play I know very little about him and don't know if he will improve the team or not.....Like you I think that the ground should take priority and MUST be up to the required level by March..Gray has a budget and if it's a case of one in one out then I hope that he moves someone on..
Heaton is unfortunate with his injury as was Wearmouth last season, but that is not the issue. I guess he will not be earning a great deal from his football if he is not playing, but don;t really know what his contract states.
Looking forward to your next comment cos I am sure there will be one...Even if it only to point out my incorrect spelling of a word or a grammatical error.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 821
Team Supported: Darlington
It would be great to see some pics for us exiles who can't peep over the fence! I'm not sure it will help the new lad's confidence to be called a waste of money, bought, brought, transferred, purchased, moved or however else he arrived here. We all make mistakes when typing.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 2781
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
We don't need him. And now we're paying a player we don't need a wage while he's out injured.


Not necessarily Gramps.


It's possible we might not be paying him. I don't think we paid Wearmouth while he was out of the picture, as a deal was agreed to. So you never know........

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3292
Team Supported: Darlington
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
We don't need him. And now we're paying a player we don't need a wage while he's out injured.


Not necessarily Gramps.


It's possible we might not be paying him. I don't think we paid Wearmouth while he was out of the picture, as a deal was agreed to. So you never know........
Don't think you can equate the two. Wearmouth had a serious injury and was out for the season. Heaton will be out for six weeks.

So I'd be surprised if we weren't paying a wage to Heaton during his recovery.

don'tbuythesun wrote:
It would be great to see some pics for us exiles who can't peep over the fence! I'm not sure it will help the new lad's confidence to be called a waste of money, bought, brought, transferred, purchased, moved or however else he arrived here. We all make mistakes when typing.


Don't see why it would affect his confidence. After all it's not a judgement on him as a player. More a reflection on whether we have the right priorities financially.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3292
Team Supported: Darlington
My opinion wrote:
First off...I am well past the stage of looking for a girl..My grandsons are doing that. Also, I have plenty of other things to do so don't need a hobby.

secondly You have never beaten anyone in an argument yet..To beat someone you have to change their opinion...All you do is keep writing your own opinion, over and over again, then you get personal. Then you tell them that they are bizarre or that their comment was bizarre. Obviously your favourite word.
Just because you have the last word does not mean you have won the argument..,

On the Heaton issue, Having not seen him play I know very little about him and don't know if he will improve the team or not.....Like you I think that the ground should take priority and MUST be up to the required level by March..Gray has a budget and if it's a case of one in one out then I hope that he moves someone on..
Heaton is unfortunate with his injury as was Wearmouth last season, but that is not the issue. I guess he will not be earning a great deal from his football if he is not playing, but don;t really know what his contract states.
Looking forward to your next comment cos I am sure there will be one...Even if it only to point out my incorrect spelling of a word or a grammatical error.


Forgive me, and I mean this in the nicest possible terms, you're coming across as very insecure. Replying to each of my throwaway insults and maintaining a repeated attack on my character.

All triggered because I said "bought" instead of "brought in". Evidently something I've said has got under your skin to trigger your bizarre (that word again) behaviour.

And I disagree on what constitutes "beating" someone. No one on here will ever change their minds publicly. To me it's who constructs the most plausible, reasoned argument. Can you get others who haven't taken a stance yet to agree with you?

Call me big-headed but I think my arguments are well put together. People may disagree with them, or take exception to how I communicate and defend them. But I believe I always justify myself. Then again, that's for others to judge.

That's why my arguments go on. After all, I can't debate with myself, so others are clearly responding. No one can say I don't provoke debate! If they respond, I have every right to answer back. You may find that boring, but then you don't have to read or reply if you don't want to.

I've enjoyed this chat. Quite therapeutic actually.

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 pm
Posts: 1175
Team Supported: Darlington
My opinion wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
My opinion wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Point = missed.

We don't need him. And now we're paying a player we don't need a wage while he's out injured.

And that money could be better spent on building the stand to erm, make us eligible for promotion.

So be as pedantic as you want (the fact you have to resort to pedantry shows how many times I've upset you by beating you in arguments).

It doesn't hide the fact that time is ticking to get the stand built, the fundraising has stopped, and we're wasting money on signing players we don't need.

HaHa
I new you .
Totally expected comment from you as well.
Incidentally...The only way you win your arguments is by dragging the threads on and on and on and on until everyone is absolutely sick...You are so boring and predictable....
Go on, admit it and tell everyone you were wrong when you said " we've just bought a centre back we don't need,"
Bet you don't

Genuinely I didn't think people would get so wound up because someone said something on an internet forum. But your bizarre rant has proven everyone wrong. Seriously, get out of your bedsit and find a girl or take up a hobby.



