Another Problem to be Resolved?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

Another Problem to be Resolved?

Post by spen666 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:24 pm

http://dfcsg.co.uk/?x=entry%3Aentry170918-110000

Note his remarks re social media

Santino

Re: Another Problem to be Resolved?

Post by Santino » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:26 pm

Just what we need.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:38 pm

I think the social media thing refers to Facebook more than anything. There are some pretty caustic comments on there. As we said before though, you can't stop social media comments.
I think the pressure of the investment v fan owned model must be tough for Wayne. He's done his level best with the pitches and the Boost the Budget and to keep a good balance between keeping the fans and MG happy. It looks like we will fall short on the 2nd seats pitch, although now really is the time when we need to dig deep.
Wayne has done an excellent job and hopefully someone will step up to the plate. This doesn't have to mean crisis.
Interesting comments re the future direction of the club. "I hope that the future direction can be determined soon". Certainly implies we are at a crossroads.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Just to nip it in the bud my comments re social media weren't related to any kind of criticism - just the opposite in fact. There are a lot of good, knowledgable people out there with some great viewpoints and the clubs best interests at heart - those are the people we need to step up and define the future direction of the club if they are as passionate as they sound before it's too late.

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:49 pm

divas wrote:Just to nip it in the bud my comments re social media weren't related to any kind of criticism - just the opposite in fact. There are a lot of good, knowledgable people out there with some great viewpoints and the clubs best interests at heart - those are the people we need to step up and define the future direction of the club if they are as passionate as they sound before it's too late.
Thanks for all you've done - you will be a huge loss.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Beano wrote:
divas wrote:Just to nip it in the bud my comments re social media weren't related to any kind of criticism - just the opposite in fact. There are a lot of good, knowledgable people out there with some great viewpoints and the clubs best interests at heart - those are the people we need to step up and define the future direction of the club if they are as passionate as they sound before it's too late.
Thanks for all you've done - you will be a huge loss.
Totally agree, sad loss to the club and one trustworthy source of what is going on within the Board. Thanks for your efforts, Wayne. There will always be room in the Tin Shed for you. :clap:

BrianGento

Post by BrianGento » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:18 pm

"before it's too late" ????

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:21 pm

This sounds very ominous. Does this mean that our direction of travel is being heavily influenced by those who may not have our best interests at heart? Should we be bracing ourselves for another 'it's outside investment or oblivion' type sales pitch from the top?

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:57 pm

I've called you in the past but fair play to you, well done for all you've done :clap:
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:02 pm

Its a shame, Wayne was one of the few people involved with the club who filled me with any confidence, and he comes out of the last few years with integrity.

It seems like we still have no long term plan then.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Yarblockos wrote:Its a shame, Wayne was one of the few people involved with the club who filled me with any confidence, and he comes out of the last few years with integrity.

It seems like we still have no long term plan then.
Some other good people involved but it's a step backwards losing someone like Wayne.

DFCSG need our support, with an AGM coming up, the fundraising and the future direction of our club.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:47 pm

[quote="divas"]Just to nip it in the bud my comments re social media weren't related to any kind of criticism - just the opposite in fact. There are a lot of good, knowledgable people out there with some great viewpoints and the clubs best interests at heart - those are the people we need to step up and define the future direction of the club if they are as passionate as they sound before it's too late.[/quote

Thanks for everything you have done.The last line is a little worrying.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:51 pm

Simply meaning if there isn't the appetite from the fans in having a say in how their football club is run through official channels it's inevitable that fan representation will eventually be lost as there will be no alternative.

en passant

Post by en passant » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi, Is the resignation with immediate effect or do you continue until someone else is found to fill the post? If the former who is the contact for matters relating to DFCSG in the meantime.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:09 pm

Blimey Wayne....thanks for helping my club - efforts much appreciated.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:17 pm

en passant wrote:
Hi, Is the resignation with immediate effect or do you continue until someone else is found to fill the post? If the former who is the contact for matters relating to DFCSG in the meantime.
There's still a full board in place (minus me) check the DFCSG site for email addresses

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:41 am

Thanks for everything Wayne, you will be sorely missed.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:41 am

Just wanted to add my thanks for all your hard work and effort. It can't have been easy and hopefully it's a weight off your shoulders. All the best.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:46 am

divas wrote:Simply meaning if there isn't the appetite from the fans in having a say in how their football club is run through official channels it's inevitable that fan representation will eventually be lost as there will be no alternative.
Can't say fairer than that. We have quite a vocal support but it's from the sidelines.

