Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:22 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 817
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:
Can see this game attracting 2000/2500.

Shields will sell around 600/700 now they have those deluded Geordies & Mackems following them. Huge potential for an upset.

Be good to have a decent atmosphere at the place we call home.

Gutted I can't be there to be fair, should be a cracking game.



BGA - The prize money for winning is £4500.

Ta Andy that is a useful amount..........we dare to dream!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:07 pm
Posts: 1122
Team Supported: Darlington
Interesting to see how many tickets we give them if they decide to make it all ticket.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 817
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:
Spyman wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Can see this game attracting 2000/2500.

Shields will sell around 600/700 now they have those deluded Geordies & Mackems following them. Huge potential for an upset.

Be good to have a decent atmosphere at the place we call home.

Gutted I can't be there to be fair, should be a cracking game.



BGA - The prize money for winning is £4500.

What home attendance are they getting this season?

1776, 1420 & 1506 are the home attendances this season so far for them, well followed away from home too.

Interesting their average home attendance only 135 less than ours?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 817
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Can see this game attracting 2000/2500.

Shields will sell around 600/700 now they have those deluded Geordies & Mackems following them. Huge potential for an upset.

Be good to have a decent atmosphere at the place we call home.

Gutted I can't be there to be fair, should be a cracking game.



BGA - The prize money for winning is £4500.

What home attendance are they getting this season?

£4,500 for the win and maybe a conservative estimate of £3,000 gate receipts would be a nice boost.

Shame we probably won't win!

I know I said earlier forget gate receipts but...............how do you arrive at £3,000 as 45% of gate income what crowd do you reckon?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 10694
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
bga wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Spyman wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Can see this game attracting 2000/2500.

Shields will sell around 600/700 now they have those deluded Geordies & Mackems following them. Huge potential for an upset.

Be good to have a decent atmosphere at the place we call home.

Gutted I can't be there to be fair, should be a cracking game.



BGA - The prize money for winning is £4500.

What home attendance are they getting this season?

1776, 1420 & 1506 are the home attendances this season so far for them, well followed away from home too.

Interesting their average home attendance only 135 less than ours?

They've gained massive momentum in the last couple of seasons, especially with Arca joining them.

I would say good on them, but their throwing god knows how much money at players too. Will be interesting to see how far they can go.

_________________
https://twitter.com/#!/AndrewParkk


Darlington Football Club: The club that refused to die.
Bought by the fans; for the fans!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10670
Team Supported: Darlington
bga wrote:
Spyman wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Can see this game attracting 2000/2500.

Shields will sell around 600/700 now they have those deluded Geordies & Mackems following them. Huge potential for an upset.

Be good to have a decent atmosphere at the place we call home.

Gutted I can't be there to be fair, should be a cracking game.



BGA - The prize money for winning is £4500.

What home attendance are they getting this season?

£4,500 for the win and maybe a conservative estimate of £3,000 gate receipts would be a nice boost.

Shame we probably won't win!

I know I said earlier forget gate receipts but...............how do you arrive at £3,000 as 45% of gate income what crowd do you reckon?


I was working on the basis of a crowd of 1,000ish with an average ticket price of something like £7.

£7,000.

45% of that would be £3,150.

Like I said, conservative estimate (and I think I read somewhere once that £7 was a good estimate of average ticket price, although I may be well wide of the mark on that too).

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 817
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
bga wrote:
Spyman wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Can see this game attracting 2000/2500.

Shields will sell around 600/700 now they have those deluded Geordies & Mackems following them. Huge potential for an upset.

Be good to have a decent atmosphere at the place we call home.

Gutted I can't be there to be fair, should be a cracking game.



BGA - The prize money for winning is £4500.

What home attendance are they getting this season?

£4,500 for the win and maybe a conservative estimate of £3,000 gate receipts would be a nice boost.

Shame we probably won't win!

I know I said earlier forget gate receipts but...............how do you arrive at £3,000 as 45% of gate income what crowd do you reckon?


I was working on the basis of a crowd of 1,000ish with an average ticket price of something like £7.

£7,000.

45% of that would be £3,150.

