DFCSG Membership Renewals 2017/18

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

DFCSG Membership Renewals 2017/18

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:43 am

As we have over a thousand members in the DFCSG and only one Membership Secretary to process all those applications and produce all the new cards we're trying to make things a bit easier by spreading the process out a bit.

Although subscriptions aren't due until the 1st Sept if any members would like to help by renewing early then the online form to use is here:

http://dfcsg.co.uk/renew

Anyone renewing before the end of July should be able to pick up their new cards from the Fans Table at one of the August home games.

Members can also renew their memberships at the fans table at those games.

Membership renewal fees remain unchanged from last year:

£20 for full members & £5 for Juniors (U16 on 1st Sept 2017)

The above fees include membership of the Travel Club for travel on the DFCSG coaches to away games.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: DFCSG Membership Renewals 2017/18

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:07 am

I only renewed my membership a couple of months ago and paid the £25 annual sub.

You're not saying that I need to pay again in September are you? Just the way you worded your post makes it seem like all memberships are up for renewal in September.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:44 am

Quakerz; I think it is all membership is now due for renewal. It doesn't matter when you joined. It's only valid for that season, not for your personal rolling calendar year. It clearly states that on the paperwork, and on the membership card too. We don't have the resource to monitor who is due to expire, and any extra cash into the club is welcomed.

Also, why did you pay £25 last season? It was only £20.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:47 am

If you pay monthly by standing order do you need to do anyhting or does it automatically roll over for the new season?

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:11 pm

The membership year runs from the 1st Sept every year. For anyone who joined after (I think) the 1st May then the £25 fee included membership up until the end of August 2018, so those memberships are not due for renewal. Prior to that there was a special discounted membership fee of £13 on offer which ran until the end of the current membership year.

So, if you paid £25 then I would guess that this would be for the extended membership offer taking you until the end of August of NEXT year.

Any queries should be put to the membership secretary via the contact form on the website:

http://dfcsg.co.uk/contact.php?c=Membership

In answer to the question about standing orders then you should be able to check with your bank whether the standing order runs out. If you mean the GoCardless Direct Debit then, no, this will not extend itself automatically so you will need to renew it again.

Again, in case of any queries please contact the membership secretary via the link above.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:46 pm

dickdarlington wrote:Quakerz; I think it is all membership is now due for renewal. It doesn't matter when you joined. It's only valid for that season, not for your personal rolling calendar year. It clearly states that on the paperwork, and on the membership card too. We don't have the resource to monitor who is due to expire, and any extra cash into the club is welcomed.

As I mentioned above anyone who joined the DFCSG by paying the £25 membership fee after the end of the season (when it went up to £25 from £13) is covered up until the end of August of NEXT year and so they do not need to renew their membership this time around... just anyone who was a member at any time before that.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:
dickdarlington wrote:Quakerz; I think it is all membership is now due for renewal. It doesn't matter when you joined. It's only valid for that season, not for your personal rolling calendar year. It clearly states that on the paperwork, and on the membership card too. We don't have the resource to monitor who is due to expire, and any extra cash into the club is welcomed.

As I mentioned above anyone who joined the DFCSG by paying the £25 membership fee after the end of the season (when it went up to £25 from £13) is covered up until the end of August of NEXT year and so they do not need to renew their membership this time around... just anyone who was a member at any time before that.
Yeah it was in mid may, sorted then.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017