Gray must consider position after that shambolic performance

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Gray must consider position after that shambolic performance

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:50 am

What an utter embarrassment we are at the moment. There is no need to worry about getting an extra stand built this season as there is no way we are going to threaten the play-offs this season based on yesterday's pathetic excuse for a game of football. South Shields looked stronger in all departments and good luck to them in the next round. I can't wait to hear Gray's excuses for what I witnessed yesterday. I only waited to the end off the game to boo the players off. Only 1 player turned around at the end of the name to acknowledge the fans and that was Marrs.

Vodka_Vic

Re: Gray must consider position after that shambolic perform

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:23 am

Is this an ironic post Pete? If not, see the thread 'short-termism'

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:13 am

Darlo_Pete wrote: I only waited to the end off the game to boo the players off.
:roll:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:07 pm

You should never boo a Darlo player IMO, cowardly and what can you gain from that.If some of our players are below NLN standard that is not their fault and should not be subject to that.Pete, if that's what you did you have gone way down IMO.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Any neutral watching the game yesterday, would have thought we were lower league side. Of course the players should shoulder a large part of the blame for the fiasco.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:59 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:You should never boo a Darlo player IMO, cowardly and what can you gain from that.If some of our players are below NLN standard that is not their fault and should not be subject to that.Pete, if that's what you did you have gone way down IMO.

Even Gavin Worboys?

Earl_Lee_Dawes

Post by Earl_Lee_Dawes » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Pete, this is probably the worst message you've ever posted. Get a grip.

gabbas

Post by gabbas » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:23 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:You should never boo a Darlo player IMO, cowardly and what can you gain from that.If some of our players are below NLN standard that is not their fault and should not be subject to that.Pete, if that's what you did you have gone way down IMO.

Disagree to be honest. You can excuse players not being good enough but what you can't excuse is lack of heart and effort. Cost close to £25 all in yesterday for that. Most deserved to be booed.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:06 pm

If people pay their money, then they are entitled to boo if they feel inclined to do so. All the people round me said that was the only reason they stayed to the end of the game.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:52 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:If people pay their money, then they are entitled to boo if they feel inclined to do so. All the people round me said that was the only reason they stayed to the end of the game.
In that case you should all feel ashamed of yourselves, have a go for lack of effort yes, but no need to boo.Grow up Pete, you should know better at your age.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:15 pm

I love how weak some people are - they always need to justify themselves by saying "all the other people around me did the same."

Show some backbone and take responsibility yourself Pete rather than cowering in the pack.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:24 pm

The supermarkets must have made a fortune replacing all the damp bedsheets this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blackwell64

Post by Blackwell64 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:28 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:If people pay their money, then they are entitled to boo if they feel inclined to do so. All the people round me said that was the only reason they stayed to the end of the game.
In that case you should all feel ashamed of yourselves, have a go for lack of effort yes, but no need to boo.Grow up Pete, you should know better at your age.

Booing has happened and will continue to happen in most grounds, usually as a common sign of being unhappy with the performance, unless you know of another way fans react to a poor performance after the game / significant run of bad form?

If this was a one off result or even a handful of bad results I'd tell people next to me to shut up. But in a match of high importance, in which people described the performance as low effort, players not up for it, to a team so far below us (albeit in I'd say a false position), after the performances we've had since York, it's fair. Not a fan of booing, don't like it myself, but I understand it after yesterday.

I remember I think the Telford game at home, in which barely anyone applauded or booed after a pretty awful performance, just a sign of the frustration growing since then.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:38 pm

I disagree with booing during a match but after a game like that it's totally justifiable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:54 pm

You must stand with a right bunch of dicks then.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Any neutral watching the game yesterday, would have thought we were lower league side. Of course the players should shoulder a large part of the blame for the fiasco.
Out of interest Pete - who do you think is more responsible for yesterdays non event. The players or manager?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:52 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Any neutral watching the game yesterday, would have thought we were lower league side. Of course the players should shoulder a large part of the blame for the fiasco.
Out of interest Pete - who do you think is more responsible for yesterdays non event. The players or manager?
Gray picks the team, but once the whistle goes then it's up to the players, probably 60/40 the players. But if we don't have the correct personnel or the personnel aren't up for a fight then that's the fault of Gray.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:22 am

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
You must stand with a right bunch of dicks then.
To be fair they are prepared to stand with an engage in conversation with Darlo_Pete...

I suspect that even with a documented process map they would need to have a combined effort to successfully turn on a light switch.

To be fair there are instances where booing is ok and that is at the pantomime when instructed, similarly therefore when pantomime villains such as Leo Fortune-West or Peter Beagrie are playing I kinda accept it because it is slightly funny. Beyond that it is simply childish.

What is actually going through your mind whilst stood as an adult shouting "booooooo". Surely you reflect at some point "I must look like an absolute pleb right now".