Boost in the Seating Phase 2

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Boost in the Seating Phase 2

Post by poppyfield » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:35 pm

Nice little boost there. :clap: :clap:
Community Share Issue 2 - Seating Phase 2 of 3
30%

£15150 of £50000 from 33 investors
42 days to go
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

super_les_mcjannet

Re: Boost in the Seating Phase 2

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:45 pm

5k increase, always a worry when we get these jumps, couple of times as we get close they disappear. Sure DFCSG will look into whether it is pledge that will be honoured.

This one does need to gain momentum and go up regularly.

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:39 am

Steve McLaren putting some pocket money in don't worry.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:51 am

It's definitely not Steve, but definitely from a credible source.

You can also now donate on a causal basis via the platform so for those who can only afford £10 you can now join in.

http://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupporte ... und/invest

piggy

Post by piggy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:42 pm

divas wrote:It's definitely not Steve, but definitely from a credible source.

You can also now donate on a causal basis via the platform so for those who can only afford £10 you can now join in.

http://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupporte ... und/invest
Just chucked a tenner in.

Hope this method is promoted widely and we can build some momentum,

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Divas wondered about the possibility of putting a totaliser on that account like the Boost the Budget to raise more interest.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:55 pm

My apologies just seen there is one. Will this pitch be used to take some off Phases 2 and 3 then?

divas

Post by divas » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:16 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:My apologies just seen there is one. Will this pitch be used to take some off Phases 2 and 3 then?
Yeah target is ultimately the same.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:45 pm

I think this is an excellent step forward. People have been talking in recent weeks about chucking in £20 towards the seats instead of going to away matches. That's now the place to put initiatives like this.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:04 pm

roadrunner wrote:Steve McLaren putting some pocket money in don't worry.
Not sure whether we can accept Shekkels from Tel Aviv, but I guess every little helps! ;)

Darlo_Dan

Post by Darlo_Dan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:54 pm

£28k still to raise in 37 days.

Is there some sort of contingency plan should the funds not be raised?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:31 pm

Darlo_Dan wrote:£28k still to raise in 37 days.

Is there some sort of contingency plan should the funds not be raised?
I can think of a couple.

Still, it's moving now at least so hopefully that continues and we won't need to worry about it for now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:51 am

Does the new total include the funds that will go in from DFCSG memberships? That could be another £10k.

If Mr Johnston can work his magic from his recent programme notes then perhaps that could be a little more.

Still lots of advertising space around the pitch. Still opportunities for additional shirt sponsors on the back of the players shirts or on the training kits?

I feel quietly confident that we can make it. Even if it requires a small extention to the time frame. Then we'd be on the £37k home stretch which again will be tough but you have to give massive respect to the fans for how well we've done so far.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:58 am

I know it's early days but the new pitch could be the key. So far people have put about £39 each in and asking nothing in return. It would only need 600 to put in at the same level to reach the total or £15 each from everyone in our recent home crowd.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:09 am

Will the money collected in the ground development buckets be added to the totaliser after every home game?

I've always put into the buckets but always wondered how the money was filtered to the club, on a match basis or perhaps as a lump sum at the end of the season.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:01 am

Would be a YES from me to be added after each game then we could see the totaliser going up.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:37 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:Would be a YES from me to be added after each game then we could see the totaliser going up.

I would agree. This would give a momentum to fund raising, make people feel they can make a difference and act as an incentive to hit smaller milestones on way to target

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:20 am

Quakerz wrote:Will the money collected in the ground development buckets be added to the totaliser after every home game?