Wayne do we have any sort of official 'roles & responsibilities' attached to the board members as yet or is that still something that is almost tbd. Almost clear segregation of duties and areas of focus between members of the board to stop them becoming embroiled in everything.

Do think there is probably a fear that it can consume someone's whole life. The evidence of the past suggests that to be the case - whoever has come in has had way too much on their plate and it simply cannot be sustained.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:22 am

Firstly a thank you to Wayne for his hard work and support of the club. The DFCSG have also been very accommodating to us exiles. This is a big blow for the club.

Secondly, now is the time for the keyboard warriors, blowhards and gobshites to step up to the mark. Here is your chance to show that your talk is backed up by actions. Volunteer and help out.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:30 am

Pitches have been moving a bit today. If we add the ground development in, then less than 19k. Let's do this, or get close, for Wayne!

TDS

Post by TDS » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:31 am

Firstly thank you Wayne, you spoke very well in a cauldron of crap at the last fans forum and like others have said, I trusted you had the club at the centre of every decision you made. I hope this is merely a break and also not a sign the tidal wave of ambition is sweeping through the boardroom at such a rate you felt you couldn't stem it.

Also as other's have said, it's time to come forward if you have any inclination and spare time, QuakerIan I'm not looking at you.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:36 pm

very disappointing news. Only good things to say

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Wayne has done a tremendous job, in very difficult circumstances, he will be sadly missed, we now need more than ever to pull together, we will soon be having our DFCSG AGM and will be looking for people to step upto the plate.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Thanks for your effort and time you gave to our club...

A good person to deal with and quick at responding to queries when I mailed him

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:29 am

Wayne very many thanks for all your hard work and efforts for all of us especially the exiles. you are a true supporter and as credit to the club. Keep the faith & live long and prosper. we will miss you.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:44 am

Wayne. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:55 am

The work the volunteers for both DFCSG and the Football Club is highlighted by the resignation of Wayne. I think it is all too easy to forget on a day to day basis the time and effort these volunteers put in.

These people give their time and effort for no reward, but are sometimes greeted by quite aggressive and hostile abuse when others disagree with their decisions. Without these people stepping forward and doing their best as volunteers, there would be no club.

Too often its easy to be overcritical without remembering these are volunteers. There are a shortage of volunteers and are far harder to replace than people being paid for doing the job.

Whilst it is right that actions and decisions made by volunteers as well as employees should be questioned and scrutinised, there is no need for the nature of the abuse and hostility towards volunteers. Without volunteers there is no club.

Ask yourself why volunteers are not rushing forward to take on these roles

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:21 am

spen666 wrote:The work the volunteers for both DFCSG and the Football Club is highlighted by the resignation of Wayne. I think it is all too easy to forget on a day to day basis the time and effort these volunteers put in.

These people give their time and effort for no reward, but are sometimes greeted by quite aggressive and hostile abuse when others disagree with their decisions. Without these people stepping forward and doing their best as volunteers, there would be no club.

Too often its easy to be overcritical without remembering these are volunteers. There are a shortage of volunteers and are far harder to replace than people being paid for doing the job.

Whilst it is right that actions and decisions made by volunteers as well as employees should be questioned and scrutinised, there is no need for the nature of the abuse and hostility towards volunteers. Without volunteers there is no club.

Ask yourself why volunteers are not rushing forward to take on these roles
Good post Spenny, absolutely spot on.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk