Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:54 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:52 pm 

Team Supported: Darlington
If we play like we did on Saturday, then they'll start as favourites!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:15 pm 

Think we are taking a small group down for this. Can anyone recommend some good pre match boozers?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:00 am 

NonLeagueSoc wrote:
Think we are taking a small group down for this. Can anyone recommend some good pre match boozers?

Cougars is a good place to go for younger crowd, if you ask behind the bar they do a free taxi service to and from the game too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:03 am 

Darlo_Pete wrote:
If we play like we did on Saturday, then they'll start as favourites!!

:roll:

Shame the bookies won't have the benefit of knowing how we played when setting the odds ey.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:22 am 

NonLeagueSoc wrote:

DARLINGTON TOWN CENTRE REAL ALE GUIDE

The link below will open the Guide in Microsoft Word.

http://www.darlo.camra.org.uk/dl.php?id=27343

Might also give the Rocket Town Brewing House Revolution in Houndgate (behind Boyes) a look, as it has only recently opened and won't be listed yet. Cheers :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:48 am 

No alcohol will be served at saturdays match in the bar or lounge could put a few off coming.
Except the corporate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:50 am 

JamesDarlo wrote:
NonLeagueSoc wrote:

Cougars is a good place to go for younger crowd, if you ask behind the bar they do a free taxi service to and from the game too.

Scratch that they've just closed down :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:53 am 

The bar is double booked. Nice of the rugby club to check our fixture list, or even potential fixture lists.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:55 am 

You want them to keep the date open for the FA Cup quarter final as well?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:59 am 

lo36789 wrote:

No, but considering there was a 50% chance of us playing at BM on Saturday, it might have been wise to at least keep this date free seeing as 2 clubs are now sharing BM's facilities (and we pay a decent rent for the use of said facilities).

Doesn't actually make any difference to me, but it's disappointing, and will add further fuel to the 'BM doesn't feel like home' feeling.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:18 pm 

Could we set up a small marquee in the car park and sell cans?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:23 pm 

al_quaker wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

No, but considering there was a 50% chance of us playing at BM on Saturday, it might have been wise to at least keep this date free seeing as 2 clubs are now sharing BM's facilities (and we pay a decent rent for the use of said facilities).

Doesn't actually make any difference to me, but it's disappointing, and will add further fuel to the 'BM doesn't feel like home' feeling.

Why should they take a 50% risk of no income that day as opposed to a 100% chance of income?

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:24 pm 

Doesn't affect you but matters enough for you to make a public gripe about it?

I'd have thought those in the it doesn't feel like home camp are refusing to buy beer from the Rugby Club anyway since we don't get any revenue from it (same as Heritage Park).

From a strictly business perspective the ask it to hold a date on a 50% chance of it being used. Risking having no revenue for the 50% chance they will get some revenue.

Hummm...I seem to be on same wavelength as Spen which suggests I am wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 pm 

We've had instances in the past where Bish have double booked. Partially due to us not expecting to still be playing there.

My issue, is I assume (and it's only an assumption) that within the ontract, certain facilities are to be made available. If the rugby club are in breach, then a fine should be incurred.

We're still in a learning curve, but there still seems to be more mistakes than positives.

It's a shame as it's another bad taste in the mouth experience.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:51 pm 

lo36789 wrote:
Doesn't affect you but matters enough for you to make a public gripe about it?

I'd have thought those in the it doesn't feel like home camp are refusing to buy beer from the Rugby Club anyway since we don't get any revenue from it (same as Heritage Park).

From a strictly business perspective the ask it to hold a date on a 50% chance of it being used. Risking having no revenue for the 50% chance they will get some revenue.

Hummm...I seem to be on same wavelength as Spen which suggests I am wrong.

I'm simply commenting on things which affect the football club.

The rugby club have double booked their facilities. They rent their facilities out to us, and they've also decided to rent some of them out to somebody else on Saturday too. Turns out that decision has meant they can't provide one of their major customers all of the facilities on Saturday. Fair play they are maximising their short term income. However, it's bit disappointing from a football fans point of view, and it does add to the frustrations regarding BM. That's all.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:53 pm 

al_quaker wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

Sorry Al, but if it was the other way round and we were in the rugby club's position you'd be saying it was a sensible thing to do.

