Salford

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Emdubya
Team Supported: Darlington

Salford

Post by Emdubya » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:01 pm

As expected this game is all ticket.Apparently they are sending up 1000 tickets :o .That means that all our dipshit cling ons will have no bother at all in getting their paws on one.

BUSHEAD

Re: Salford

Post by BUSHEAD » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:37 pm

Yeah they should only send up 200 then to ensure only die hard Darlo fans get tickets .
Think before posting

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:44 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:Yeah they should only send up 200 then to ensure only die hard Darlo fans get tickets .
Better that than having the embarrassment we witnessed at Fylde.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:47 pm

No doubt plenty of police and no drink in the stand, can't see any issues really.

Sooner this one is over and done with the better.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:57 pm

Emdubya wrote:
BUSHEAD wrote:Yeah they should only send up 200 then to ensure only die hard Darlo fans get tickets .
Better that than having the embarrassment we witnessed at Fylde.
Yeah let's make every home & away game all ticket just to be in the safe side.
Think before posting

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:20 am

They had it sorted at Salford last season and unlike Fylde where some of us tried to calm things it was well controlled so hopefully it will be fine.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:06 pm

As long as it's properly segregated and booze regulated i'm sure it'll be fine. Could be a real bumper turnout. I'm away that weekend, but i'd have been tempted to make the journey up to Manchester for it.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:09 pm

When will there be a general sale if at all?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:43 pm

H1987 wrote:As long as it's properly segregated and booze regulated i'm sure it'll be fine. Could be a real bumper turnout. I'm away that weekend, but i'd have been tempted to make the journey up to Manchester for it.
There no beer last season so I'm expecting it again this... God what will people do without a beer or 3 for a couple of hoursImageImage

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:20 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
H1987 wrote:As long as it's properly segregated and booze regulated i'm sure it'll be fine. Could be a real bumper turnout. I'm away that weekend, but i'd have been tempted to make the journey up to Manchester for it.
There no beer last season so I'm expecting it again this... God what will people do without a beer or 3 for a couple of hoursImageImage
I don't normally agree with you but on this I think you're bang on.

Never understood people's need to get tanked up at a game. Remember all the carry on about people getting access to the bar when we first moved to Blackwell.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:38 am

Probably because many years of watching Darlo has led us to drink Darlogramps ha.
Think before posting

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:43 am

And even if we have a drink most of us don't throw beer or torrents if abuse at the opposition! Bushead do you think Spen has listened to you at last?!

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:45 am

And even if we have a drink most of us don't throw beer or torrents of abuse at the opposition! Bushead do you think Spen has listened to you at last?!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:30 am

Darlogramps wrote:Never understood people's need to get tanked up at a game.
Agree with this. It felt like to some people the 'bar' was the critical feature of the ground - as it transpired there was something a lot more critical...

That said it is probably easy for me to think like that given I don't drink during football season ;)

Anyway we are never going to sell 1000 ticket to Salford it is clearly only all ticket in order to restrict attendees as opposed to any risk of the ground being full.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:41 am

OMG gramps you agree.lol... Seriously though yeah I've always wondered about this WHY do you go to any event ie concerts, football matches,Horse racing etc And get off your face pay good money and NOT see a thing because they are to drunk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:31 am

Darlogramps wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
I don't normally agree with you but on this I think you're bang on.

Never understood people's need to get tanked up at a game. Remember all the carry on about people getting access to the bar when we first moved to Blackwell.
I'm fairly certain you had a go at me for suggesting that as soon as the trouble kicked off at Fylde that the bar should have been shut, saying why should everyone else go without because of the idiots. :think:

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:45 am

In fact here it is.....
Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Craig09 wrote:To be fair serving drinks through out the game to our lot whos proberly had 15 pints plus before the match, fylde were just keeping them topped up in my opinion.
Not the point, it's looking for an excuse and is an attempt to mitigate the unjustifiable actions of troublemakers.

