A Big Lump

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Maurice_Peddelty
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: A Big Lump

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:57 am

Good news on the dfcsg website

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:13 am

Great result. Very impressed with our new CEO and the DFCSG board. A really positive list of improvements to the current stand aswell as a reduction in price in both phase 1 and phase 3. I reckon we can get that first target covered off today.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:14 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:Good news on the dfcsg website
Here's the link...

http://dfcsg.co.uk/?x=entry:entry170606-071717

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:50 am

An improvement to the existing seats and a reduction in the overall cost? Excellent work :clap:

Just over £90k to go - which is better than nearly £115k as it was this time yesterday! Hopefully this news will encourage a few more to put their money in and we can get the first phase sorted in the next couple of days.

More seats with a better view, alongside an improved pitch, should hopefully improve the match day experience at BM this season.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:25 pm

superb effort. not for the first time I'm mightily impressed by the achievements of our volunteers

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:10 pm

It's great stuff. Especially news about raising existing seats and adding another row. Very sensible, there seems to be more than enough room to do it.

It'd be absolutely fantastic if we could get this done before the season. The extra seats are very much needed. Here is hoping we manage to get a sponsor for the stand to help pay. It'd of course be a big ask for the fans. :thumbup:

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:14 pm

Great work by all involved and generally all positive from the club at the moment.

Interesting to see rumours about a new signing/an existing player signing a new deal.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:40 pm

Wow. Only 400 to go!

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:44 pm

H1987 wrote:Wow. Only 400 to go!
Only £100 now. Who'll do the honours?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
Me!
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:
Me!
Hero! :clap:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:35 am

H1987 wrote:It's great stuff. Especially news about raising existing seats and adding another row. Very sensible, there seems to be more than enough room to do it.
It doesn't say anything about adding another row. (I presume you mean another row of seats).

It says that the seats will be raised and that a step will be added. I think they probably mean a step put in place to access the seating area.

We could maybe do with this clarifying.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:12 am

Quakerz wrote:
H1987 wrote:It's great stuff. Especially news about raising existing seats and adding another row. Very sensible, there seems to be more than enough room to do it.
It doesn't say anything about adding another row. (I presume you mean another row of seats).

It says that the seats will be raised and that a step will be added. I think they probably mean a step put in place to access the seating area.

We could maybe do with this clarifying.

Correct, no extra row of seating

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:42 am

I think it will certainly look better raised.

It won't change the fact that 6 row seating is no good in the long term though, given the fact that ultimately we'll need 5,000 capacity including 2,000 seats if we ever get back in the league.

I can't see where the room is for both unless we have seating decks with more rows in the seated areas.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:55 am

Quakerz wrote:I think it will certainly look better raised.

It won't change the fact that 6 row seating is no good in the long term though, given the fact that ultimately we'll need 5,000 capacity including 2,000 seats if we ever get back in the league.

I can't see where the room is for both unless we have seating decks with more rows in the seated areas.
It would take some pretty heavy investment for us to build a ground to get back to the league but probably less than it will actually cost to fund the team and build the off field team to allow such progression. Realistically to get back to the league it will take some pretty hefty external investment, if we do find that level of investment then I'd guess the sums needed to get the ground up to scratch aren't all of a sudden that prohibitive

I'd expect in the next 6 months the fans will need to decide whether they want a club that can sustain itself (I know we haven't really been sustainable so far but much of that has been driven by the need to get up to a competitive level and having to build a ground - that won't be the case forever ) and grow slowly with the resources it has which will see it as a perennial part time outfit playing between this league and the league above with the occasional cup run to interest the townsfolk or gamble on allowing someone to come in who can provide finance to take us full time but risk it all going wrong again - of course it's not as black and white as that and there could be some middle ground but even if supporters still owned a majority share the real fear is that the money stops and regardless of who owns the club the removal of funding leaves the club on the brink of disaster. Either way it's going to split our fan base and it's clear our manager is going all out for the latter

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Quakerz wrote:I think it will certainly look better raised.

Ah, you may be right. I had read "raising of the existing seating deck to allow improved sight lines and the installation of a new step" and assumed the installation of a new step was to be an additional row of seating. Which would have been nice, and I think a great move if possible. The roof is very high, surely it would be possible, but of course it'd depend on the expense of it.