I should have said "brought in" a centre back we don't need. The majority of people reading understood the point I was making, but if it upsets you so much I'll correct myself.

I've corrected myself before when wrong, so it's funny you've made a big deal out of it.

While we're on the subject of pedantry it's "knew you would bite" not "new".

Makes you look a fool if you get that wrong after lecturing me pedantically.

Now, are you going to offer any sort of worthwhile opinion on the waste of money Heaton is? Or are you going to be your usual self and seethe in your own bitterness about how I beat you in every argument?

First off...I am well past the stage of looking for a girl..My grandsons are doing that. Also, I have plenty of other things to do so don't need a hobby.

secondly You have never beaten anyone in an argument yet..To beat someone you have to change their opinion...All you do is keep writing your own opinion, over and over again, then you get personal. Then you tell them that they are bizarre or that their comment was bizarre. Obviously your favourite word.
Just because you have the last word does not mean you have won the argument..,

On the Heaton issue, Having not seen him play I know very little about him and don't know if he will improve the team or not.....Like you I think that the ground should take priority and MUST be up to the required level by March..Gray has a budget and if it's a case of one in one out then I hope that he moves someone on..
Heaton is unfortunate with his injury as was Wearmouth last season, but that is not the issue. I guess he will not be earning a great deal from his football if he is not playing, but don;t really know what his contract states.
Looking forward to your next comment cos I am sure there will be one...Even if it only to point out my incorrect spelling of a word or a grammatical error.

With the often shambolic defending last season we needed more options at the back. Some of last season's squad need to have a break and receive more effective defensive coaching that they can remember. Collins has been OK and Heaton was well rated by fans at reserves before his knock.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5325
Team Supported: Darlington
Neil Johnson wrote:
Some of last season's squad need to have a break


I agree, they need a couple of months away from football. Between May and July seems a good idea to me :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:40 pm
Posts: 5
Team Supported: Darlington
According to latest tweet from CS signing of Heaton has been delayed


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10547
Team Supported: Darlington
darlosince65 wrote:
According to latest tweet from CS signing of Heaton has been delayed

Good news :thumbup:

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9299
Team Supported: Darlington
Hopefully just whilst he get's his collarbone fixed, too good a player not to sign.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 465
Team Supported: Darlington
Getting back to the main topic of this thread - i.e. the Pitch

Has anyone conducted the Pitch Test on our newly installed Football Turf Pitch as per the NL requirements in Rule 23.4 (d)?

It says that a FIFA accredited field test institute shall provide to The Competition a Copy of their official report to FIFA immediately upon completion of the Pitch Test.

If we haven't, I can see this being used to beat us around the head / fine / expel us before we have kicked a ball at Blackwell Meadows :(


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Posts: 321
Team Supported: Darlington
jjljks wrote:
Getting back to the main topic of this thread - i.e. the Pitch

Has anyone conducted the Pitch Test on our newly installed Football Turf Pitch as per the NL requirements in Rule 23.4 (d)?

It says that a FIFA accredited field test institute shall provide to The Competition a Copy of their official report to FIFA immediately upon completion of the Pitch Test.

If we haven't, I can see this being used to beat us around the head / fine / expel us before we have kicked a ball at Blackwell Meadows :(

Doomed,doomed.We're all doomed. :(


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Posts: 3796
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
darlosince65 wrote:
According to latest tweet from CS signing of Heaton has been delayed

Good news :thumbup:


Cracking news - the lad now misses out on 2 months pay due to an injury. As he wont have a contract at Bamber Bridge or us.

He also might miss out on moving up the pyramid completely if the move is delayed.

It now also means that we have one less centre-half going in to the busiest part of the season.

Fantastic news, as you say though. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10547
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlofan97 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
darlosince65 wrote:
According to latest tweet from CS signing of Heaton has been delayed

Good news [emoji106]


Cracking news - the lad now misses out on 2 months pay due to an injury. As he wont have a contract at Bamber Bridge or us.

He also might miss out on moving up the pyramid completely if the move is delayed.

It now also means that we have one less centre-half going in to the busiest part of the season.

Fantastic news, as you say though. [emoji106]
Good news that we've not already committed to paying an injured player that we can't afford to commit to.

Obviously I wasn't suggesting his injury is good news, and you knew that, unless you're dense.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:37 am
Posts: 2261
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
darlosince65 wrote:
According to latest tweet from CS signing of Heaton has been delayed

Good news [emoji106]


Cracking news - the lad now misses out on 2 months pay due to an injury. As he wont have a contract at Bamber Bridge or us.

He also might miss out on moving up the pyramid completely if the move is delayed.

It now also means that we have one less centre-half going in to the busiest part of the season.

Fantastic news, as you say though. [emoji106]
Good news that we've not already committed to paying an injured player that we can't afford to commit to.