We should be focussing on the hooligan element who cause trouble season after season, and what we can do to remove this element from the club.
It is the point and its not trying to justify the actions of the troublemakers.
If there are problems occurring then the club should be advised that all alcohol sales should be stopped. Not fair on those who can drink sensibly but it stops the idiots getting any more.
Always someone else's fault, isn't it loan_star? I presume you'll also say their goalkeeper antagonised the fans.

The problem is not Fylde serving alcohol. It's the fans not taking responsibility. If it's at a point where clubs can't serve alcohol to grown men, that is a damning indictment. Stop looking for excuses.

These troublemakers had turned up looking to cause trouble. They'd have caused problems regardless of whether they had a few extra pints. There were plenty who were already drunk at kick off.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:03 pm

loan_star wrote:In fact here it is.....
Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Craig09 wrote:To be fair serving drinks through out the game to our lot whos proberly had 15 pints plus before the match, fylde were just keeping them topped up in my opinion.
Not the point, it's looking for an excuse and is an attempt to mitigate the unjustifiable actions of troublemakers.

We should be focussing on the hooligan element who cause trouble season after season, and what we can do to remove this element from the club.
It is the point and its not trying to justify the actions of the troublemakers.
If there are problems occurring then the club should be advised that all alcohol sales should be stopped. Not fair on those who can drink sensibly but it stops the idiots getting any more.
Always someone else's fault, isn't it loan_star? I presume you'll also say their goalkeeper antagonised the fans.

The problem is not Fylde serving alcohol. It's the fans not taking responsibility. If it's at a point where clubs can't serve alcohol to grown men, that is a damning indictment. Stop looking for excuses.

These troublemakers had turned up looking to cause trouble. They'd have caused problems regardless of whether they had a few extra pints. There were plenty who were already drunk at kick off.

Ah yes, selectively picking quotes to misrepresent the argument.

If we dig out the full thread, we'll see you spent several pages blaming Fylde for the problems at the game. Indeed, I asked you four or five times to condemn the hooligans and you refused to do so. It came across that you were a sympathiser for the hooligans - perhaps you knew some of them.

I agreed that alcohol should have stopped being served. The reason I had a go at you was because you excessively laid the blame at AFC Fylde, and were absolving the hooligans of any responsibility. On top of that, you refused to condemn the hooligans for their behaviour. Instead, you were making excuses.

So don't misrepresent the argument.

Here's the full thread, so people can see for themselves: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33185&hilit=fylde+hooligans

But clearly the fact I correctly outed you as someone who was making excuses for the hooligans has upset you. To the point you're bringing it up four months later on an unrelated thread.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:14 pm

Perhaps, rather than giving Salford even more cash, our 1000 could donate their spend to the stand fund. £50 x 1000 = £50,000. Almost sorted. I'm sure the lads would understand, after all they won't want the same scenario as last season will they?

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:17 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Perhaps, rather than giving Salford even more cash, our 1000 could donate their spend to the stand fund. £50 x 1000 = £50,000. Almost sorted. I'm sure the lads would understand, after all they won't want the same scenario as last season will they?
Funnily enough chatting to Harry Dunn a little while ago he mentioned this exact thing - not specifically Salford but an away game

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:25 pm

Undercovered wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Perhaps, rather than giving Salford even more cash, our 1000 could donate their spend to the stand fund. £50 x 1000 = £50,000. Almost sorted. I'm sure the lads would understand, after all they won't want the same scenario as last season will they?
Funnily enough chatting to Harry Dunn a little while ago he mentioned this exact thing - not specifically Salford but an away game
I know someone who has bought 3 lots of community shares by doing just this. He reckons he can spend more time with his lovely wife for the games he can't be back by beer o clock but I reckon it's so I don't nag him

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:26 pm

Darlogramps wrote: Ah yes, selectively picking quotes to misrepresent the argument.