I've always put into the buckets but always wondered how the money was filtered to the club, on a match basis or perhaps as a lump sum at the end of the season.
The back to Darlo helped with move back. Now the buckets are for stadium improvements and handed over to cover any shortfalls at each stage. The pay it again buckets went direct to DFC when so many homes games were postponed. A few have mentioned they cannot go on Saturday and are planning on donating in lieu so it will be interesting to see any jump after the weekend. If you want totaliser to be altered to take buckets into account best email dfcsg through contacts on their website as it is monitored by more than 1 person.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:34 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:I know it's early days but the new pitch could be the key. So far people have put about £39 each in and asking nothing in return. It would only need 600 to put in at the same level to reach the total or £15 each from everyone in our recent home crowd.
Or two home cup ties....

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:36 am

would we be able to take a loan out? And would it be a viable option?

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:41 am

What about a weekly/monthly donation payment being setup not a massive amount £3 a week lets say..... If we get 100 people doing that a month its £1200 to put towards to seating phase, if we get more doing donation it will be a massive boost ?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:44 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Will the money collected in the ground development buckets be added to the totaliser after every home game?

The back to Darlo helped with move back. Now the buckets are for stadium improvements and handed over to cover any shortfalls at each stage. The pay it again buckets went direct to DFC when so many homes games were postponed. A few have mentioned they cannot go on Saturday and are planning on donating in lieu so it will be interesting to see any jump after the weekend. If you want totaliser to be altered to take buckets into account best email dfcsg through contacts on their website as it is monitored by more than 1 person.
I neither want nor don't want the bucket collections to be added to the totaliser. I was simply asking whether it would be the case.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:47 am

Craig09 wrote:What about a weekly/monthly donation payment being setup not a massive amount £3 a week lets say..... If we get 100 people doing that a month its £1200 to put towards to seating phase, if we get more doing donation it will be a massive boost ?
Looks like you can do that through the new fundraising pitch

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:50 am

Ah right i didnt know cheers

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:39 pm

D_F_C wrote:would we be able to take a loan out? And would it be a viable option?
I'd be completely against this.

Taking on debt when we are spending money unnecessarily on players would be a terrible idea. That debt will further eat into future budgets requiring more fundraising to cover debt payments.

Last edited by Spyman on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DC

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:46 pm

JE93 wrote:Does the new total include the funds that will go in from DFCSG memberships? That could be another £10k.

If Mr Johnston can work his magic from his recent programme notes then perhaps that could be a little more.

Still lots of advertising space around the pitch. Still opportunities for additional shirt sponsors on the back of the players shirts or on the training kits?

I feel quietly confident that we can make it. Even if it requires a small extention to the time frame. Then we'd be on the £37k home stretch which again will be tough but you have to give massive respect to the fans for how well we've done so far.
I was away last week so couldn't pick up the program from the game, anyway I'd be able to read those program notes somewhere?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:09 pm

Spyman wrote:
D_F_C wrote:would we be able to take a loan out? And would it be a viable option?

Taking on debt when we are spending money unnecessarily on players would be a terrible idea. That debt will further way into future budgets requiring more fundraising to cover debt payments.

Are we not taking on debt in any case with the share issue?

Aren't we as fans buying shares in DFCSG, and the share capital raised is then loaned to the club - which must be paid back (plus a little bit of interest) over a number of years?

Or am I completely wrong about this - it's quite hard to keep track of how it's all set up.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:30 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Taking on debt when we are spending money unnecessarily on players would be a terrible idea. That debt will further way into future budgets requiring more fundraising to cover debt payments.

Are we not taking on debt in any case with the share issue?

Aren't we as fans buying shares in DFCSG, and the share capital raised is then loaned to the club - which must be paid back (plus a little bit of interest) over a number of years?

Or am I completely wrong about this - it's quite hard to keep track of how it's all set up.
Not entirely sure - but supporters are far more likely to not expect a return, and certainly not interest, whereas a business loan?

If we are 10k short the most sensible solution is to take 10k off the playing budget if there's no other cost neutral way to raise the funds.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:31 pm

Yes, that is in effect what happens with community shares, however interest is vastly lower than a bank loan and is payable over 20 years on a flexible basis - who knows some fans may even waive it in the future meaning less of a burden