Durham Challenge Cup

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MikeinBlack2
Team Supported: Darlington

Durham Challenge Cup

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:12 am

Is this our first team (although we won't field a strong one) or is this the Reserves (which may be bolstered by a couple of first team squad players)?

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/qua ... nge-cup-2/
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Re: Durham Challenge Cup

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:57 am

In previous seasons I think we put our youth team in along with the minimum required number of qualifying first team players. I'm not sure if players such as Burgess and Portas will qualify as first team players unless they get named on a first team sheet before the cup game.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:26 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:In previous seasons I think we put our youth team in along with the minimum required number of qualifying first team players. I'm not sure if players such as Burgess and Portas will qualify as first team players unless they get named on a first team sheet before the cup game.
I would forward your thoughts ref your concern about players eligibility, I think you could be right, belt and braces and all that :thumbup:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:10 pm

I might be mistaken but I don't think it was the County Cup which imposes player selection that was the Doodson League Cup which said 5 players had to have appeared on one of the last 5 league team sheets.

Premier League sides just field their full u23 sides.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:39 pm

Interesting to see Sunderland have entered for the first time in a long time. I expect this will be our reserves this season maybe with a few first teamers that need minutes.
Will be played I expect the Tuesday as we have a first team game on the Wednesday at home to FC United
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:49 pm

lo36789 wrote:I might be mistaken but I don't think it was the County Cup which imposes player selection that was the Doodson League Cup which said 5 players had to have appeared on one of the last 5 league team sheets.

Premier League sides just field their full u23 sides.
That could be where I got it from, sorry.