Releases

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Releases

Post by Spyman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:55 am

Judging by the article on the official site it appears that Ed and McLaren have been released leaving Bartlett, Jameson and Bell as goalkeeping options.

Sensible decision I think.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

D_F_C

Re: Releases

Post by D_F_C » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:59 am

Yes I noticed Ed's name wasn't on the retained list. I would then prefer Jameson to go out on loan with a 24 hour recall and have Bell as back-up

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:02 pm

McLaren & Lovegreen both signed two-year deals last summer. They may be still contracted, just not registered to play as it may be intended for both players to be loaned out.

It does look like Wilczynski has been released however. Excellent news to have official confirmation that both Bartlett and Ferguson are under-contract.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:10 pm

That looks like a pretty solid squad to me, just feel we need another quality forward and we are almost there.Wonder what happened to the rumoured forward signing that was going around a week ago.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:18 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:That looks like a pretty solid squad to me, just feel we need another quality forward and we are almost there.Wonder what happened to the rumoured forward signing that was going around a week ago.

There's a possibility (and I'm only speculating) that this could have been Foley that went to Spenny. If that is true, then I'd be glad, as I don't want to be paying out over £10k

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:33 pm

I'll take what we have now and see if we still look light after September.

It will be good to see Saunders given a chance before we rush to bring someone else in. Remember that we already have Beck and Hartman so any new signing would need to be an improvement on those two.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:42 pm

Spyman wrote: Remember that we already have Beck and Hartman
Hartman ??
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:48 pm

D_F_C wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:That looks like a pretty solid squad to me, just feel we need another quality forward and we are almost there.Wonder what happened to the rumoured forward signing that was going around a week ago.

There's a possibility (and I'm only speculating) that this could have been Foley that went to Spenny. If that is true, then I'd be glad, as I don't want to be paying out over £10k
Still maybe possible that there are other experienced local forwards who are without clubs. Billy Paynter would still be one I was interested in, only 32 and 6'2, so could be an able switch for Beck should we need presence up front.

Other than that I agree with others we have a good squad, if not a little thin. But definitely has the quality to make top 7.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:21 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Spyman wrote: Remember that we already have Beck and Hartman
Hartman ??
Autocorrect.

DC

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Bring back Graeme Armstrong.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:41 pm

I heard on the grapevine than Jon Paul Pitman was signing. May be wrong though!

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Great news about both Bartlett and Ferguson being contracted for next season. Retaining all of the squad barring Falkingham/Wilczynski is very impressive.

Whilst 1/2 more additions would be ideal I don't particularly think it's imperative at this stage.

It's interesting to see rumours of Jon Paul Pitman signing although I'm not sure if he was the striker that was mentioned in the Echo previously?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:25 pm

Bartlett and Ferguson being under contract means we've got pretty much our strongest team from the end of last season available again this season (Falkingham being the only one missing). If our mid season signings last season had been with us all season, we probably would have finished higher up the league, so to start the season with them means we will be in a better position already.

Add in Collins, Wearmouth and Portas, and I think our squad is looking very good, which considering where we were after the fans forum is pretty good going.

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:47 pm

It looks like Jon Paul Pitman has signed for Torquay.

Radar

Post by Radar » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Ed signed an 18 month contract with us so have we paid him up?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:44 pm

Maybe he's also not been registered and is going out on loan?

DC

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Radar wrote:Ed signed an 18 month contract with us so have we paid him up?
Was this publicly announced, Radar?

Wilczynski did tweet towards the end of the season about a new challenge. With Bartlett evidently being first-choice it wouldn't surprise me if a mutual agreement was made towards the end of the season assuming he was contracted.

Either way it seems like a good set-up to have Bartlett as first-choice with Jameson as back-up and Bell as the GK coach.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:57 pm

loan_star wrote:I heard on the grapevine than Jon Paul Pitman was signing. May be wrong though!
Yep, you were: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40267504
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:29 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Wilczynski's contract was cancelled through a mutual termination.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:16 am

Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:I heard on the grapevine than Jon Paul Pitman was signing. May be wrong though!
Yep, you were: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40267504
Possibly why the signing they were hoping to announce the other week didnt happen!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Shame for Wilczynski. Hard to argue though, Bartlett is a level above, although i'm surprised Jameson was retained instead.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:08 pm

According to the non league paper, Ferguson has 1 year on his contract with the club holding an option of another year. Which is good, as I'd say he's one of the players most likely to interest those higher up the pyramid, and so could make us some money (although obviously I hope we progress enough on the pitch to keep hold of him!)

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:14 pm

I'd have Wilczynski over Jameson, as he did keep him out of the team.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:49 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:I'd have Wilczynski over Jameson, as he did keep him out of the team.
Odds are Martin didn't have a say in the matter, ed wanted first team football and Jameson was willing to stay to battle for his place.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:53 am

been confirmed in the echo that Ed asked to leave as he wanted to play first team. Martin agreed

olrad

Post by olrad » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Shane Henry from spenny perhaps ???

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:10 pm

olrad wrote:Shane Henry from spenny perhaps ???
We already have better players, it would be a pointless signing.

We have 4 experienced centre midfielders on the books already, plus youngster Hume, plus a couple other players such as Galbraith/Ferguson who could play centre midfield if need be - the last thing we need is another midfielder.

All we need is a senior striker to compete with Beck and Cartman, so we're not too reliant on Saunders and Milburn if there are any injuries or suspensions.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:17 pm

Quakerz wrote:
olrad wrote:Shane Henry from spenny perhaps ???
We already have better players, it would be a pointless signing.

We have 4 experienced centre midfielders on the books already, plus youngster Hume, plus a couple other players such as Galbraith/Ferguson who could play centre midfield if need be - the last thing we need is another midfielder.

All we need is a senior striker to compete with Beck and Cartman, so we're not too reliant on Saunders and Milburn if there are any injuries or suspensions.
Agree with that.

Quakerz, good signature at the end of your post. :clap: :clap:

That Raj Singh quote is a little sinister - a little bitter, and is worth another read.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Regarding the quote, I'm glad I copied and pasted it when I did, because when I went to re-read the RS article again a few days later, it seemed to have disappeared (unless I was reading the wrong article the second time around)

It wasn't so much the bitter tone which bothered me - it was the "everybody knows which way that club is going now" bit that annoyed me. First of all, who is "everybody"? Secondly, do you mean it's going to go the way which it did when you were last in charge, Raj?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017