Revised fundraising target

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Revised fundraising target

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:48 pm

Darlopartisan

Re: Revised fundraising target

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:56 pm

If we manage this does that mean we would be eligible for promotion? I know it's unlikely but just thought I would ask

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Just to put some meat on those bones the plan now is to buy and install the seats ready for the York City game on January 6th, and put a roof on it later.

This reduces the amount we need to raise now leaving us just over £7000 short of our immediate target, and this amount could be reduced by about another £5000 if those DFCSG members who haven't yet renewed their memberships could please do so.

The renewal form is here or you can go to Quaker Retail in the Dolphin Centre between 10am and 1pm Mon-Fri if you want to do it offline.

http://dfcsg.co.uk/renew

All these subscriptions will go towards meeting the revised target.

Similarly if anyone who is not a member would like to join then here is the form for new members. Again all these subscriptions will go towards meeting the target and you can also join at Quaker Retail.

http://dfcsg.co.uk/join
Last edited by Mr_Tibbs on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:06 pm

We'd only be eligible once the roof was on. This is to try to entice more people to come in the first instance.

en passant

Post by en passant » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Do I assume that this pushes the original £50,000 phase 2 target to phase 3?

As was said some time ago by Quakerz, this £50,000 target was always going to be a huge ask, and probably more so because it wasn't going to be an end of the matter and made the task of getting the seats sorted seem like a never ending problem. This re-arrangement of the fund raising stages seems to make good sense as it shortens the present pain being felt over a target that has still seemed a long way off, and will be able to show a more immediate and visible benefit.

The only blot on the landscape is that it just moves the £50K problems further down the line, where it still may be a task too far, although we still might hope that some additional external funds may materialise during the interim, or that being the final phase it might look like a more manageable task for those who still have cash to contribute.
Last edited by en passant on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Good move I think. Making it more achievable will hopefully push this over the line. Interesting to note the impact that SG renewals and new members can have on the finances!

Plus the seats are actually usable straight away so will make more of an immediate improvement to BM than the steel cladding without the seats would have.

Dare I dream of an FA Trophy run to help ease the burden of the final 50k..... :mrgreen:

en passant

Post by en passant » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:36 pm

al_quaker wrote:Good move I think. Making it more achievable will hopefully push this over the line. Interesting to note the impact that SG renewals and new members can have on the finances!

Plus the seats are actually usable straight away so will make more of an immediate improvement to BM than the steel cladding without the seats would have.

Dare I dream of an FA Trophy run to help ease the burden of the final 50k..... :mrgreen:
Pretty much what I was trying to say above but put rather better

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:37 pm

en passant wrote:
Pretty much what I was trying to say above but put rather better
Great minds think alike ;)

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 pm

Very good idea to switch the seating funding as BM will look a lot nearer a proper football ground especially with the Harrogate and York games to come.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Aye, with all the 100 fans that Harrogate will bring...

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:47 pm

AndyPark wrote:Aye, with all the 100 fans that Harrogate will bring...
They are top of the league and don't we play them over the Xmas hols so should bring a lot more than 100....if not they should be embarrassed.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:34 am

al_quaker wrote:Good move I think. Making it more achievable will hopefully push this over the line. Interesting to note the impact that SG renewals and new members can have on the finances!

You have to win games to go on an FA Trophy run, so that's not likely to happen is it, when do we ever win cup games?

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:47 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:

You have to win games to go on an FA Trophy run, so that's not likely to happen is it, when do we ever win cup games?
2011 :thumbup:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:45 am

en passant wrote:Do I assume that this pushes the original £50,000 phase 2 target to phase 3?

As was said some time ago by Quakerz, this £50,000 target was always going to be a huge ask, and probably more so because it wasn't going to be an end of the matter and made the task of getting the seats sorted seem like a never ending problem. This re-arrangement of the fund raising stages seems to make good sense as it shortens the present pain being felt over a target that has still seemed a long way off, and will be able to show a more immediate and visible benefit.

The only blot on the landscape is that it just moves the £50K problems further down the line, where it still may be a task too far, although we still might hope that some additional external funds may materialise during the interim, or that being the final phase it might look like a more manageable task for those who still have cash to contribute.
It seems sensible to me.

If we can improve the viewing experience then that may entice a few more to turn up regularly which increases revenue through the turnstiles, which in turn may contribute to achieving the target for the roof. Every little helps and all that.

By kicking the can down the road, as it were, we may also be in a position by January/February where we have a realistic idea of whether the playoffs are achievable and therefore how urgent the fundraising is. If we're hovering around upper mid-table or above then this might build a sense of urgency. If we've slipped way off the pace then Johnston and co can put in place a strategy to have the roof funded over the following 9 months or whatever it may be.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:53 am

Would it help if those who are currently paying by DD (£1.67 a month) switch to pay off the whole sum immediately? I think this would be a payment of £23.33
I would be happy to do this if it helps to get somewhere closer to cover the shortfall.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:57 am

Not sure if they're included in the total. It sounds like they just haven't renewed. I'm doing both by as I didn't stop the DD and paid in full too! I'd be happy to transfer the DD to full payment for my lad.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:22 am

I think we're down to around £6700 needed, by my reckoning. Good to see a dozen or so renewals and a few new members join online since this was announced last night.