If we dig out the full thread, we'll see you spent several pages blaming Fylde for the problems at the game. Indeed, I asked you four or five times to condemn the hooligans and you refused to do so. It came across that you were a sympathiser for the hooligans - perhaps you knew some of them.

I agreed that alcohol should have stopped being served. The reason I had a go at you was because you excessively laid the blame at AFC Fylde, and were absolving the hooligans of any responsibility. On top of that, you refused to condemn the hooligans for their behaviour. Instead, you were making excuses.

Here's the full thread, so people can see for themselves: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33185&hilit=fylde+hooligans

But clearly the fact I correctly outed you as someone who was making excuses for the hooligans has upset you. To the point you're bringing it up four months later on an unrelated thread.
Utter bollocks, it was just in your own head that I was blaming Fylde for the trouble. I will let others judge for themselves.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:10 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote: Ah yes, selectively picking quotes to misrepresent the argument.

Utter bollocks, it was just in your own head that I was blaming Fylde for the trouble. I will let others judge for themselves.
That's kind of you, although in fairness, no one else gives a stuff about a petty squabble between us from four months ago.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:59 pm

Oh, I think it's fascinating and perhaps we could have further discussions about Fylde being a coastal team while we're at it. On the one hand you're asking someone to PM you and when I do it to say my post was genuinely meant to be humour that's laughed at. I was typing Darlington in and as I'd been arguing with you put in darlogramps but you have it your way. Anyway it made for great reading. This is cheering a gloomy day up. No more PMs let's keep it here.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:13 pm

"Bumper turnout" only applies to Salford fans if the BBC cameras are there.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:01 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
That's kind of you, although in fairness, no one else gives a stuff about a petty squabble between us from four months ago.
I just find it ironic that in one thread you say that just because we have a minority of troublemakers then sensible people shouldnt be stopped from having a pint but then on this one you say that you cant understand why people feel the need to have a drink at a game.
Believe it or not I actually agree with your point, if people cant go a couple of hours without a drink then they have issues!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:28 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
I just find it ironic that in one thread you say that just because we have a minority of troublemakers then sensible people shouldnt be stopped from having a pint but then on this one you say that you cant understand why people feel the need to have a drink at a game.
Believe it or not I actually agree with your point, if people cant go a couple of hours without a drink then they have issues!
Forgive me, but I don't believe these two points are linked.

If people want to drink at a game, that's their prerogative. I'm certainly not saying they shouldn't be allowed to drink, just that I've never understood why it's such a big issue for some fans.

And my comments about the Fylde game need to be viewed in the context of that game. It had become farcical and dangerous. I was there (sober I might add) and it's the most uncomfortable I've ever felt at a football match.

I think we both agreed that when trouble was kicking off, booze should have been stopped. Unfortunately that has to affect everyone, including the sensible people. If you decide to only stop selling to drunk people, how do you enforce that? How do you ensure people who aren't drunk won't just buy booze for those who are?

We had similar opinions on this, although I disagreed with the extent to which you appeared to be blaming Fylde. It seemed like you were mitigating for the hooligans.

So my comments on drinking at matches, where 99 times out of 100 there isn't trouble, can't really be linked to if there is trouble, because that's an entirely different scenario.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SFG

Post by SFG » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:27 am

Is there any chance of "exile" supporters picking up a Salford ticket at the Guiseley match?

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:34 am

DFCSG will be helping any exiled members with a ticket for the match as usual - members will be contacted in due course.

As the article state, additional out of work hours slots will be looked at volunteer dependent.
There are plenty of tickets, everyone who wants one will get one, please let's remain calm and above all else courteous to one another - some of the emails I've received this morning are disgusting.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:01 am

Last year our tickets were waiting at the away turnstile. Showed ID and e mail to pick it up. Mind you, mine wasn't there but Salford went out of their way to sort it-very helpful so should be fine this time round.