DFC on wikipedia

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

biccynana
Team Supported: Darlington

DFC on wikipedia

Post by biccynana » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Happy to see someone has put the DFC wikipedia entry right - no more “DFC was an English football club" etc, and no longer a separate entry for D1883.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darlington_F.C.

al_quaker

Re: DFC on wikipedia

Post by al_quaker » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:53 pm

biccynana wrote:Happy to see someone has put the DFC wikipedia entry right - no more “DFC was an English football club" etc, and no longer a separate entry for D1883.

:clap:

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:20 pm

al_quaker wrote:
biccynana wrote:Happy to see someone has put the DFC wikipedia entry right - no more “DFC was an English football club" etc, and no longer a separate entry for D1883.

:clap:
I mentioned it on the original DFC Chat Page on Wiki a week or two ago suggesting the pages be merged...Good to see it has now been done

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:47 am

Great, but I'd rather it had the SG's trading name shown against "Major Shareholder".

"Darlington FC Supporters Group" is the trading name of Darlington 1883 Supporters’ Society Limited.

Wonder if we could change the name of our own society and get rid of the digits there, too?

DarloPeGi

Post by DarloPeGi » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:39 am

I'm sure anyone can just create an account on wiki and change various pages. Well played to those who are doing it on our behalf.

I've also noticed the National League website still has us down as Darlington 1883 too.

I've sent an e mail to them requesting for our correct name to be reflected across their website.

There will be other websites that may need correcting as we move forward...

It's 'minor' stuff really but satisfying nonetheless to see us back as 'just' Darlington

JE93

Post by JE93 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:05 pm

DarloPeGi wrote:I'm sure anyone can just create an account on wiki and change various pages. Well played to those who are doing it on our behalf.

I've also noticed the National League website still has us down as Darlington 1883 too.

I've sent an e mail to them requesting for our correct name to be reflected across their website.

It's 'minor' stuff really but satisfying nonetheless to see us back as 'just' Darlington
Don't think the name change becomes effective till after the National League AGM on the 10th June.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:14 pm

JE93 wrote:
DarloPeGi wrote:I'm sure anyone can just create an account on wiki and change various pages. Well played to those who are doing it on our behalf.

Don't think the name change becomes effective till after the National League AGM on the 10th June.
Correct

DarloPeGi

Post by DarloPeGi » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:20 pm

JE93 wrote:

Only a few more days to wait then !

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:22 am

I've also managed to update the players section.