Revised fundraising target

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Re: Revised fundraising target

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:33 pm

Big push via Facebook and Twitter and we'll do it... bit of a gimmick like a countdown clock and figure with regular posts and updates... the slogan for the next step, the roof, writes itself... "RAISE THE ROOF"

Alfie
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Alfie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:15 pm

divas wrote:Mainly membership money that's going in.

If everyone just stuck a tenner in we'd romp it. Surprising the small number of people putting anything in
I suppose in addition to those relatively few who have contributed thru bank transfers etc we shouldn't forget those who stick money in the buckets on a regular basis - for those whose partners may not approve of them 'wasting' their hard earned money its a convenient way of doing their bit without leaving an audit trail.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:30 pm

Now broken the £30k barrier - c'mon, not far to go now.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:45 am

This might get a little behind but I'll do my best to skive of from my day job and concentrate on the important things in life...

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:15 am

SwansQuaker83 wrote:the slogan for the next step, the roof, writes itself... "RAISE THE ROOF"
Good one :clap:

I'm sure it'll be something along those lines ;)

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:14 pm

A bit more has gone into the Community Share Offer pitch which has brought the amount needed down to £3165.

We're getting down there... just not down enough.

I prised a bit more out of my own account ( :shh: wife not know) to go in the Ground Development Fund today.

Please chuck a tenner in yourselves if you can spare it.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:16 pm

So, average home attendance of 1500ish. Take away attendees from the visiting side and we're looking for about £3 from each of us and this is done.

Three pounds!
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

divas

Post by divas » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:28 pm

Allan Quatermain wrote:So, average home attendance of 1500ish. Take away attendees from the visiting side and we're looking for about £3 from each of us and this is done.

Three pounds!
Yep, crowdfunding! The platform is all there and takes a minute - small amounts make a big difference

http://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupporte ... pment-fund

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:49 pm

We now need £2,680, surely we can get that knocked off quickly.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:12 pm

Luckily for me its pay day tomorrow.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:35 pm

£2425! We've reached the £5k mark in the Ground Development Fund.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:56 pm

I am on holiday in Spain, back Thursday so will be contributing late Thursday.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:43 pm

Don't forget you can spread the cost of your donation to the Ground Development Fund over 20 weeks or 5 months.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:39 am

I've messaged Ray to say I think it's frustrating that there's no pinned tweet or a flashing banner headline on the official site to try and get funds in. To be fair he does respond positively and quickly. IT isn't my bag so I can't offer to help but I really think we're missing a trick. We have over 31,000 followers on Twitter and about 1,200 following. My big problem is Curzon away or money in the pot!!

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:44 am

Money in the pot on this occasion. Otherwise it's Curzon Ashton every season.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:55 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:I've messaged Ray to say I think it's frustrating that there's no pinned tweet or a flashing banner headline on the official site to try and get funds in. To be fair he does respond positively and quickly. IT isn't my bag so I can't offer to help but I really think we're missing a trick. We have over 31,000 followers on Twitter and about 1,200 following. My big problem is Curzon away or money in the pot!!
Hopefully the target for the seats will be reached by Saturday and the next stage will be funded by the many not the few (78+55) as it will be difficult with the buckets averaging less than 50p per person a game to reach it by the end of December. At least the seats will improve the matchday experience sooner than originally planned.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:15 am

All this energy scratching around for 0.50p ,s in buckets etc etc. How the next round of money will be raised who knows, but it just shows again that the amount we can continuously raise in this way has just about run its course. Unfortunately, it's the same people, who are getting fewer as well, and it has plateaued. We all deep down know that there is no future going forward in this way. Yes we sometimes hang our hat on 3 yrs time when income increases due to the 500 club etc but it still isn't enough for on field and off field development, we must know that.
We also now know, even back in Darlo that crowds are what they are, around 1500 or so, and clearly the commercial side of things isn't any stronger for our return home.
Guess what I am saying is that surely we all now know that outside investment is the only way to progress in any shape or form, full stop!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:28 am

Quakerlad wrote:All this energy scratching around for 0.50p ,s in buckets etc etc. How the next round of money will be raised who knows, but it just shows again that the amount we can continuously raise in this way has just about run its course. Unfortunately, it's the same people, who are getting fewer as well, and it has plateaued. We all deep down know that there is no future going forward in this way. Yes we sometimes hang our hat on 3 yrs time when income increases due to the 500 club etc but it still isn't enough for on field and off field development, we must know that.
We also now know, even back in Darlo that crowds are what they are, around 1500 or so, and clearly the commercial side of things isn't any stronger for our return home.
Guess what I am saying is that surely we all now know that outside investment is the only way to progress in any shape or form, full stop!
It has to be outside investment going forward.What the Darlo fans have achieved with fundraising over the years has been outstanding and has given the club a solid platform to move forward to 2 promotions away from league status for which they should be proud.It is this next stage which will be tough and where the fundraising model will have to be reviewed to accommodate probably outside investment.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 am

As of this morning the seating target stood at £31075.00 and the development fund stood at £5120.00 our total required is £38300.00 added together we are short of £2105.00.
At the Spenny game the club announced that the bucket collections would be added to the target at the time the total was £1000.00 also at the spenny game a fab donation of £500.00 by the 50/50 winner was announced also the winner of the lotto also donated his prize of £50.00 (thanks guys) so if my maths are correct we are £555.00 short.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:43 am

Interesting to see so many clubs in national south with a third or half our attendance and even clubs in the national with half our attendance. As people have said we are where we are so let's get on with it and see where we get to. We may have stalled a bit but what a fantastic journey. Be positive!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:46 am

If someone wants to donate a large sum to develop the infrastructure of the ground quickly then that's fine. I have no objection to Raj Singh or anyone else doing that.

If they want some kind of ownership or control in exchange, then we will just have to accept that the ground will need to be developed slowly over time as and when we can afford it. We'll have to focus on increasing support, crowing crowds and growing the pool of people willing/able to put money into the club. In other words, we'll have to focus on sustainable development.

We have no god given right to have a ground suitable for promotion.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:27 am

Quakerlad wrote:All this energy scratching around for 0.50p ,s in buckets etc etc. How the next round of money will be raised who knows, but it just shows again that the amount we can continuously raise in this way has just about run its course. Unfortunately, it's the same people, who are getting fewer as well, and it has plateaued. We all deep down know that there is no future going forward in this way. Yes we sometimes hang our hat on 3 yrs time when income increases due to the 500 club etc but it still isn't enough for on field and off field development, we must know that.

I think talk of this is premature at the moment when we really haven't exploited the commecial revenues to their full potential. I agree with you that the contriutor pool is getting ever smaller but that is because we have collectively raised hundreds of thousands of pounds over the last 3 years. I have contributed more over the last few years than I dare tell my girlfriend but in truth it's just not practical anymore. My income is stretched through trying to save for certain things and the DFC fund can't take precedence. The area we really need to push is commercial sponsorship.

Commercial streams have to be improved, we need to look into:
Back of shirt sponsor
Training shirt sponsor
Filling up the sponsorship boards at BM
Fundraising events.

I was thinking the other day. If we reach the target and have the next £50k to raise. Would we be able to stage a fundraising match at the end of the season? A mixtures of fans, and current and ex players. Martin Gray's XI vs Brian Atkinson XI? Fans can either pay to reserve a place and 4/5 places would be put into a raffle for people who cannot put in a large one off contribution. Charge £5 to come and watch. You could sell all of this in advance thus realising the revenue to put towards the roof fund and then the game is staged at the end of the season?

just a thought.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:31 am

norwich darlo wrote:As of this morning the seating target stood at £31075.00 and the development fund stood at £5120.00 our total required is £38300.00 added together we are short of £2105.00.
At the Spenny game the club announced that the bucket collections would be added to the target at the time the total was £1000.00 also at the spenny game a fab donation of £500.00 by the 50/50 winner was announced also the winner of the lotto also donated his prize of £50.00 (thanks guys) so if my maths are correct we are £555.00 short.
The totaliser for the Ground Development Fund is inclusive of all the donations that have been made towards the ground development.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:37 am

JE93 wrote:

I think talk of this is premature at the moment when we really haven't exploited the commecial revenues to their full potential. I agree with you that the contriutor pool is getting ever smaller but that is because we have collectively raised hundreds of thousands of pounds over the last 3 years. I have contributed more over the last few years than I dare tell my girlfriend but in truth it's just not practical anymore. My income is stretched through trying to save for certain things and the DFC fund can't take precedence. The area we really need to push is commercial sponsorship.

Commercial streams have to be improved, we need to look into:
Back of shirt sponsor
Training shirt sponsor
Filling up the sponsorship boards at BM
Fundraising events.

I was thinking the other day. If we reach the target and have the next £50k to raise. Would we be able to stage a fundraising match at the end of the season? A mixtures of fans, and current and ex players. Martin Gray's XI vs Brian Atkinson XI? Fans can either pay to reserve a place and 4/5 places would be put into a raffle for people who cannot put in a large one off contribution. Charge £5 to come and watch. You could sell all of this in advance thus realising the revenue to put towards the roof fund and then the game is staged at the end of the season?

just a thought.
I think that a bond building DFC v DRFC tournament of, for example, Rugby Sevens, 7 A Side Football, Tug Of War etc would be worth exploring.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:39 am

I have just this moment pressed the 'send' button on my laptop to pay my £25.00 joining fee to the DFCSG. Money comes out of my bank on or around 2nd October. A little bit closer!
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:55 am

MikeinBlack2 wrote:I have just this moment pressed the 'send' button on my laptop to pay my £25.00 joining fee to the DFCSG. Money comes out of my bank on or around 2nd October. A little bit closer!
Well done Mike, that gets us within spitting distance of the £2000 mark.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:28 am

I was thinking fundraiser as well. Someone get in touch with Scullion/Hodgy. What is sure is that we won't be able to raise the 50k for the roof with Community Shares/Ground development fund. We might get to 25k by Christmas, but that's it. Some will have to come from other sources, and I don't mean outside investment. It is how we fund these 'Other sources' which will make or break it, I feel.

Trike1

Post by Trike1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:29 am

2k left now as ive just donated 55.00

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:43 am

Hello Radge / Martin Gray / Steve McLaren / Gary Pallister etc etc :)

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:18 pm

I like to think we're active in looking for sponsorship, but who knows really. I do think at some point, if we want to progress, we need to look at having some employees rather than volunteers to push these avenues for us. It's all well and good having a little booklet for sponsors that can be found on the website, and another entirely having someone actively contacting existing sponsors, local businesses etc and drumming up support. That takes serious time and effort, and i'm loathe to criticise volunteers. My critical perspective is that we need to invest off the field before continuing to chuck money on it.