M & S

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Re: M & S

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:40 pm

Bet that land around BM is worth a few bob. Hasn't Raj been building houses with Gary Pallister...?

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by lo36789 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:54 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote:Bet that land around BM is worth a few bob. Hasn't Raj been building houses with Gary Pallister...?
It is owned by the council and housing wouldn't be permitted development though. Why would owning the tenants of small plot of land somehow enable the development of wider land?

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:05 pm

lo36789 wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote:Bet that land around BM is worth a few bob. Hasn't Raj been building houses with Gary Pallister...?
It is owned by the council and housing wouldn't be permitted development though. Why would owning the tenants of small plot of land somehow enable the development of wider land?
Getting closer. :lol:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Here is the rumour I heard - Raj Singh is going to marry Martin Gray and they will then adopt Gary Pallister, who will subsequently also become their chauffeur.

The three of them will pool all their money together and buy Blackwell Grange hotel and turn it into a farm producing gifted young footballers.

These gifted young footballers will then be successfully fed into the Darlington team and sold on for a massive massive profit - a profit that they will then split between them, but not equally - with the club (OUR CLUB don't forget) receiving nothing.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Your plan has one massive flaw fatcat - MG is married. Do you remember Halifax away?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:19 pm

roadrunner wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Getting closer. :lol:
Hang on - on another thread you say that the plans are to build on the Arena land and now you say land around BM. I think Tezza has you right in terms of mischief-making.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:39 pm

Be careful what you write Vic, roadrunner has a top notch libel lawyer on standby.

Spen.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

shawry

Post by shawry » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:10 pm

I thought the old Blackwell golf club was still available for purchase for building on?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:51 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Be careful what you write Vic, roadrunner has a top notch libel lawyer on standby.

Spen.
Couple of points:

1. I do not work in defamation law
2. Please don't associate me with HANS Christian Road Runner. I won't agree with the making up of stories that cause division and harm the club

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:47 am

shawry wrote:I thought the old Blackwell golf club was still available for purchase for building on?

If so, and I know this question has been asked, what is the interest in the football club all about?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:01 am

Spen, I bet you know all about it though....and you're qualified. You need to be careful-"making up stories"-surely not!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:32 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Spen, I bet you know all about it though....and you're qualified. You need to be careful-"making up stories"-surely not!

Not sure why I need to be careful about not agreeing with "making up stories". There is no law against holding such a view.

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:00 am

Spyman wrote:
shawry wrote:I thought the old Blackwell golf club was still available for purchase for building on?

If so, and I know this question has been asked, what is the interest in the football club all about?
Can't make a link as to the reason why the football club would be involved, but didn't the Dubai investor state he saw shops and a development there along with housing?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:35 am

TDS wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Can't make a link as to the reason why the football club would be involved, but didn't the Dubai investor state he saw shops and a development there along with housing?
But again, if you can get enough land elsewhere without the expensive millstone of football club to run, why wouldn't you just buy the land elsewhere and leave the club well alone?

The only motivations I can see for Singh wanting the club back are:
a) remorse - which I find hard to believe, especially after he spat his dummy out a few months ago because people were (rightly) against his involvement.

b) to be able to get his hands on the land at the Arena which is designated for sporting use. But then, why not just try and buy Mowden Park RFC?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Spyman wrote:
TDS wrote:
Spyman wrote:

But again, if you can get enough land elsewhere without the expensive millstone of football club to run, why wouldn't you just buy the land elsewhere and leave the club well alone?

a) remorse - which I find hard to believe, especially after he spat his dummy out a few months ago because people were (rightly) against his involvement.

b) to be able to get his hands on the land at the Arena which is designated for sporting use. But then, why not just try and buy Mowden Park RFC?
This is it for me, it seems mental but the only 'sane' reason I can think of for trying to get back involved is remorse, however with his track record that seems highly unlikely too.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:58 am

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f ... g-13656173

Looks like Birmingham is his next destination.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:36 am

Maybe he could loan us some players if he get`s the job !!!!

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Spyman wrote:
TDS wrote:
Spyman wrote:

I dreamed last night that RS had loaned a substantial sum to MPRFC and they used the Arena as collateral. Later in the dream I gathered that the chances of MPRFC repaying that loan were becoming slim and RS was likely to once again take ownership of it. My dreamy suspicion was that he was investigating, at an early stage, as to what other revenue streams may become available to him in the future.

I'm so pleased it was only a dream and not in any way based on facts.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:06 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:
I dreamed last night that RS had loaned a substantial sum to MPRFC and they used the Arena as collateral. Later in the dream I gathered that the chances of MPRFC repaying that loan were becoming slim and RS was likely to once again take ownership of it. My dreamy suspicion was that he was investigating, at an early stage, as to what other revenue streams may become available to him in the future.

You mean do to MPRFC what Scott & Sizer did to him?

DC

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:31 pm

AQ having another Minority Report moment.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:
Spyman wrote:
TDS wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Funny that Allan

Someone else had that dream a couple of months ago and told me the exact same story.

Must be work of the BFG the cheeky dream catcher.