Facebook

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DarloDave40
Team Supported: Darlington

Facebook

Post by DarloDave40 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:47 pm

Just seen this in darlo Facebook
"No Darlo fans like the arena and bribing fans with cheap trains to get bums on seats is a good commercial idea but I still won't step foot into that stadium. Newton Aycliffe tomorrow night will do me!!"

The Directors must surely despair when they see comments like this they have arranged 30% off on 3 journeys yet people still moan, clubs at our level look in jealousy at our major sponsor.

Darlo_Pete

Re: Facebook

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:52 pm

I liked the Arena and I'm a Darlo fan.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Facebook

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:56 pm

Im coming up from Manchester as never been to the Arena for a match.Did Feethams a few times but when my kids were born I couldnt get to home games so did mainly local aways to Manc.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:52 pm

DarloDave40 wrote:The Directors must surely despair when they see comments like this they have arranged 30% off on 3 journeys yet people still moan, clubs at our level look in jealousy at our major sponsor.

No, no they don't.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:53 pm

quaker4life wrote:
DarloDave40 wrote:The Directors must surely despair when they see comments like this they have arranged 30% off on 3 journeys yet people still moan, clubs at our level look in jealousy at our major sponsor.

No, no they don't.
Prove it?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:52 am

DarloDave40 wrote:Just seen this in darlo Facebook
"No Darlo fans like the arena and bribing fans with cheap trains to get bums on seats is a good commercial idea but I still won't step foot into that stadium. Newton Aycliffe tomorrow night will do me!!"

The Directors must surely despair when they see comments like this they have arranged 30% off on 3 journeys yet people still moan, clubs at our level look in jealousy at our major sponsor.
It's a shame that some people are so thick that they'll put their dislike of a building ahead of their support for the team/club/volunteers.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Gazzadfc

Post by Gazzadfc » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:34 am

For all we know Virgin might be sponsoring the game hence the offer....i think they did the same last year for said game also.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:04 am

Gazzadfc wrote:

For all we know Virgin might be sponsoring the game hence the offer....i think they did the same last year for said game also.
Yes, they are...

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 17&t=33773
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Gazzadfc

Post by Gazzadfc » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:28 am

Doh
Must try and read posts a bit more

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:33 am

AndyPark wrote:
quaker4life wrote:

No, no they don't.
Prove it?
Surely that goes both ways?

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:05 am

Personally, I can't stand Virgin and Branson, who are tax avoiding carpet baggers. my dislike for Virgin is compounded by Virgin Care suing the NHS for £82 million after losing their contract to provide children's services in Surrey.
I also hated watching football at the Arena.

However, this doesn't affect my decision as to whether to support my football team. we've been through the mill as Darlo supporters, and, if we want our team to continue to exist, we shouldn't be looking for reasons not to support them.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:25 am

Lawman3 wrote:Personally, I can't stand Virgin and Branson, who are tax avoiding carpet baggers. my dislike for Virgin is compounded by Virgin Care suing the NHS for £82 million after losing their contract to provide children's services in Surrey.

However, this doesn't affect my decision as to whether to support my football team. we've been through the mill as Darlo supporters, and, if we want our team to continue to exist, we shouldn't be looking for reasons not to support them.
Virgin East coast are owened 90% by Stagecoach just 10% by Virgin if that makes you feel better.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:38 am

Lawman3 wrote:Personally, I can't stand Virgin and Branson, who are tax avoiding carpet baggers. my dislike for Virgin is compounded by Virgin Care suing the NHS for £82 million after losing their contract to provide children's services in Surrey.

Out of curiosity, what was your stance on Singh getting involved with Darlo again? Just if your hate of Virgin doesnt affect your support would that have been the same if he had come back?

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:46 pm

amusingly, Virgin have the commissioned contract to run sexual health services... so if you go to the local clinic and get yourself a DIY Chlamydia test, the box will have "Virgin" written across the front.