Spenny Tweet

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlo reborn
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Spenny Tweet

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:28 pm

They must of set of later as they have only ever travelled round the north east and don`t realise how far other places are in this country LOL!!!!!

``

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:34 pm

I've just used google maps and Doncaster to Boston fc is 1 hour 30 mins. I know it says they broke down in the Doncaster area, but the 4 hour round trip doesn't seem quite right to me.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Darlo_Rob wrote:I've just used google maps and Doncaster to Boston fc is 1 hour 30 mins. I know it says they broke down in the Doncaster area, but the 4 hour round trip doesn't seem quite right to me.

1 HR 30 each way in a car is 3 hours round trip.

Now allow for loading kit etc from one to the other
Allow for fact bus travels a lot slower than car - RG can't overtake as easily on single carriageway roads and 4 hour round trip is easily made out.

That as I say is a red herring. The real issue is the one re the supporters bus and why the apparent offer to swap vehicles was not accepted

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:16 pm

spen666 wrote:That as I say is a red herring. The real issue is the one re the supporters bus and why the apparent offer to swap vehicles was not accepted
Or why a local bus company wasn't sought - as that seems a reasonable alternative also.

Didn't Blyth kick off an evening game at 10PM once after getting caught in traffic on the M62?

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Noticed that Spenny found a use for their coach. They lent it to Newcastle who parked it at the gallowgate end.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:21 pm

spen666 wrote:
Darlo_Rob wrote:I've just used google maps and Doncaster to Boston fc is 1 hour 30 mins. I know it says they broke down in the Doncaster area, but the 4 hour round trip doesn't seem quite right to me.

Allow for fact bus travels a lot slower than car - RG can't overtake as easily on single carriageway roads and 4 hour round trip is easily made out.

That as I say is a red herring. The real issue is the one re the supporters bus and why the apparent offer to swap vehicles was not accepted
An extra hour to swap a few bags across and account for slower speed of a bus?

It's a 150 mile round trip from Doncaster to Boston. Ignoring your silly 'bags' comment, you are talking about a coach traveling an average of 50mph vs 37.5mph.

Given you are using single lane roads as an excuse, they'll still largely have a speed limit of 60mph so that's unlikely to be much of a limiting factor.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Exactly spyman, I don't think arriving around 4pm would be out of the question. The time spent waiting for the bus the players could have changed, the Darlo players did this when they were delayed in traffic.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:43 pm

Spyman wrote:
spen666 wrote:

It's a 150 mile round trip from Doncaster to Boston. Ignoring your silly 'bags' comment, you are talking about a coach traveling an average of 50mph vs 37.5mph.

Given you are using single lane roads as an excuse, they'll still largely have a speed limit of 60mph so that's unlikely to be much of a limiting factor.

Clearly you have not bothered to think it through.

If we accept a car journey time of 3 hours, then an extra hour for the round trip to take into account the much slower speeds mini buses can achieve and transferring kit is about right.

Transferring bags is not simply the players bags, there is the hampers of kit, warm up equipment, physio kit etc

A bus or minibus is not able to overtake on single carriageway roads like a car can, do you are stuck travelling at a much slower speed than a cat.

Break it down, allow say 20 mins to sort out transferring kit etc onto and off coaches, then it would only need an extra 20 minutes on the journey each way to get up to the 4 hour round trip.

This as I have said is a complete red herring. It also assumed drivers and minibuses are ready to set off immediately .

The referee was not prepared to wait that long in any event, so it's a non issue.

The issue Spennymoor need to answer is around the supporters bus

The_Ozzman_Cometh

Post by The_Ozzman_Cometh » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:58 pm

No good arguing over this-let the league sort it out!!
The World is Full of Kings & Queens
Who Blind your Eyes then Steal your Dreams

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:30 pm

spen666 wrote:you are stuck travelling at a much slower speed than a cat.
Nah, come off it Spen. Our Percy does get a wriggle on when I shout “foodies” but I still don’t think he’s as fast as a motor vehicle.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:53 pm

biccynana wrote:
spen666 wrote:you are stuck travelling at a much slower speed than a cat.
Nah, come off it Spen. Our Percy does get a wriggle on when I shout “foodies” but I still don’t think he’s as fast as a motor vehicle.
You need to get Percy in training

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Yes, the supporters bus. A working bus working that is faster than a cat.

There might be a health/safety/legal/sensible reason why it was deemed not safe to leave 20 odd supporters by the side of the road. But to me it does seem a feasible solution to the problem of how the team gets to the match.

Bus breaks down.

s***.

But hold on just a cotton picking minute.

Here is another bus.

Going to the same destination.

Which is working.

Let's go.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:43 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:......

There might be a health/safety/legal/sensible reason why it was deemed not safe to leave 20 odd supporters by the side of the road. .....

Can't immediately see any health/safety /legal/ sensible reason why having a coach load of fans sitting on a broken down vehicle is any different to having a coach load of players/ coaching staff sat on a broken down bus.

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:49 pm

No excuse for bank holiday Monday the 8a arriva sevice bus is running normal sevice from spennymoor to darlington.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Spennymoor should be congratulated.

Its unlikely you will see a better example of a team parking the bus this season

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:52 pm

They could have got the train from Doncaster to Boston and kicked off at 5.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:26 am

According to some tweets on Saturday, a few Spennymoor players were not fully fit, so Spennymoor preferred to get the game called off rather than play the game.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:44 am

spen666 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
spen666 wrote:

Clearly you have not bothered to think it through.

