Bradley Fewster

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Robbie Painter
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Bradley Fewster

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:44 am

Syers is 30 in November.

If we wanted to go full time under fan ownership then we'd need crowds in excess of 3k, probably closer to 3.5k.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:46 am

Spyman wrote:conjecture.

Nice word skills :thumbup:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:55 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Spyman wrote:conjecture.

Nice word skills Image
Muchos gracias (I can do languages too).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:55 am

Robbie Painter wrote:Syers is 30 in November.

If we wanted to go full time under fan ownership then we'd need crowds in excess of 3k, probably closer to 3.5k.
Thanks. Older than I thought!

Ok well 2 or 3 years then.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:53 pm

Spyman wrote:Are there examples of full-time teams in the Conference National with a handful of p/t players? I'm sure that could work.
I thought Cambridge used to do something like this when they were promoted - or maybe it was the season before. Almost a full time set up for their 'younger' players (under 23) and then bolstered by some senior players on PT deals.

I am questioning it now because I don't see how Ian Miller fit into that sort of structure.

Southport tried to use FT kids last year rather than PT seniors and they got relegated and were pretty abysmal all season. The difference in cost of FT players with the same quality as our senior PT players is going to be quite substantial. I almost think it better you stay PT until you get a windfalll (FA Cup run).

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:06 pm

lo36789 wrote:I almost think it better you stay PT until you get a windfalll (FA Cup run).
But you can't budget off a one-off cup windfall as that is just a short term bonus, we need infrastructure and quite possibly this is the argument for an outside investor to bolster the finances. It's like all those Premier League teams that budget for Champions League football or those that are desperate for the TV money in the Premiership - if you don't live within your means you end up in a Leeds/Pompey/Blackburn/Coventry etc. etc. situation in relative terms.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:37 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:I almost think it better you stay PT until you get a windfalll (FA Cup run).
But you can't budget off a one-off cup windfall as that is just a short term bonus, we need infrastructure and quite possibly this is the argument for an outside investor to bolster the finances. It's like all those Premier League teams that budget for Champions League football or those that are desperate for the TV money in the Premiership - if you don't live within your means you end up in a Leeds/Pompey/Blackburn/Coventry etc. etc. situation in relative terms.
Depends on the nature of the windfall and how it is used.

Burton Albion played Man Utd in the FA Cup back in 2006 (I think) and managed to get a replay if I remember correctly. They were lucky enough to have just build a new stadium but used that windfall to put foundations in place for slow and steady growth which now has them in the Championship ten years later.

DC

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:54 pm

I suppose that until we get the stand built and a bit more terracing we won't know where we're up to. It seems that all the money we raise from all over is being diverted to this. Can't wait til it's all done!

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:22 pm

Getting back on the subject has Fewster signed for us ??

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:42 pm

I am not sure I ever said budget for a windfall. I said stay as you are until you get that windfall then you use the money the year later for project promotion. If you don't achieve it then you go back to your budget the year before.

I am not convinced with any amount of investment a conference side generates sufficient revenue to support full time team. FL is very very different you can get by with 2,000-3,000 crowds because you get a heck of lot more money from TV/Premier League. Also a team to survive in FL2 costs less than a team to win the NL.

I am pretty sure whoever finished 22nd in FL2 last season with the same team would not have won NL last season.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:17 pm

No, but they didn't survive in L2 either.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:26 pm

Pretty sure the teams relegated from L2 finished 23rd and 24th?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Joe Wheatley to be added now.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:17 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:I suppose that until we get the stand built and a bit more terracing we won't know where we're up to. It seems that all the money we raise from all over is being diverted to this. Can't wait til it's all done!
Diverted to Fewster's signing?

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:18 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:No, but they didn't survive in L2 either.
Harry's busy on his Scat dating site.

DC

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:43 pm

I hope not!!

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:40 pm

Anyone heard anything yet?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:28 am

This is now getting weird. Photographed in the start of the season squad photo, good record in leagues above, hasn't been picked up by anyone else, Cartman leaves presumably to make way for him.... and we've still not confirmed it!? Bizarre.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:35 am

H1987 wrote:This is now getting weird. Photographed in the start of the season squad photo, good record in leagues above, hasn't been picked up by anyone else, Cartman leaves presumably to make way for him.... and we've still not confirmed it!? Bizarre.
Presumably Cartman left to make way for Fenwick.

DC

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:41 am

Perhaps. It's still very, very odd for someone to feature in a squad photo who isn't going to be part of the squad. Unless he's trying to move someone else on to make room for him.

Was hoping to see him in action today, but never mind. Wonder if Wheatley makes the bench. UTQ :thumbup:

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:25 am

Fewster was at the game on Wednesday apparently.

Josh Heaton also won't be signing by all accounts.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:13 pm

Really liked the look of Heaton, it'll be a shame if that's true.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:45 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Josh Heaton also won't be signing by all accounts.
I thought this was already known because of his injury?

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:46 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:Josh Heaton also won't be signing by all accounts.
I thought this was already known because of his injury?
No - the move was delayed.

Tony1504

Post by Tony1504 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:26 am

I've followed Bradley's career because I've known the family for a number of years. It's as recent as Nov 2016, just 9 months ago, that people were talking about him breaking into Middlesbrough's first team. Admittedly this was a very low scoring Boro and they were desperate. Nonetheless they were Premier League and although his breakthrough didn't happen, I think he'd be an amazing acquisition for Darlo.

Whenever I saw Bradley play I thought he was better than those around him. Sometimes he was single handedly trying to score and with all due respect to him, he isn't Messi or Ronaldo. But he's quick, direct and definitely not scared to have a go. It looks as if Darlo will have plenty to offer in front of goal this season, BF would only add to the firepower. The bookies have Darlington as third favourites to win the league. I'd say if Bradley can steer clear of injuries (he's had a few, he's quite slightly built) and combine well with his fellow attackers, I wouldn't see any team having a better chance of promotion.

I think you're getting a player who if he plays to potential will surely be among the top half dozen in the league.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:48 am

Sounds like he would be a cracking signing and if we can get him signed up would have probably the best attacking options in the league.We probably need to release a player to bring him in so fingers crossed we can get this deal done before you know who comes sniffing around.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:43 pm

In all honesty, unless this guy really is out of this world, who would we let go/drop for him?

Caton has hit the ground running by all accounts. Beck is a class act. Saunders looks good and in my opinion not giving him a good shot at the team this season sends out totally the wrong message. Gillies, Thompson and Ferguson are all quality.

We can only really justify those six in the match day squad unless Ferguson drops back to left back, which I can't see happening while he's making such an impact on the wing.

DC

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:58 pm

You forgot Fenwick who can't get a game at the moment. Perhaps Fenwick is cover for Beck but will be let go and Fewster may come in once Beck's fitness is proven.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:03 pm

Undercovered wrote:You forgot Fenwick who can't get a game at the moment. Perhaps Fenwick is cover for Beck but will be let go and Fewster may come in once Beck's fitness is proven.
I knew I'd forgotten someone and couldn't for the life of me think who!!!

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Spyman wrote:
Undercovered wrote:You forgot Fenwick who can't get a game at the moment. Perhaps Fenwick is cover for Beck but will be let go and Fewster may come in once Beck's fitness is proven.
I knew I'd forgotten someone and couldn't for the life of me think who!!!

Trying to remember all our striker is a renowned memory challenge.