league position

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

ham
Team Supported: Darlington

league position

Post by ham » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:15 pm

have to say just delighted we still have a club but i think we could be in for hard season and battle just to stay up anyone elses thoughts

Darlo_Pete

Re: league position

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:26 pm

I just hope that fans show some patience this season & if we lose a couple on the bounce at home, don't get on Toddy's back. Let's get behind the team from the start of the season, you never know they might just surprise us.

doc_64

Post by doc_64 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I just hope that fans show some patience this season & if we lose a couple on the bounce at home, don't get on Toddy's back. Let's get behind the team from the start of the season, you never know they might just surprise us.
would be nice just like in 84/85 season when know one gave us a chance, i'll just be happy to stay in the league and take it from there

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:55 pm

I'll be happy with any place from 22nd upwards

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:17 pm

I made a daft guess of 10th/11th.

But I'm not going to write the lads off before a ball has been kicked, I'm just going wait and see how they get on over the first 10 games or so.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:41 pm

I think we all need to take into account that the team, other than Fozzie and Miller (I'm not including the young uns) are new and haven't played together. Coupled with the fact our pre season isn't what Toddy would have chosen (one of the big three maybe but he would have rather had more similar and weaker opposition) means the squad won't have completely gelled yet.

I'm hoping not, but I would guess we will struggle for the first 6 or so matches and any points gained would be a bonus. After this the team should gather shape and start picking up points. Based on last season and the fact a lot of clubs will be in no better shape financially than us, I think just below mid table will be where we'll finish. Mind you for the last whatever number of years we've been in this good forsaken division, at the start of each season I've thought we would get promoted. We never have, so going by my ridiculous logic that means we should storm the league this year. :D

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:03 am

Liking your logic.

I am a little disappointed to see that on pre-season alphabetical order (in tears gone by often our highest position of the season), the BBC league table has us in 12th place. Fooking 12th? Beginning with 'Da'?

I remember the days when that would guarantee you a pre-season play-off spot. The league must be full of alphabetically advanced sides such as Aardvark Wanderers these days.

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:29 pm

If only we had become AFC Darlo eh?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:50 pm

The big worry if it takes the team time to gel, and we assume we will start badly, is that not winning for 5 or 6 games knocks confidence and no matter how well the team has gelled by this point, the win just never seems to come. Look at Grimsby last season. Didn't win for bloody ages.

We need to get a couple of early results under our belts just so the squad believe they're capable of having a half-decent season. We've got enough quality in the side not to have to expect the worst - they just need to believe in their quality.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

jimmyht

Post by jimmyht » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:56 pm

Lack of injuries is the key........that and the success of any loan signings Toddy can bring in...............after all the s**t weve had to put up with, we DESERVE a bit of good fortune this year............. and if it ends up like last season when no-one seemed to want to get into the play-offs, you never know!...................we might sneak in :thumbup: COME ON DARLO!!

ambiente

Post by ambiente » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:12 pm

I think we just need to be realistic. It will take time for the team to gel, injuries will affect us at some stage, loanees will be a key factor and we have yet to see what that will bring. Top mid half of the table, around 13th or 14th will do just fine this year. A good cup run would be a real bonus.

Loid of the Manor

Post by Loid of the Manor » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:44 pm

Another season of the old darlo and mid-table obscurity, but a welcome one just thankful we are not starting bottom of the ladder.

Possibly once the team gels we might be able to compete in the right end of the table and build from there.
Remember. There is no I in team, but there is a U in c***. So don't be little jealous c****, ok?

darloneil

Post by darloneil » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:32 am

it could be the drink :D but i think we will do good this season i can see the play offs and maybe top three :clap: mark my words

have some bloody faith guys

RH79

Post by RH79 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:05 am

Lets just say that staying in the league will be a successful season. Anything above that will be a bonus and a top half finish would be wonderful

Duffelcoatman

Post by Duffelcoatman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:11 am

Yea think we will be bottom end of mid table. Still plenty of transfer business to be completed across all the clubs so tricky to really assess other teams in totality. Will be interesting to see what loan signings CT can bring in throughout.
Anything above 22nd will do for me this season.
@hobartpaving76 on twitter

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:41 am

You taking Darlo top to Hamburg then Dufflecoat?! :x Ach mein schnotzbremse!

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:24 am

bedaledarlo wrote:You taking Darlo top to Hamburg then Dufflecoat?! :x Ach mein schnotzbremse!
The darlo shirts will be out in force my good friend
Mullet69uk on Twitter

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:36 pm

I know we're lucky to have a football league club this season, but assuming todd brings some good loan signings in i dont see why we can't finish in the top half of the table. Smith and Lumsdon look canny players and we all know Foster and Miller will be a great defensive partnership. Also Windass will surely score a good few goals aswell, despite being 63 years old.