Obviously I wasn't suggesting his injury is good news, and you knew that, unless you're dense.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Martin Gray has talked in the past at forums about not paying Amar Purewal & Arran Wearmouth when injured (with the agreement of the player). Personally I think its wrong & contracts should be honoured, even if it is to the detriment of the squad / finances.

_________________
Robbie Painter - http://twitter.com/RobbiePainter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10547
Team Supported: Darlington
Robbie Painter wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
darlosince65 wrote:
According to latest tweet from CS signing of Heaton has been delayed

Good news [emoji106]


Cracking news - the lad now misses out on 2 months pay due to an injury. As he wont have a contract at Bamber Bridge or us.

He also might miss out on moving up the pyramid completely if the move is delayed.

It now also means that we have one less centre-half going in to the busiest part of the season.

Fantastic news, as you say though. [emoji106]
Good news that we've not already committed to paying an injured player that we can't afford to commit to.

Obviously I wasn't suggesting his injury is good news, and you knew that, unless you're dense.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Martin Gray has talked in the past at forums about not paying Amar Purewal & Arran Wearmouth when injured (with the agreement of the player). Personally I think its wrong & contracts should be honoured, even if it is to the detriment of the squad / finances.

I completely agree - contracts should be honoured. It sounds like Heaton wasn't given a contract because he's injured for two months though, which is a lucky escape on our part.

Hopefully when he gets fit again we'll bring him in if its appropriate (ie we can move someone out).

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 465
Team Supported: Darlington
Emdubya wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Getting back to the main topic of this thread - i.e. the Pitch

Has anyone conducted the Pitch Test on our newly installed Football Turf Pitch as per the NL requirements in Rule 23.4 (d)?

It says that a FIFA accredited field test institute shall provide to The Competition a Copy of their official report to FIFA immediately upon completion of the Pitch Test.

If we haven't, I can see this being used to beat us around the head / fine / expel us before we have kicked a ball at Blackwell Meadows :(

Doomed,doomed.We're all doomed. :(


But at least not as bad as Pools who will probably have a curse put on their pitch when they move the travellers on ;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 792
Team Supported: Darlington
roadrunner wrote:
Apparently the pitch won't be ready for the first two home games Gainsborough won't agree to switch the Wednesday night game but Alfreton have agreed to reverse the Saturday game.
So 4 away games to start the season , on the positive side the last time this happened back in the 80s we got promoted with 4 draws but it's 3 points for a win now.

roadrunner Hope your predictions about players in and out (to free up Budget) are more accurate than this was! :roll:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:40 pm
Posts: 5
Team Supported: Darlington
bga wrote:
roadrunner wrote:
Apparently the pitch won't be ready for the first two home games Gainsborough won't agree to switch the Wednesday night game but Alfreton have agreed to reverse the Saturday game.
So 4 away games to start the season , on the positive side the last time this happened back in the 80s we got promoted with 4 draws but it's 3 points for a win now.

roadrunner Hope your predictions about players in and out (to free up Budget) are more accurate than this was! :roll:


I wonder ??


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 792
Team Supported: Darlington
Let's hope we ironed out those uneven bumps from last season!
https://worthingfc.com/2017/08/08/club- ... a-testing/
Interesting that FIFA are involved I guess that is because Worthing did use an accredited supplier. You have to have some sympathy for them and their loyal supporters.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:49 pm
Posts: 439
Team Supported: Darlington
bga wrote:
Let's hope we ironed out those uneven bumps from last season!
https://worthingfc.com/2017/08/08/club- ... a-testing/
Interesting that FIFA are involved I guess that is because Worthing did use an accredited supplier. You have to have some sympathy for them and their loyal supporters.

Worthing's local to me - wasn't aware they had a 3G pitch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 2004
Team Supported: Darlington
Robbie Painter wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
darlosince65 wrote:
According to latest tweet from CS signing of Heaton has been delayed

Good news [emoji106]


Cracking news - the lad now misses out on 2 months pay due to an injury. As he wont have a contract at Bamber Bridge or us.

He also might miss out on moving up the pyramid completely if the move is delayed.

It now also means that we have one less centre-half going in to the busiest part of the season.

Fantastic news, as you say though. [emoji106]
Good news that we've not already committed to paying an injured player that we can't afford to commit to.

Obviously I wasn't suggesting his injury is good news, and you knew that, unless you're dense.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Martin Gray has talked in the past at forums about not paying Amar Purewal & Arran Wearmouth when injured (with the agreement of the player). Personally I think its wrong & contracts should be honoured, even if it is to the detriment of the squad / finances.


I agree with you on this in principle although Wearmouth was slightly different IMO seeing as his injury was inflicted whilst playing for his previous club but was misdiagnosed.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], victor meldrew and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group