The facilities weren't going to be used by us at the time this other event was booked. If we'd got an away draw, the rugby club would have been left with nothing for that day.

I can understand why it's happened. All it means is a handful of supporters will have to go 3 extra hours without a drink. The horror.

It's just going to be used by the usual stirrers as another stick to beat the rugby club with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Last edited by Darlogramps on Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:55 pm 

dickdarlington wrote:
My issue, is I assume (and it's only an assumption) that within the ontract, certain facilities are to be made available. If the rugby club are in breach, then a fine should be incurred.

This post can be summed up as "I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I'm going to get a dig in at the rugby club anyway."

If you don't know anything about it, why are you now suggesting the rugby club should be fined?

Your logic is laughable.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:01 pm 

Darlogramps wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
lo36789 wrote:

Sorry Al, but if it was the other way round and we were in the rugby club's position you'd be saying it was a sensible thing to do.

I can understand why it's happened. All it means is a handful of supporters will have to go 3 extra hours without a drink. The horror.

'Wise' was probably the wrong word in hindsight. The rugby club will make more money, so in that respect fair play to them.

I suppose I'm just becoming increasingly disillusioned with not having our own facilities.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:07 pm 

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/alc ... ification/

And now the event has been cancelled, and we will be able to use the facilities. Good for those who want to drink. And also if the rugby club have cancelled it (no idea if they did) then a positive step

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:25 pm 

All's well that ends well.

This is why unnecessary comments about fining the rugby club are foolish.

Last edited by Darlogramps on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:39 pm 

Oh goody. Granddad is around.

Glad it's all been sorted, but does need to be addressed, and have the agreement reviewed for future events.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:53 pm 

Whatever happened to Bovril?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:30 pm 

dickdarlington wrote:
Oh goody. Granddad is around.

Glad it's all been sorted, but does need to be addressed, and have the agreement reviewed for future events.

Needs to be addressed? We can't have a blanket first come first served on the facilities.

We know that at some point later in the season we are likely going to have postponements to re-arrange. If somebody has booked a Tuesday night at the Rugby Club 6 months earlier do we suddenly get priority on that evening?

We certainly don't have an exclusive use clause in the contract if that is what you expect a review of the agreement to say?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:07 pm 

That's a good point Lo. I hadn't thought of that. Still needs to be looked st though. Otherwise this will lead to potential problems. What if upstairs wasn't available? We couldn't have filed to meet the FA requirements of hosting a match. It's one thing closing the doors to the rabble. It's a different story with we can accommodate the players and directors etc.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:00 pm 

dickdarlington wrote:
That's a good point Lo. I hadn't thought of that. Still needs to be looked st though. Otherwise this will lead to potential problems. What if upstairs wasn't available? We couldn't have filed to meet the FA requirements of hosting a match. It's one thing closing the doors to the rabble. It's a different story with we can accommodate the players and directors etc.
We should insert a clause allowing us to fine the rugby club if everything isn't to our satisfaction.

Is the beer a degree too warm? FINE THEM
Are they selling prawn cocktail crisps instead of cheese and onion? FINE THEM

Then when they become difficult with us, we can be all po-faced and say they're not making us feel welcome.

We could call it the 'Dickdarlington have your cake and eat it,' clause.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:20 pm 

Not an issue now for this weekend, but is there anything specified anywhere (in league rules/FA ground grading??) that says what minimum facilities have to be available to entertain officials/directors of visiting clubs?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:59 pm 

Alfie wrote:
Not an issue now for this weekend, but is there anything specified anywhere (in league rules/FA ground grading??) that says what minimum facilities have to be available to entertain officials/directors of visiting clubs?

Yes, but as the upstairs bar was going to be open regardless that wouldn't have been an issue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:10 pm 

None of it was an issue in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:11 pm 

Exactly it's all about people not been able to have a drink at a football game... Don't see the issue surely people can go 90 mins without a drink..

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:51 pm 

lo36789 wrote:

Apparently we do get a 'percentage split of sales' from the bar (and 'outside concessions', which I guess is the food huts?). Could be a small percentage, but at least it's something.

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/exp ... ity-costs/

Probably should have been something which is out in the open before now, but there we go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next