Just to reiterate - if you haven't renewed your membership then you really can make a difference to the total needed and, if you haven't yet joined, then please consider doing so... whatever your reasons may be for not having done so. No-one is asking you to sell your soul to the devil - we're all in this together and we need your support.

You can easily recoup that outlay in savings you can make on Virgin Trains and the other membership offers, you get to have a vote on key issues which will determine in which direction our club goes, and you will be supporting your fellow fans who donate hours of their time to making sure that we have a team to watch every week.

The DFCSG Board need our support just as much as the lads chasing the ball around on the pitch do. I think everyone's aware that standing for election to the board is too-daunting a challenge for most fans and a lot of fans just want to watch a game of football, but the next best thing you can do is join the DFCSG and help to build a comfort zone of support around the board so they can sleep a bit easier at nights... and keep doing what they do for the rest of us.

Full details on how to renew or join the DFCSG are here:

http://dfcsg.co.uk/membership
Last edited by Mr_Tibbs on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:32 am

jjljks wrote:Would it help if those who are currently paying by DD (£1.67 a month) switch to pay off the whole sum immediately? I think this would be a payment of £23.33
I would be happy to do this if it helps to get somewhere closer to cover the shortfall.
I changed from paying the lump sum to monthly DD this season because the renewal email said that was the Supporters Group's preferred method. I'd happily switch back to paying upfront if it helps.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:11 am

As other's have said, good decision and hopefully we will see it over the line now. I think Darlo fans do their best work when we have a bit of urgency and also some momentum. Let's drag this over the line and see where the land lies going forward.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:12 am

jjljks wrote:Would it help if those who are currently paying by DD (£1.67 a month) switch to pay off the whole sum immediately? I think this would be a payment of £23.33
Actually it would cause a bit of an accounting problem if existing members switched from DD to paying the full amount so, while it's a nice thought, please let it ride and the DFCSG will juggle the books a bit to cover full amounts where Direct Debits have been selected for renewals/new memberships.

In short, there's no need to go that extra mile, thanks.
Last edited by Mr_Tibbs on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:42 am

This is great news in the main, although I do have one question - I seem to remember, although perhaps someone can confirm, that part of the fundraising was to adjust the angle of the seating to improve sight lines. Will this be part of the current round of fundraising or will it have to wait for the new final phase?

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:59 am

tdk1 wrote:This is great news in the main, although I do have one question - I seem to remember, although perhaps someone can confirm, that part of the fundraising was to adjust the angle of the seating to improve sight lines. Will this be part of the current round of fundraising or will it have to wait for the new final phase?
Thought this was just to raise the height of the existing seating, not the angle?

Approx £6500 to go.
Last edited by Mr_Tibbs on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:59 am

tdk1 wrote:This is great news in the main, although I do have one question - I seem to remember, although perhaps someone can confirm, that part of the fundraising was to adjust the angle of the seating to improve sight lines. Will this be part of the current round of fundraising or will it have to wait for the new final phase?
The first lot of fundraising raised the seats for a better view. As far as I am aware that work is already complete.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:07 am

You're both probably right, this was purely borne out of an itch at the back of my mind so I'm not presenting any new facts.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:03 am

lo36789 wrote:
The first lot of fundraising raised the seats for a better view. As far as I am aware that work is already complete.
Certainly the work to raise the seats in the existing stand was completed over the summer.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:44 pm

We've managed to raise about £1300 in just a little under a day since the revised target was announced.

Total required to get the seats is now under £6000. Great going and thanks to all who have contributed via the pitches or who have renewed memberships to the DFCSG. Good to see a few new members coming through, too!

Thank you!
Last edited by Mr_Tibbs on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join - Shop - Collect

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Lots of money trickling no into the ground development fund. Mr. Tibbs might know if that's membership renewals being put in there. If not, even better.

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:53 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Lots of money trickling no into the ground development fund. Mr. Tibbs might know if that's membership renewals being put in there. If not, even better.
You've got me worried now :problem:

I'll check, but we've also seen a steady rise in the Community Share Issue pitch, so we're still doing very well - probably better than my last estimate, even if I was counting those renewals twice :oops:

[Edit: Oops, sorry, it seems I'd been counting the subscriptions I know about (which is just the online ones) twice, but we've still raised over £1,500 since last night. Currently we have £5,585 left to raise.]
Last edited by Mr_Tibbs on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:46 pm

Only £3750 to go :clap:

divas

Post by divas » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Mainly membership money that's going in.

If everyone just stuck a tenner in we'd romp it. Surprising the small number of people putting anything in