If we accept a car journey time of 3 hours, then an extra hour for the round trip to take into account the much slower speeds mini buses can achieve and transferring kit is about right.

Transferring bags is not simply the players bags, there is the hampers of kit, warm up equipment, physio kit etc

A bus or minibus is not able to overtake on single carriageway roads like a car can, do you are stuck travelling at a much slower speed than a cat.

Break it down, allow say 20 mins to sort out transferring kit etc onto and off coaches, then it would only need an extra 20 minutes on the journey each way to get up to the 4 hour round trip.

This as I have said is a complete red herring. It also assumed drivers and minibuses are ready to set off immediately .

The referee was not prepared to wait that long in any event, so it's a non issue.

The issue Spennymoor need to answer is around the supporters bus
On the contrary spen,

If I were a team of strapping young footballers, I'd be getting all of the luggage off the bus during the 90 minute (sorry, 120 minute) wait for the new transport to arrive. So there would only be time taken to load stuff onto the new buses. Pretty sure 16-20 young men could do this in a few minutes.

You keep talking about slow speeds of mini-buses, but as I've pointed out, they'd need to travel at 50mph to complete the journey in 90 minutes. 37.5mph to complete it in 120 minutes.

Not only are both those speeds well within the capability of a mini-bus, the mini-bus wouldn't have to worry about overtaking because:

a) any cars, as you suggest, would already be travelling faster than the minibus
b) and slower vehicles such as HGVs would be capable of travelling at 50mph as well.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

broadsexile

Post by broadsexile » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:12 pm

This thread is getting pretty X-Files. Knowing us, Boston will be awarded three points and then edge us out of play-off spot because of them, then we'll be all 'why didn't the league make them play the game?'

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Tbh I am not sure what the right outcome should be. Boston have been deprived the chance to play a weakened Spennymoor side by 'unfortunate' circumstances. That said why should Boston benefit from the 3 points.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Yes it's all very 'unfortunate' - that's why this incident needs a name, I suggest .... 'BUSGATE'

Perhaps Spenny should be made to play the side they would have fielded - this obviously is nonsense and could never happen.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:34 pm

3 point deduction incoming and game to be replayed, I reckon. The FA will view it as failing to fulfil a fixture.

I honestly don't know why they couldn't even use the supporters bus, and if there's only 20 supporters (and christ, you could've got a couple of them on with the players i would imagine) order them a few of cabs for the rest of the journey. No one is left on the roadside, maybe you get a 30 min - 1 hour delay. It'd cost a couple of hundred quid. The game could quite easily have gone ahead. I reckon the FA will take a dim view of it.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:50 pm

H1987 wrote:3 point deduction incoming and game to be replayed, I reckon. The FA will view it as failing to fulfil a fixture.

I honestly don't know why they couldn't even use the supporters bus, and if there's only 20 supporters (and christ, you could've got a couple of them on with the players i would imagine) order them a few of cabs for the rest of the journey. No one is left on the roadside, maybe you get a 30 min - 1 hour delay. It'd cost a couple of hundred quid. The game could quite easily have gone ahead. I reckon the FA will take a dim view of it.

Yes - joking aside, these are my thoughts too. All sides caught up in things like this should do their utmost to get the game on. I have nothing against S'moor - I would be harsh with Darlo if we were in a similar situation.

Unless of course there is info re the supporters bus that we don't know.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

footifan

Post by footifan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Seeing as Spendymoor always seem keen to take our surplus players perhaps if they could have signed one of our old stalwarts Scotts Greys or GKN Busses they would have Arriva'd on time :D
Shame United went bust :lol:

OK... I will get my coat :oops:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:09 pm

footifan wrote:Seeing as Spendymoor always seem keen to take our surplus players perhaps if they could have signed one of our old stalwarts Scotts Greys or GKN Busses they would have Arriva'd on time :D
Shame United went bust Image

OK... I will get my coat :oops:
Still got a wicked sense of humour Chris.Image

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:41 pm

H1987 wrote:3 point deduction incoming and game to be replayed, I reckon. The FA will view it as failing to fulfil a fixture.

The supporters bus was 52 seater, and was full, but the supporters may not of wanted to leave bus, they had the unfortunate same thing happen to them 4 days earlier

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:08 pm

But why would the supporters want to carry on as there would be no team to watch !!!!

polarbear
Team Supported: spennymoor

Post by polarbear » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:17 pm

darlo reborn wrote:But why would the supporters want to carry on as there would be no team to watch !!!!
They could of gone home, why put the supporters through another ordeal just 4 days after the last one, I'm sure that was taken into account, as it would of been unfair on the supporters again

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:26 pm

Can imagine polar bear looking smug on the bus after deciding I'm not giving up my seat to the players I might not make it in time for kick off if I did...doh

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:27 pm

polarbear wrote:
darlo reborn wrote:But why would the supporters want to carry on as there would be no team to watch !!!!
They could of gone home, why put the supporters through another ordeal just 4 days after the last one, I'm sure that was taken into account, as it would of been unfair on the supporters again
Yeah - supporters have just spent a few hours travelling down. I'm sure they'd be delighted to have to turnaround again for another wasted journey.

You talk of unfairness - what about the Boston fans, some of whom had travelled long distances to make the game? Hardly fair on them to back out because a few of your players were injured.

Ordeal? :lol: :lol: :lol: They broke down on the side of motorway. It's hardly an ordeal.

Why are the two regular Spenny stalkers on this board both unbelievably stupid?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY