Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:36 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bradley Fewster
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:16 am
Posts: 556
Team Supported: Darlington
Maybe Fenwick was brought in on a months contract to cover for Beck.

Beck is now fit and Fewster maybe to be brought in at the end of Fenwicks contract?

I wouldn't be against Saunders going out on loan to gain some regular football at a decent level


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bradley Fewster
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Posts: 441
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
In all honesty, unless this guy really is out of this world, who would we let go/drop for him?

Caton has hit the ground running by all accounts. Beck is a class act. Saunders looks good and in my opinion not giving him a good shot at the team this season sends out totally the wrong message. Gillies, Thompson and Ferguson are all quality.

We can only really justify those six in the match day squad unless Ferguson drops back to left back, which I can't see happening while he's making such an impact on the wing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Fenwick, and to be honest, i'd be happy to let Caton go in favour of Fewster as well. It's not to say I don't rate either of them, I just happen to think Fewster is an upgrade, and perhaps most importantly, could potentially have great resale value.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bradley Fewster
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10938
Team Supported: Darlington
H1987 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
In all honesty, unless this guy really is out of this world, who would we let go/drop for him?

Caton has hit the ground running by all accounts. Beck is a class act. Saunders looks good and in my opinion not giving him a good shot at the team this season sends out totally the wrong message. Gillies, Thompson and Ferguson are all quality.

We can only really justify those six in the match day squad unless Ferguson drops back to left back, which I can't see happening while he's making such an impact on the wing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Fenwick, and to be honest, i'd be happy to let Caton go in favour of Fewster as well. It's not to say I don't rate either of them, I just happen to think Fewster is an upgrade, and perhaps most importantly, could potentially have great resale value.

Do you know Fewster is an upgrade? Or are we going on the word of others?

Agree on resale value, but Caton sounds like he's an upgrade on what we had before so is it a bit of an unnecessary risk to swap him out for someone who may or may not be an improvement?

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Last edited by Spyman on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bradley Fewster
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Posts: 441
Team Supported: Darlington
It's hard to say, but he's shown glimpses he's good enough in the Football League, and it was a surprise to most he has dropped this far down. That suggests to me he could be a level above guys like Fenwick, who I have nothing against, but he hardly shone for York in the National.

Still bizarre this is dragging on. Has no one asked MG in an interview what is going on?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bradley Fewster
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:23 pm
Posts: 21
Team Supported: Darlington
Anyone know what's going on with this guy? Few rumours going round that he's currently injured and can't yet pass a medical.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bradley Fewster
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:15 pm
Posts: 339
Team Supported: Darlington
dfcjosh wrote:
Anyone know what's going on with this guy? Few rumours going round that he's currently injured and can't yet pass a medical.

Currently injured no club as yet but Bristol rovers sniffing around, wants to stay in the north east so don't rule out pools or going back to york.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bradley Fewster
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 720
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
H1987 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
In all honesty, unless this guy really is out of this world, who would we let go/drop for him?

Caton has hit the ground running by all accounts. Beck is a class act. Saunders looks good and in my opinion not giving him a good shot at the team this season sends out totally the wrong message. Gillies, Thompson and Ferguson are all quality.

We can only really justify those six in the match day squad unless Ferguson drops back to left back, which I can't see happening while he's making such an impact on the wing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Fenwick, and to be honest, i'd be happy to let Caton go in favour of Fewster as well. It's not to say I don't rate either of them, I just happen to think Fewster is an upgrade, and perhaps most importantly, could potentially have great resale value.

Do you know Fewster is an upgrade? Or are we going on the word of others?

Agree on resale value, but Caton sounds like he's an upgrade on what we had before so is it a bit of an unnecessary risk to swap him out for someone who may or may not be an improvement?

Think it might be premature calling Caton an upgrade. Don't see him scoring as many as Cartman, which i'm assuming was the point.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bradley Fewster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5411
Team Supported: Darlington
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:

Think it might be premature calling Caton an upgrade. Don't see him scoring as many as Cartman, which i'm assuming was the point.


And Cartman was hardly prolific last season was he. Great work rate but his confidence in front of goal had gone in my opinion.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bradley Fewster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9721
Team Supported: Darlington
I think bringing back Cartman would be a backward step.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bradley Fewster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 720
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:

Think it might be premature calling Caton an upgrade. Don't see him scoring as many as Cartman, which i'm assuming was the point.


And Cartman was hardly prolific last season was he. Great work rate but his confidence in front of goal had gone in my opinion.

Didn't say he was, i said I don't see Caton being any more prolific when apparently he's an upgrade. There is a reason non of his previous clubs have played him as a central striker. Am fine with him as a player, i just don't see 15 goals in him.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bradley Fewster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:46 pm
Posts: 563
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
loan_star wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:

Think it might be premature calling Caton an upgrade. Don't see him scoring as many as Cartman, which i'm assuming was the point.


And Cartman was hardly prolific last season was he. Great work rate but his confidence in front of goal had gone in my opinion.

Didn't say he was, i said I don't see Caton being any more prolific when apparently he's an upgrade. There is a reason non of his previous clubs have played him as a central striker. Am fine with him as a player, i just don't see 15 goals in him.


Isn't he a winger?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bradley Fewster
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:23 pm
Posts: 21
Team Supported: Darlington
roadrunner wrote:
dfcjosh wrote:
Anyone know what's going on with this guy? Few rumours going round that he's currently injured and can't yet pass a medical.

Currently injured no club as yet but Bristol rovers sniffing around, wants to stay in the north east so don't rule out pools or going back to york.


Don't think york need a striker and seems like Pools are getting Ryan Bowman. What's all the talk about it having to be done by Thursday? Thought free transfers could be made until March?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bradley Fewster
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm
Posts: 657
Team Supported: Darlington
dfcjosh wrote:
roadrunner wrote:
dfcjosh wrote:
Anyone know what's going on with this guy? Few rumours going round that he's currently injured and can't yet pass a medical.

Currently injured no club as yet but Bristol rovers sniffing around, wants to stay in the north east so don't rule out pools or going back to york.


Don't think york need a striker and seems like Pools are getting Ryan Bowman. What's all the talk about it having to be done by Thursday? Thought free transfers could be made until March?


There are no restrictions on transfers, this will be to register in time for squad contention on Saturday.

_________________
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Bradley Fewster
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Posts: 441
Team Supported: Darlington
Here's hoping we get him in, i have serious doubts about Fenwick, and Caton needs too many chances (if Saturday is anything to go by). We would've been much better off with Saunders yesterday, they looked vulnerable to pace.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group