Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:57 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 723
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:
That'll be the same Lewis Wing who didn't impress when he was here so players in better form got their place ahead of him.

Did he not get thrown in for one game, when Curzon thrashed us at home when it was blowing a gale? No bugger impressed that night. Was another harshly judged by ghe fans and Gray too quickly. Add Curtis Edwards as well.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1007
Team Supported: Darlington
Rumour replaced by hindsight. Excellent!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 723
Team Supported: Darlington
Hindsight or lack of awareness at the time? We saw enough to bring them in, then gave them little time once we had them. They may not have progressed had they stayed i suppose - we have never had a player leave for a higher club, which suggests we don't improve players, we buy the finished article for the league we are in. Fine for instant returns not so good for generating finances.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5431
Team Supported: Darlington
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
loan_star wrote:
That'll be the same Lewis Wing who didn't impress when he was here so players in better form got their place ahead of him.

Did he not get thrown in for one game, when Curzon thrashed us at home when it was blowing a gale? No bugger impressed that night. Was another harshly judged by ghe fans and Gray too quickly. Add Curtis Edwards as well.


Curtis Edwards did get a fair crack of the whip off Gray but some idiot fans thought they knew best and hounded the lad so much that he went off his game and Gray released him.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:24 am 
Online

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 4707
Team Supported: Darlington
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Hindsight or lack of awareness at the time? We saw enough to bring them in, then gave them little time once we had them. They may not have progressed had they stayed i suppose - we have never had a player leave for a higher club, which suggests we don't improve players, we buy the finished article for the league we are in. Fine for instant returns not so good for generating finances.

Joe Tait ;)

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5431
Team Supported: Darlington
al_quaker wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Hindsight or lack of awareness at the time? We saw enough to bring them in, then gave them little time once we had them. They may not have progressed had they stayed i suppose - we have never had a player leave for a higher club, which suggests we don't improve players, we buy the finished article for the league we are in. Fine for instant returns not so good for generating finances.

Joe Tait ;)


Went to Gateshead then came back after he was found out at that level.
Still a decent player though, he may act like a cock but I would have him back!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 723
Team Supported: Darlington
Forgot about Tait. 1 player in 6 seasons though, and we didn't get anything for him, did we?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:13 am
Posts: 811
Location: Scotland
Team Supported: Darlo
Hindsight is 20:20, fingers can't be pointed for releasing a youngster who then achieves something. Maybe us releasing them was the kick up the arse they needed to push on?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1007
Team Supported: Darlington
Minor query. I'm trying to add a tenner to this fund but as I've already paid some in it won't let me. Do I cancel and increase the amount? I thought it was taken out immediately.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:19 pm
Posts: 121
Team Supported: Darlington
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Minor query. I'm trying to add a tenner to this fund but as I've already paid some in it won't let me. Do I cancel and increase the amount? I thought it was taken out immediately.
Yes if you have paid just cancel then add your tenner that's what i did


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12186
Team Supported: Darlington
norwich darlo wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Minor query. I'm trying to add a tenner to this fund but as I've already paid some in it won't let me. Do I cancel and increase the amount? I thought it was taken out immediately.
Yes if you have paid just cancel then add your tenner that's what i did


Yes sorry you'll have to work around it that way for the moment as the platform wasn't initially designed to take instant payments rather pledges which could be amended before they were taken.

There should be a change before the end of October that may solve this.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1007
Team Supported: Darlington
Thanks folks, very helpful as always.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1007
Team Supported: Darlington
Missed Curzon away so put my spends into this. Good suggestion whoever made it and great to see this increasing over the last few days. Almost an eighth of the way to the roof, hopefully.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 601
Team Supported: Darlington
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Missed Curzon away so put my spends into this. Good suggestion whoever made it and great to see this increasing over the last few days. Almost an eighth of the way to the roof, hopefully.

Didn't go to Boston due to distance& time and missing tomorrow for same reason (especially with A1 being closed) so will donate travel expenses to GDF Less than 200 went to Boston compared to over 1k to York so even if some of the travel expense was donated from these games(and Kidderminster?) the target of £25k for this pitch is possible.The DFCSG could then concentrate on the more complex & time consuming
Community Share pitch. Those who donate could always tweet&facebook message to spread the word further afield to reach the goal.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:29 pm
Posts: 213
Team Supported: Darlington
Gone up again today!!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:29 pm
Posts: 213
Team Supported: Darlington
Added more in today.

Someone donated £20 as they couldn't make it to Nuneaton.

Also added the funds from Andrew Foulds raffle on the supporters bus.

Many thanks everyone.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1007
Team Supported: Darlington
Looks like Shrewsbury might have some seats to give away!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: al_quaker, Bing [Bot], Craig09, Google [Bot], Vodka_Vic and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group