FA CUP HOME v SOUTH SHIELDS

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Re: FA CUP HOME v SOUTH SHIELDS

Post by princes town » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:30 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:All the more reason to leave it at £14. I don't think we have a lot of these mythical floaters to call on anymore, not without ground improvements anyway.
Again I agree. I don't think the faithful should object to a small price rise.

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by lo36789 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:12 am

There is a minimum price which is set by the competition rules. Beyond that it is a joint decision of the clubs.

"Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree 
the prices of admission subject to the following conditions.

Except where mutually agreed otherwise the minimum admission (except to children and senior citizens) to matches shall be:

- In the Extra-Preliminary, Preliminary and First Round Qualifying: £3.00
- In the Second and Third Rounds Qualifying: 5.00
- In the Fourth Round Qualifying: £6.00

A higher admission charge may be mutually agreed between the Clubs concerned. The away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home Club’s spectators if agreed by both Clubs.

The price of admission for children and senior citizens must be mutually agreed between the Clubs concerned."

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:44 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Do the away club not have to agree to reduced pricing? Do we know that this is purely down to us? In any case, with seating to be paid for can we afford to cut down to 8/10 pounds, when 55% of the revenue goes elsewhere anyway? Don't think it will put off a sizeable away contingent. Perhaps we could give them the majority of the ground, if so many of our fans are going to be put off.
How much do Shields pay for there home games??

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:45 am

princes town wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:All the more reason to leave it at £14. I don't think we have a lot of these mythical floaters to call on anymore, not without ground improvements anyway.
Again I agree. I don't think the faithful should object to a small price rise.
Price rise from what??

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:39 am

Slightly disappointed that it's the regular entry price, although I can understand why. This is probably more appealing to the passing fan than half of our league games.

I'm not sure about making it all ticket though - we're surely not going to sell out. Hopefully the online ticket sales are up and running to give people an easier option of buying tickets than having to go into town.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:40 am

If the Darlo of last night turns up for this one, we'll have yet another short flirtation with the FA Cup because they'll see us off without breaking sweat.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:41 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Do the away club not have to agree to reduced pricing? Do we know that this is purely down to us? In any case, with seating to be paid for can we afford to cut down to 8/10 pounds, when 55% of the revenue goes elsewhere anyway? Don't think it will put off a sizeable away contingent. Perhaps we could give them the majority of the ground, if so many of our fans are going to be put off.
How much do Shields pay for there home games??

I have no idea. But i don't expect they will moan on too much at paying our usual prices. They probably have the potential to bring 700/800. Why, when we need funds urgently, should we consider discounting heavily? Maybe for a game where away support was to be minimal, but even then, would we get enough of the lesser spotted floaters to make up the difference? I doubt it.

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:19 am

this year we badly need a cup run and the cash, i dont beleive we will go up, so the club and management need to prioritise the cups and play full strength teams in all cup ties

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:23 am

We don't have a full strength team at the moment that's the problem.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:52 pm

No, i agree with maintaining the price. There'll be a decent away following, we should get a 2k gate really. I'd be inclined to give Shields more than 600, move the barrier around next to the seated stand and give them 800-900.

I do however, think every single penny should be going to the fund for the stand.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:04 pm

I'd give Shields as many as they can sell (as long as there remains enough tickets for us). We've had the fortune to draw a team who will bring plenty - it'd be silly to turn some of them away if there is still space in the ground considering we need as much money as we can get!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Ticket details: http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/emi ... ket-sales/

Seems very well organised, although I still find it a bit strange it's all ticket.

No online tickets though? Worked well last season

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:40 pm

With segregation in place I think the club may be concerned S.Shields may bring more than the away section can take which could lead to all sorts of problems if H&S issues occurred.

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:38 pm

al_quaker wrote:I'd give Shields as many as they can sell (as long as there remains enough tickets for us). We've had the fortune to draw a team who will bring plenty - it'd be silly to turn some of them away if there is still space in the ground considering we need as much money as we can get!
Agreed. Every penny counts.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:46 am

Surely with segregation, you can only get 600 away fans in, unless you give them the stand as well, which I assume is not an option?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:42 am

South Shields have 600 tickets. Depends on the appetite from them, but if they do sell them all I wonder if we can move the segregation point to give them (some of) the dugout side too?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:15 am

I think they could sell 1,000 tickets. It's a chance to play locally at a higher team so an attractive fixture for their fans.

They're getting very similar crowds to us, and we take that amount to local away games.

Unfortunately I think we will struggle to sell more than 1,000 ourselves as it's just a very early round FA Cup match which traditionally sees lower than average gates, and it's also the 3rd home match in a row.

I would agree that if we can, if we can give them more than 600 tickets we should do. I'd also say that it's pointless having it all ticket for home fans, unless I'm massively underestimating the local interest in this fixture. We got less than 1,700 home fans v Spennymoor in a top of the table league clash, on a warm sunny bank holiday.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:17 am

Been contacted by sanddancers at work about ticket prices. i think they'll sell all theirs. They've just put a £1million bid in for an indoor pitch and car park over the road from them. Maybe they need the cash too ;)
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:26 pm

Deeping v Kiddy chosen for BBC coverage. Fair enough really - step 5 v well-known step 2 side.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:53 pm

al_quaker wrote:Deeping v Kiddy chosen for BBC coverage. Fair enough really - step 5 v well-known step 2 side.
Think our game would've been much better. Oh well, at least it's not salford :thumbup:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:20 pm

JamesDarlo wrote:
al_quaker wrote:Deeping v Kiddy chosen for BBC coverage. Fair enough really - step 5 v well-known step 2 side.
Think our game would've been much better. Oh well, at least it's not salford :thumbup:
They were never going to feature another game featuring South Shields!!

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:19 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
JamesDarlo wrote:
They were never going to feature another game featuring South Shields!!
Fair point :think:

divas

Post by divas » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:11 pm

Tickets now available to purchase online for all DFCSG members from Sunday at 9am so you can order from the comfort of your armchair if you so wish

www.buytickets.at/dfcsg

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:30 pm

Get yourselves to the game tomorrow and buy one

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:56 pm

Just read on their website South Shields have been given 800 tickets for the game.

What is the capacity for the game 3300 or 3000?

Let's hope for a sell out a bit of income and a cup run.

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:30 pm

Capacity is 3200 with the away end apparently holding 1100 depending where segregation kicks in. It would be great to see terracing there one day. I'd imagine South Shields to sell out their allocation so with 1500 Darlo fans a decent 2500/2600 crowd our 2nd largest since being at blackwell.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:33 am

Would have loved to have made this one, but the wife wont appreciate me missing her sisters wedding

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:16 am

murtonquaker wrote:Would have loved to have made this one, but the wife wont appreciate me missing her sisters wedding

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
Is that the best excuse you can come up with, haha?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:19 am

divas wrote:Tickets now available to purchase online for all DFCSG members from Sunday at 9am so you can order from the comfort of your armchair if you so wish

http://www.buytickets.at/dfcsg
:clap:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:36 pm

After the display against Leamington, would be a surprise if the crowd is over 2000. Only the faithful hardcore fans turned up, so 1200 Darlo and even a full 800 Sand-dancers would just make 2k. Perhaps if we win, it will be the turning point of our season :thumbup: