Who wants to be the first to say it?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Spyman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:12 pm

???

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

notgnilrad

Re: Who wants to be the first to say it?

Post by notgnilrad » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:18 pm

It

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:26 pm

G

dfcjosh

Post by dfcjosh » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Darlobaz79 wrote:G
ray out

bga

Post by bga » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Any "Lucky loser" draw in this year's FA Cup? :roll:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:55 pm

It's beyond ridiculous how we fuck up in the cups. It feels like Gray doesn't want to be in them.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Quakerz wrote:It's beyond ridiculous how we fuck up in the cups. It feels like Gray doesn't want to be in them.
Well the cup isn't the football league, is it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:08 pm

Quakerz wrote:It's beyond ridiculous how we fuck up in the cups. It feels like Gray doesn't want to be in them.
Yet he's very vocal if he doesn't get enough money for the playing budget. Might help if you won a fucking cup game for once.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Looks like we'll just have to rattle buckets forever because there'll be no help from cup football... ever, the way it feels now.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:33 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Looks like we'll just have to rattle buckets forever because there'll be no help from cup football... ever, the way it feels now.
People are laughing at us for rattling buckets according to Gray. Maybe we have to do that Martin because you never win a fucking cup tie!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:Looks like we'll just have to rattle buckets forever because there'll be no help from cup football... ever, the way it feels now.
People are laughing at us for rattling buckets according to Gray. Maybe we have to do that Martin because you never win a fucking cup tie!
Yep sometimes you have to take responsibility for what you say and at the moment calling us an embarrassment and that we have rattled buckets for too long needs to now be fired back at Gray.

Shows he was very insightful in the summer just maybe needed to look more inwards at his role why that's happened.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:44 pm

Calm down fellas, even with a cup run we would still need outside investment,period ,I am a fan investor but only around 300 of us who put in regularly ,so maybe the limit is upon us, the team needs investment the infrastructure still needs investment so that we as a club can compete to the next level, we must always strive to get to the next level
Otherwise what's the point.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:48 pm

Not as easy as that though. Only one consortium wanted in, fronted by a certain ex-chairman, and we're only slowly attracting sponsors.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:51 pm

onewayup wrote:Calm down fellas, even with a cup run we would still need outside investment,period ,I am a fan investor but only around 300 of us who put in regularly ,so maybe the limit is upon us, the team needs investment the infrastructure still needs investment so that we as a club can compete to the next level, we must always strive to get to the next level
So every club without outside investment should pack in? Does this still count if they still have a decent budget for the level they are?

I do hate people using outside investment, we have a decent budget for this level. Also other than Raj no one is interested so if people think no point without investment then we should pack in now.

Think we need to be asking other questions before we just blame no outside investment, that reason didn't make us play shite today.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:58 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
onewayup wrote:Calm down fellas, even with a cup run we would still need outside investment,period ,I am a fan investor but only around 300 of us who put in regularly ,so maybe the limit is upon us, the team needs investment the infrastructure still needs investment so that we as a club can compete to the next level, we must always strive to get to the next level
So every club without outside investment should pack in? Does this still count if they still have a decent budget for the level they are?

I do hate people using outside investment, we have a decent budget for this level. Also other than Raj no one is interested so if people think no point without investment then we should pack in now.

Think we need to be asking other questions before we just blame no outside investment, that reason didn't make us play shite today.
This.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Les, I'm also wondering what has changed since last season. We have roughly the same squad. Is it just too many injuries, have teams sorted out our style of play? I know we're only 2 points off the play-offs, but we seem so far away from the optimism after the Salford game.
The squad turnover after in the first month was just weird. Did that shake us up a bit?
Last edited by Vodka_Vic on Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:06 pm

We don't need outside investment. It would make the short term easier but is more likely to shaft us in the long term.

What we need is patience, to be run at a small profit or break even, and a fucking cup run! Also, once we have the 500 club members committing financially each season again we will, in effect, have a large budget increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:30 pm

I think the 500 club money coming back in x amount of years is a bit of a oversight.

The likelihood is that these people are still putting money into the club just because they bought a season ticket a couple of years ago doesn't mean they aren't putting any more in.

This is just being realised through the community shares pitches rather than through the purchase of a yearly season ticket. In some ways this is better as any amount 'donated' is not susceptible to VAT. Whereas season ticket sales are.

When the 5 year season tickets are fulfilled we will simply realise similar levels of income through Season Ticket sales rather than donations. From this we will have similar cost/investment decisions. Budgeting for playing squad, paying for basic expenses and finally residual money being spent on improving the facilities and matchday experience at BM.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:35 pm

I am a five plus one season ticket holder ,I put more than a season ticket price into the pot every season ,,don't know how many other five year ticket holders do the same ,but it'sgetting tiresome hearing again and again that the problems with money are five year ticket holders, not contributing.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:39 pm

That's not what people mean. What they mean is that because we have taken the money early upfront from the 500 club then we don't have any trickle down income coming in from 400 season ticket holders.

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:46 pm

I'm not blaming 500 club members, far from it, and I'm sure some do donate large sums on a regular basis but I'm certain our takings will increase when they are back buying season tickets year in, year out.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:That's not what people mean. What they mean is that because we have taken the money early upfront from the 500 club then we don't have any trickle down income coming in from 400 season ticket holders.
But we do have the income because as said above these people are currently contributing to the boost the budget and seating pitches. That is no different to recognising season ticket revenue and splitting some aside to be used on playing or ground budget.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:00 pm

JE93 wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:That's not what people mean. What they mean is that because we have taken the money early upfront from the 500 club then we don't have any trickle down income coming in from 400 season ticket holders.
But we do have the income because as said above these people are currently contributing to the boost the budget and seating pitches. That is no different to recognising season ticket revenue and splitting some aside to be used on playing or ground budget.
They would likely still contribute to that.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:09 pm

We're fucking lost at the moment aren't we?.We're ether a mid to upper table NLN club supported by the fans, courting with the playoffs as we are and accept this is our level OR we kick on with investment but it'll have to be significant and by that I mean going FT, even then it will be tough.

Don't forget Darlo is NOT priority for these players, their day jobs are, these players are amongst the best PT players around but PT isn't going to cut it at this level, not this season.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:17 pm

DL5 wrote:We're fucking lost at the moment aren't we?.We're ether a mid to upper table NLN club supported by the fans, courting with the playoffs as we are and accept this is our level OR we kick on with investment but it'll have to be significant and by that I mean going FT, even then it will be tough.

Don't forget Darlo is NOT priority for these players, their day jobs are, these players are amongst the best PT players around but PT isn't going to cut it at this level, not this season.
We have no one offering us investment for full time, we own nothing, we have no assets, no one with money is that daft to give a fuck.

PT can cut it at this level as we only need to be in the top 7 and even if we are we have the same issue with seats until it's sorted.

Attendances dropping, not due to just results but the football isn't the most exciting especially when losing.

Gray wants more money, well tough s***, deal with what you have and get on with it.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:26 pm

DL5 wrote:We're fucking lost at the moment aren't we?.We're ether a mid to upper table NLN club supported by the fans, courting with the playoffs as we are and accept this is our level OR we kick on with investment but it'll have to be significant and by that I mean going FT, even then it will be tough.

We have no one offering us investment for full time, we own nothing, we have no assets, no one with money is that daft to give a fuck.

PT can cut it at this level as we only need to be in the top 7 and even if we are we have the same issue with seats until it's sorted.

Attendances dropping, not due to just results but the football isn't the most exciting especially when losing.

Gray wants more money, well tough s***, deal with what you have and get on with it.
PT can cut it ie survive at this level but not the next, we are what we are, PT in this league, we're not surviving any higher without going FT

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:35 pm

DL5 wrote:

PT can cut it ie survive at this level but not the next, we are what we are, PT in this league, we're not surviving any higher without going FT
Maidenhead, Halifax, Dover all in the top half of the league above and all part time. While I agree F/T probably is necessary to get out of the National League. But you can be successful and could sustain a Conference club on a P/T basis.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:40 pm

We could survive if things were normal, however I don't think we would survive in the league above whilst we have 500 club & money to raise for the ground.

Personally I accept that and just get on with it, although not sure everyone else is in the same boat.

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:06 pm

There is no urgency to get promoted. We need to sort our stadium out and never make a loss again before we can consider a push for promotion and going full time is a long way away.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:09 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:There is no urgency to get promoted. We need to sort our stadium out and never make a loss again before we can consider a push for promotion and going full time is a long way away.

Indeed., we have to fund a team and a new ground, which is very, very difficult. This is why a cup run and the money it brings are so crucial. We simply can't get that money any other way.

We've fucked up big time today, probably set our plans back 12 months.