To the idiotic nutters who lambasted Martin Gary.

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

To the idiotic nutters who lambasted Martin Gary.

Post by onewayup » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:04 pm

Whoever you are your not wanted as a Darlington f.c fan, you've a disgrace to the football club and yourself, weather you were drunk or not does not excuse your profanities today. Don't come again you total clown.

The Golden Hairclip

Re: To the idiotic nutters who lambasted Martin Gary.

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:06 pm

Pond life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Who lambasts someone who's gone to the title favourites and won 2-0, battered Alfreton, put 4 past Gainsborough and drawn away at the second favourites for the title because we lost one game by a goal?

Why have I even given them the 40 seconds it took me to type this? I'd delete it but that gives them more of my time.... absolute morons...

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:49 pm

What was said?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Spyman wrote:What was said?

Sure it wasn't you?.Always ready to have a pop.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Spyman wrote:What was said?

Sure it wasn't you?.Always ready to have a pop.
Am I?

I'd like to know what was said because while I think scrutiny is justified, outright abuse and unsubstantiated digs (see yours above) are not.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:11 pm

By all accounts he told Gray to resign and Fuck Off.

We played poor and lost 1-0, everyone is unhappy at it but some clearly need to get a grip.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Stupid idiot, I did see a guy getting a bit worked up stood near our bench just before HT.....just thinking it might have been him.No place for pea brains like him, we are all a bit gutted but just look at the table.....can only assume he is not a Darlo fan.The Codheads and Spenny were away today....could have been one of them.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:00 pm

Yes they'd come specially to abuse Gray wouldn't they. Stand in the tin shed when a pass goes astray - we've plenty of idiots who get wound up over the slightest little thing.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:19 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:By all accounts he told Gray to resign and Fuck Off.

We played poor and lost 1-0, everyone is unhappy at it but some clearly need to get a grip.
Image Image Image

A bit of an overreaction. If there was ever a time to tell Martin Gray to resign it was after his outburst in April (?) but nothing on the pitch in the last five years has justified a call for him to leave.

I think this can be written off as a regrettable (and probably pissed up) over reaction!

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:09 pm

My lad was passing the dugout, when this was going on and he said that he said to Gray that we were a long ball team and he was swearing at Gray. Apparently Gray said to this bloke, that our direct style has been successful for the last 3 seasons.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:11 pm

Who's Martin Gary? I was a bit worried as I thought he was abusing Martin Gray!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:15 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Who's Martin Gary? I was a bit worried as I thought he was abusing Martin Gray!
Justice for Martin Gary

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:37 am

Didn't notice the misspelling on headline ,however drunk or not there is no excuse for the overreaction of this nutter, had he tried it with someone on the street he would have been sorted out rather quickly. Darlingtonf.c don't want it and on a personal level I don't like or want to see it especially at our football club.we are a family club.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:29 am

BM crowd went silent when we went behind which is exactly the opposite of what the team needed. First half, the Tin Shed did give loud support and had the drummer getting on the back of their keeper, but where were they in 2nd half?
No excuse for verbally abusing MG, although the wind made it almost impossible to play the long ball game, so I can see a grain of truth in the criticism. Agreed it has served us well over the last 3 seasons, but we do need a plan B when Beck is having a bad day.
Just hope something is learned from this setback & we can play some more attractive possession football as we do have skillful players who are capable of getting us back to winning ways.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:50 am

Totally agree but did no-one challenge him? Like you say it wouldn't be tolerated down the pub!

Wakeman

Post by Wakeman » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:57 pm

Is the problem the language used or that Gray was criticised at all?
Does he weild so much power he is above criticism?

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Wakeman wrote:Is the problem the language used or that Gray was criticised at all?
Yes.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Wakeman wrote:Is the problem the language used or that Gray was criticised at all?
In some circles it certainly seems that way, but we've always had an element of support that have been charmed by the management no matter what. Hodgson was the same for some, immune to criticism because he was 'Darlo through and through'.

Gray's done well getting us this far and I'm sure given the resources he can take us further - but he's had a strong financial hand every time, possibly at the detriment of the club's infrastructure.

He knows what is effective and what sort of player he needs to deliver that effective football. Whether he could do that without the money he's been able to spend is the great unknown.

No complaints from me on the results so far this season though.

DC

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Spyman wrote:
In some circles it certainly seems that way, but we've always had an element of support that have been charmed by the management no matter what. Hodgson was the same for some, immune to criticism because he was 'Darlo through and through'.

Gray's done well getting us this far and I'm sure given the resources he can take us further - but he's had a strong financial hand every time, possibly at the detriment of the club's infrastructure.

He knows what is effective and what sort of player he needs to deliver that effective football. Whether he could do that without the money he's been able to spend is the great unknown.

No complaints from me on the results so far this season though.

Me too. We've had early season 'reality checks' most years. Those that I remember off the top of my head 2012/13 Guisborough away, 2013/14 Farsley and Ramsbottom away, 2014/15 Clitheroe away???, 2015/16 Buxton away, 2016/17 Alfreton home. These set-backs didn't prevent us from going on to have successful seasons.