Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:47 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: No match thread!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 712
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakers83 wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
I thought they played some decent stuff going forward. Their runners off the centre forward where better than ours, and they were more inventive. Thankfully, they were worse defensively than us. Thought Bartlett was pretty ropey tonight. If that had been Jameson...........Caton should have had a couple but lacked a bit of composure and Harvey should have had one, had he taken it first time. Good to think we can win and score 4, when we haven't played well.

Oh, and someone needs to tell Gillies it's still summer. Thought he was hibernating until his goal. Can't see the point of him on the right. He's all left foot, to an alarming degree.

Bartlett made one mistake which resulted in their 2nd goal. Instead of hiding he remained confident and commanded his area very well with some difficult crosses coming in.

Bartlett's handling, distribution and positioning was good last night. I'm sure he'll be disappointed at the second goal individually but he was far from 'ropey'.

I thought he flapped at a couple more, and his distribution on a few occasions was poor.We all see things differently I suppose.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: No match thread!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 543
Team Supported: Darlington
Finally got to see the highlights and on second viewing, it did look like Bartlett was at fault with their 2nd and would give the benefit to their forward as having a clinical finish for their 1st, however some evidence of Brown not being close enough to make a telling challenge. Also of him getting into some useful attacking positions, although I think he was lucky to get the MoM award. Galbraith's goal still a beaut, whether he did mean it or not, probably not by his lack of celebration!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: No match thread!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10806
Team Supported: Darlington
jjljks wrote:
Finally got to see the highlights and on second viewing, it did look like Bartlett was at fault with their 2nd and would give the benefit to their forward as having a clinical finish for their 1st, however some evidence of Brown not being close enough to make a telling challenge. Also of him getting into some useful attacking positions, although I think he was lucky to get the MoM award. Galbraith's goal still a beaut, whether he did mean it or not, probably not by his lack of celebration!

I've watched it numerous times and still to decide who was at fault for their first. Collins, Hunter and Brown - can't work out who was meant to be tracking that man!

Their second - as much as you can say it was Bartlett's fault, he went for the ball and got beaten to it - but so did the defender. Perhaps if he'd stayed on his line he might have saved the eventual header but it was from point-blank range so he probably would have had little chance.

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: No match thread!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7481
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
I've watched it numerous times and still to decide who was at fault for their first. Collins, Hunter and Brown - can't work out who was meant to be tracking that man!


Was between Collins and Brown. The guy who made the assist was Hunter's. It wasn't Collins man but between them they should have swapped at the point he had got past Collins an Brown was the only player between him and the goal. There was actually a really good opportunity to catch him offside if Brown had stepped up rather than dropping with him.

Their number 4 looked a tidy player. The pass that started the first goal was awesome and think he set them going for the third as well.

If a keeper comes for a cross he is to blame if he doesn't make it and it goes in. I don't think he flapped at it he just came a split second too late. I follow David Preece on twitter and he seems to be an advocate of a positive keeper coming for crosses in that area. Be almost says though on most occasions it will be of benefit and the right thing to do so you shouldn't complain too much on the times it goes wrong.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: No match thread!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 586
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Their second - as much as you can say it was Bartlett's fault, he went for the ball and got beaten to it - but so did the defender. Perhaps if he'd stayed on his line he might have saved the eventual header but it was from point-blank range so he probably would have had little chance.


I take your point about 'point blank' but if you look at the goalcam, the ball entered the goal virtually at the point that Bartlett left his line. So there is a fair chance it would have him if he'd stayed on his line. Also, maybe the defender didn't win it because he'd heard a call from Bartlett..... who knows?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: No match thread!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 2045
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Finally got to see the highlights and on second viewing, it did look like Bartlett was at fault with their 2nd and would give the benefit to their forward as having a clinical finish for their 1st, however some evidence of Brown not being close enough to make a telling challenge. Also of him getting into some useful attacking positions, although I think he was lucky to get the MoM award. Galbraith's goal still a beaut, whether he did mean it or not, probably not by his lack of celebration!

I've watched it numerous times and still to decide who was at fault for their first. Collins, Hunter and Brown - can't work out who was meant to be tracking that man!

Their second - as much as you can say it was Bartlett's fault, he went for the ball and got beaten to it - but so did the defender. Perhaps if he'd stayed on his line he might have saved the eventual header but it was from point-blank range so he probably would have had little chance.


Your being very generous there. If the keeper calls for a cross in the six yard box he has to collect it, simple as that. 100% goalkeeper error.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: No match thread!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10806
Team Supported: Darlington
m62exile wrote:
Spyman wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Finally got to see the highlights and on second viewing, it did look like Bartlett was at fault with their 2nd and would give the benefit to their forward as having a clinical finish for their 1st, however some evidence of Brown not being close enough to make a telling challenge. Also of him getting into some useful attacking positions, although I think he was lucky to get the MoM award. Galbraith's goal still a beaut, whether he did mean it or not, probably not by his lack of celebration!

I've watched it numerous times and still to decide who was at fault for their first. Collins, Hunter and Brown - can't work out who was meant to be tracking that man!

Their second - as much as you can say it was Bartlett's fault, he went for the ball and got beaten to it - but so did the defender. Perhaps if he'd stayed on his line he might have saved the eventual header but it was from point-blank range so he probably would have had little chance.


Your being very generous there. If the keeper calls for a cross in the six yard box he has to collect it, simple as that. 100% goalkeeper error.
Yeh fair enough he came and called and missed it.

All I'm saying is had he stayed put on his line, it may not have made any difference to the outcome.

Can you tell I'm a keeper myself?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: No match thread!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Posts: 399
Team Supported: Darlington
It's Bartletts fault, but i'm hoping its a one off. He's an excellent keeper at this level.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: No match thread!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 65
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Where I object however is when it's used repeatedly, without thinking. There've been occasions where we've just aimlessly punted it long for no reason and without intelligence, consequently conceded possession. That's the downside to it.


That's the level that we're at though. Unless our defenders are put under pressure then I don't think it's aimlessly punted. If they are under pressure then obviously it may come across as rushed, aimless and long-ball but if we started passing the ball out then we'd concede much more.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: No match thread!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Posts: 150
Team Supported: Darlington
lo36789 wrote:
Their number 4 looked a tidy player. The pass that started the first goal was awesome


About as deliberate as Galbraith’s goal, I reckon. ;)

https://youtu.be/HRfflkDZvFQ?t=13


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group