Update from the CEO

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Update from the CEO

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:49 am

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/fro ... e-officer/

I like the cut of this man's jib... all very positive and encouraging with some off field direction to be outlined in a few weeks...

don'tbuythesun
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Update from the CEO

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:53 am

Impressive, he seems very down to earth. Was yesterday the first time no-one posted a message ever?!! Soooo quiet.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:24 am

Very positive update from our CEO. Like the way he's gone about his business in the short time he's been with the club and the introduction of regular short updates for fans is another welcome addition. Only one small complaint... he doesn't seem to have Twitter. Other than that it's great having him on-board and I'm sure he will play a big part in our future successes.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:21 am

JE93 wrote:Very positive update from our CEO. Like the way he's gone about his business in the short time he's been with the club and the introduction of regular short updates for fans is another welcome addition. Only one small complaint... he doesn't seem to have Twitter. Other than that it's great having him on-board and I'm sure he will play a big part in our future successes.
Probably doesn't have a twitter account because he can do without the shite they can attract.
He does seem to be a real go getter though and I think he is going to do the club a lot of good.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:27 am

really enjoyed reading that statement. Thought it was simple, yet professional. Also gave a bit of background on the players, along with welcoming to Dom Collins

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:29 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Impressive, he seems very down to earth. Was yesterday the first time no-one posted a message ever?!! Soooo quiet.
It's a good job I'm not doing the ROH, as there would have been nothing to count. :lol:

Yes a very impressive statement from the new CEO. Looking forward to his update in a couple of weeks time.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:36 am

Just one thing. If the 2nd phase of building is about to begin soon, despite only 5k of the 50 being raised, does this mean that all the money raised so far in the pitches is to be used as a deposit, or we have taken a loan for the 12k or whatever it is, and the community shares money will pay it back?

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:57 am

I think the 2 nd phase of building means the start of the second stand,for which we have already raised 40k to put in the foundations etc,not the second phase of building the second stand which does only have 5k in the kitty.
Confusing innit!!

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:59 am

Correct. 1st phase of seating (ground works) will commence.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:07 pm

Emdubya wrote:
JE93 wrote:Very positive update from our CEO. Like the way he's gone about his business in the short time he's been with the club and the introduction of regular short updates for fans is another welcome addition. Only one small complaint... he doesn't seem to have Twitter. Other than that it's great having him on-board and I'm sure he will play a big part in our future successes.
Probably doesn't have a twitter account because he can do without the shite they can attract.
He does seem to be a real go getter though and I think he is going to do the club a lot of good.
Totally agree about not having Twitter. If he keeps putting great posts like this on the authentic Darlo site, then it won't be confused with 'fake news'. Seems like one of the best signings of the close season! :clap:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:13 pm

Very sensible for him top be off twitter. Anything he has to share can be shared via the official club twitter but he doesn't have to get all the garbage from idiots either on a wind-up or with unrealistic expectations on his personal account.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:12 pm

All positive news and great to be kept updated.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:26 pm

All good stuff. A bit sad to see that the stand fund has stalled a bit, but to be expected I guess over the summer when we're at the back of peoples minds. I hope they're exploring some sponsorship options. I'm sure it's quick to erect the stand, so it'd be fantastic if that is done for the start of the year. (I can dream)

UTQ :mrgreen:

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:51 am

Don't things feel better now than they did during that turmoil a couple of months ago?
Like a partner's affair, it can't be forgotten but it does feel like we've moved on and I'm full of optimism for the new season. I'm sure I speak for all fans in thanking those at the helm for bringing us successfully in to calmer waters. Roll on Autumn.

bga

Post by bga » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:02 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:Don't things feel better now than they did during that turmoil a couple of months ago?
Like a partner's affair, it can't be forgotten but it does feel like we've moved on and I'm full of optimism for the new season. I'm sure I speak for all fans in thanking those at the helm for bringing us successfully in to calmer waters. Roll on Autumn.
Feethams are you trying to tell us something about your partner live on this Messageboard? :wtf:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:22 pm

His metaphor refers to Martin's secret danger laced trysts with Raj ??

That's how I read it.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:13 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:His metaphor refers to Martin's secret danger laced trysts with Raj ??

That's how I read it.
Correct!