Like I said, conservative estimate (and I think I read somewhere once that £7 was a good estimate of average ticket price, although I may be well wide of the mark on that too).

Ok I reckon the crowd will be closer 1,000 than 2,000 but we may both be proved wrong!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10670
Team Supported: Darlington
bga wrote:
Spyman wrote:
bga wrote:
Spyman wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Can see this game attracting 2000/2500.

Shields will sell around 600/700 now they have those deluded Geordies & Mackems following them. Huge potential for an upset.

Be good to have a decent atmosphere at the place we call home.

Gutted I can't be there to be fair, should be a cracking game.



BGA - The prize money for winning is £4500.

What home attendance are they getting this season?

£4,500 for the win and maybe a conservative estimate of £3,000 gate receipts would be a nice boost.

Shame we probably won't win!

I know I said earlier forget gate receipts but...............how do you arrive at £3,000 as 45% of gate income what crowd do you reckon?


I was working on the basis of a crowd of 1,000ish with an average ticket price of something like £7.

£7,000.

45% of that would be £3,150.

Like I said, conservative estimate (and I think I read somewhere once that £7 was a good estimate of average ticket price, although I may be well wide of the mark on that too).

Ok I reckon the crowd will be closer 1,000 than 2,000 but we may both be proved wrong!

Aren't we both saying 1,000ish then?

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 817
Team Supported: Darlington
I now reckon based on their attendances they will bring a few so I think about 1,500. However if we go on a storming winning run before then nudge up to say 1,700?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:15 pm
Posts: 297
Team Supported: Darlington
Now the ticket price has been reduced to £8 we should get 2/2500 crowd


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20361
Team Supported: Darlington
I think the average ticket price will be nearer £10 these days, OK maybe £9 conservatively. It has after all gone up to £14 adults and £11 concessions, with under 16s remaining at £5.

Anyway, whatever the gate receipts, first of all we pay the match officials etc, and it's the amount after expenses which gets split 45/45/10.

Then once we arrive at our 45% cut of whatever receipts - 20% of that goes to the VAT man.

Say if it worked out at 6k to us after everything, take VAT out and it's 5k.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 1863
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
The last FA Cup game we had at 'home' was Hyde in 15/16, where 902 were present. Interestingly, the next Saturday we played Hyde in the league, where 1047 were present.

Hopefully we can get 1400 or so home fans in, which would probably give a total crowd of approaching 2000, maybe more (I imagine South Shields will bring plenty?)

Do season ticket holders get any cup games included? If not it's no surprise the league fixture would attract a bigger crowd.

I'd expect someone else to ask that daft question not you Spyman [emoji85]


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 pm
Posts: 1413
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerz wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:
On another plus point and one which Spyman may approve, it's an additional game and 2500 crowd could cover that seats shortfall!!!


LOL 2500?

I think we will be lucky to have 1,000 home fans, it's only the 2nd qualifying round of the FA Cup and early rounds are always poorly supported.

I think Shields will bring plenty though.

As others have said, a massive banana skin and an ideal opportunity for to Gray to keep his utter turd cup record going.


Got to disagree with you here Quakerz, I think the game will certainly attract 2,500 if not more (depending on the weather on the day).

_________________
Fuck off Spen
Is Neil Johnson smarter than a carrot ? No.
----------------------------------------------------
Taken from the Tamworth programme 26 Nov 11.

" I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long-term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it "


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 817
Team Supported: Darlington
roadrunner wrote:
Now the ticket price has been reduced to £8 we should get 2/2500 crowd

And you know this because........................?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4485
Team Supported: Darlington
bga wrote:
roadrunner wrote:
Now the ticket price has been reduced to £8 we should get 2/2500 crowd

And you know this because........................?


Probably read South Shields prices for the coach on the day, especially as prices not announced for the match yet.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4485
Team Supported: Darlington
On reflection I think it's a very good draw.

Reason behind it is, we could have played someone away like Lancaster with the gate receipts being minimal. This is probably a minimum 5k to the club even if we lose. We are playing a very good team, they are probably close to be Nat North level it has the local edge.

Yes we may lose but we lost to Lancaster & Hyde and didn't make much gate receipts so it's already one step forward.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 2028
Team Supported: Darlington
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
On reflection I think it's a very good draw.

