Something we don't know?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DFCAnth
Team Supported: Darlington

Something we don't know?

Post by DFCAnth » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 pm

The bloke at the ticket office reckoned we will be promoted next year, I told him this was a bold shout but he said once we get rid of the administrators on friday we will see? I told him again that this was unlikely and he said wait and see again... I asked him if he knew something we didn't, he just smiled.

P.S. Just over 1000 season tickets sold.

Darlo_Chris

Re: Something we don't know?

Post by Darlo_Chris » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:42 pm

I hope he is right but i really really can't see it happening. Maybes there is some new signings being lined up.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:52 pm

If Singh plans to make the club financially viable (ie. not allowing a budget that will lose the club millions), then this is impossible.

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:03 pm

I was in late afternoon and Peter seemed very positive after their meeting on Tuesday. Was expecting a few signings once we're out of admin and season tickets sales were positive.

We'll just have to wait and see....

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:05 pm

I think it's just positive PR more than anything, well done to him for taking the initiative!
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

divas

Post by divas » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:11 pm

1000 season tickets is a fantastic achievement considering the turmoil we've been thru, shows the club does have some very loyal hardcore fans

ive not bought yet, but will be in the next week or so, even tho i cant get to all home games next year

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:22 pm

Seems to be the case for a few people, they don't want to buy until we're out of administration.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:54 pm

Ill be renewing mine soon, so fingers crossed we get some more people doing season ticket buys

DL5

Post by DL5 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:14 pm

Apparently the toilet cleaner was also asked her opinion about next season, she just farted and walked away, we're doomed :lol:

Pete the ticket man ffs :roll: :lol:

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:56 pm

I'd actually be quite worried if we started spending money, its not a model that has worked for us in the past and doesn't guarantee success. I've was quietly looking forward to the season ahead as being a proper club again spending within our means.

Then again, if we'd got a few more signings in the bag like Bridges maybe or a few quality loan signings it might make more sense to keep them back for when the Bollockbury & Clown have bumbled their way out of the club.

KCChiefs
Team Supported: Darlington/Forest

Post by KCChiefs » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:58 pm

Fat Tony - your renaming of the administrators is hillarious !!

Bovver Boots

Post by Bovver Boots » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:21 pm

Relegation battle no matter what happens lads, just face it.

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:27 pm

1000 season tickets sold is an excellent effort from the core Darlo fans. I know quite a few people who have been waiting until we come out of admin to renew their season tickets and fair play to them. I would have thought a final figure of about 1500 tickets sold in the end, which means even with our fairly low fan base, it's still better then quite a few in this division.

quakerfan

Post by quakerfan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:46 pm

Promotion next season does seem optimistic but there's nothing wrong with ambition.
Also it would make complete sense to find that Todd has two or three really good loan signings to reveal as soon as that is possible.
So never say never !

Bovver Boots

Post by Bovver Boots » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:52 pm

quakerfan wrote:Promotion next season does seem optimistic but there's nothing wrong with ambition.
Also it would make complete sense to find that Todd has two or three really good loan signings to reveal as soon as that is possible.
So never say never !
Never.

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:56 pm

Hopefully the loan signings he's got up his sleeve will make an impact. I'm really hoping Waghorn comes, he looked pacey with an excellent touch when he played against us. Although I would love to see Franks come as well, I think he maybe slightly out of our league as he's featured quite a lot in Boro's pre season games.

I suppose we need to be realistic, we all know even Penny couldn't always pick a decent loan player. For every Billy Clarke or David Wheater their was a Johann Smith or Green (forget his first name), lurking in the background.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:09 pm

Hawkeye wrote:If Singh plans to make the club financially viable (ie. not allowing a budget that will lose the club millions), then this is impossible.
Are you saying that being financially viable and getting promoted is impossible? Are you sure you didn't mean "not impossible but very difficult"?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:12 pm

Michael Bridges is making his decision on whether to join Lincoln on Friday. Would that be the day we come out of administration?

Why Friday? Why not Thursday or Saturday? Does he have one eye on the situation at another club?

Not like me to start a rumour off...

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:20 pm

I have been thinking the same thing but keeping it to myself . . .

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:31 pm

And I was right about Arnison and Bower wasn't I...

Darlo_Chris

Post by Darlo_Chris » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:48 pm

Quakerz wrote:And I was right about Arnison and Bower wasn't I...
And a certain Pawel Abbott ;)

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:50 pm

Does this mean Clayton Donaldson is coming too??

Or did someone else start that one.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:02 pm

Quakerz wrote:Michael Bridges is making his decision on whether to join Lincoln on Friday. Would that be the day we come out of administration?

Why Friday? Why not Thursday or Saturday? Does he have one eye on the situation at another club?

Not like me to start a rumour off...
I was just about to say the same. Isn't it strange that after being linked with Bridges a few weeks ago he hasn't exactly been linked with every fucker like he normally is.

Singh said right back when he first made his interest in the ownership known, that there would be money available to subsidise the playing side. He never said how much, but he definitely said it.

This does worry me though, and is all the more reason why he needs to be asked on Monday exactly where he sees the FOOTBALL TEAM in 5 years time.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quaker_London

Post by Quaker_London » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:25 pm

It seems amazingly optimisitic to suggest promotion, the squad only met each other for the first time a few weeks ago.

We've had no stability all summer, even if we signed Bridges and several others it will take weeks, maybe months before we could judge the team as they'll still be gelling.

I'm not saying its impossible to scrabble a winning squad together, just look at Hereford, but lets just be grateful we have a team to watch.