Reason behind it is, we could have played someone away like Lancaster with the gate receipts being minimal. This is probably a minimum 5k to the club even if we lose. We are playing a very good team, they are probably close to be Nat North level it has the local edge.

Yes we may lose but we lost to Lancaster & Hyde and didn't make much gate receipts so it's already one step forward.


Yep I agree, great draw.

As well as the decent gate it means we can go in to the game concentrating on having to play our very best rather than worrying about any FA Cup hoodoo.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 982
Team Supported: Darlington
The upset everyone is talking about is us winning as it`s a cup game


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:14 pm
Posts: 344
Team Supported: Darlington
It's a brilliant draw and will definitely be making the trip for this one.

It'll be interesting to see how BM handles a large away following. I'd expect Shields to sell out.... Whatever happens, I seriously hope the profits are earmarked for investment in the seating. Winning could help pay off a decent chunk, if our gate receipts and prize money went towards it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10670
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Spyman wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
The last FA Cup game we had at 'home' was Hyde in 15/16, where 902 were present. Interestingly, the next Saturday we played Hyde in the league, where 1047 were present.

Hopefully we can get 1400 or so home fans in, which would probably give a total crowd of approaching 2000, maybe more (I imagine South Shields will bring plenty?)

Do season ticket holders get any cup games included? If not it's no surprise the league fixture would attract a bigger crowd.

I'd expect someone else to ask that daft question not you Spyman [emoji85]

Never overestimate me!

I only asked as I've not had a season ticket for years and living down here I know a few Arsenal season ticket holders who get a handful of cup/european games included. Couldn't remember if we maybe included tickets to cover the first round or two (wouldn't get used anyway).

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 817
Team Supported: Darlington
roadrunner wrote:
Now the ticket price has been reduced to £8 we should get 2/2500 crowd

Official ticket prices just announced are £14, but if you want an £8 one contact Roadrunner! :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 1863
Team Supported: Darlington
bga wrote:
roadrunner wrote:
Now the ticket price has been reduced to £8 we should get 2/2500 crowd

Official ticket prices just announced are £14, but if you want an £8 one contact Roadrunner! :thumbup:
Seriously!!!!! This price will put quite a few off from going


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 982
Team Supported: Darlington
Someone said game is all ticket anyone know if this is right, also think £14 a bit steep


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 8:45 am
Posts: 62
Team Supported: Darlington
darlo reborn wrote:
Someone said game is all ticket anyone know if this is right, also think £14 a bit steep


There is no way we should be charging £14 for this !!!

No wonder we keep getting a bad name ffs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10670
Team Supported: Darlington
I have to say I agree. Not normally one to criticise ticket prices but this strikes me as a game where we can appeal to a wider audience.

Magic of the FA Cup and all that, game against local opposition etc. Would be great to try and drag back some of those who attended on Boxing Day and were put off by the teething problems.

A tenner in would seem a good way of achieving a decent crowd - not forgetting season ticket holders are paying and may see £14 as a reason not to go.

Apologies in advance to onewayup for questioning the powers that be from behind my keyboard.

Posturing over.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9380
Team Supported: Darlington
We always reduce the gate prices for early FA Cup games, serious mistake in my opinion.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 1863
Team Supported: Darlington
I won't be going can't afford £42 + £40 traveling expenses or and not forgetting food and drink So neck end of £100 in a week...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 694
Team Supported: Darlington
Do the away club not have to agree to reduced pricing? Do we know that this is purely down to us? In any case, with seating to be paid for can we afford to cut down to 8/10 pounds, when 55% of the revenue goes elsewhere anyway? Don't think it will put off a sizeable away contingent. Perhaps we could give them the majority of the ground, if so many of our fans are going to be put off.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 2327
Team Supported: Darlington
I wouldn't be expecting a huge crowd purely because recent results aren't good enough to bring in the floaters. 3 goals in 6 games isn't going to draw anyone in.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 694
Team Supported: Darlington
All the more reason to leave it at £14. I don't think we have a lot of these mythical floaters to call on anymore, not without ground improvements anyway.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ex-exile and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group