Adam Dawson

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: botrash, mikkyx, charlie, uncovered

Post Reply
piggy
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:22 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Adam Dawson

Post by piggy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:39 am

24 yr old winger joins us on a months loan from Tranmere.

Kevin Burgess in talks with interested clubs too.

LoidLucan
Posts: 3205
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Adam Dawson

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:02 am

For a 24-year-old, he's been about a bit. Seems to have 15 clubs against his name, if you include loans. As long as he lays a stack of goals on a plate for our 'hotshots', he'll do just fine for me.

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11793
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Adam Dawson

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:04 pm

LoidLucan wrote:For a 24-year-old, he's been about a bit. Seems to have 15 clubs against his name, if you include loans. As long as he lays a stack of goals on a plate for our 'hotshots', he'll do just fine for me.
Sounds like James Caton mkII but you never know.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

al_quaker
Posts: 5520
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Adam Dawson

Post by al_quaker » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:23 pm

Hopefully it works out well for him (and therefore us!).

No idea what he's like, but a proper direct winger would give us more options going forwards.

Mario
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:26 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Adam Dawson

Post by Mario » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:03 pm

From a friend who has been a Tranmere season ticket holder for many years.

"I think he's brilliant. Well, he was last season before he got injured. Mickey Mellon refuses to use wingers so he's not needed"

Darlo_Rob
Posts: 495
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:23 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Adam Dawson

Post by Darlo_Rob » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:12 pm

Going from the Tranmere fans on his twitter account, they all can't understand why he's not starting for them.

jjljks
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Adam Dawson

Post by jjljks » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:05 pm

so long as he can provide some opportunities for Beck, bit of taking on and getting past defenders, tracking back & tackling to win balls in midfield, dribbling ability, build stands and /or terracing, generate funds, win over the fans, fix broken down coaches, play on flooded pitches then he could be just what we are looking for. ;)
Seriously though, welcome and let us give the lad a chance to show what he can do for us :thumbup:

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2951
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Adam Dawson

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Mario wrote:From a friend who has been a Tranmere season ticket holder for many years.

"I think he's brilliant. Well, he was last season before he got injured. Mickey Mellon refuses to use wingers so he's not needed"
And MG loves wingers doesn't he ???Caton is a winger isn't he but ain't playing in that position Image God I hate my mate is a fan and can't believe he ain't playing because he is that good.. If he we're that good he would still be there and not had 15 or so clubs.. Caton has had a few clubs so begs the question WHY!! Wake u people

QUAKERMAN2
Posts: 1919
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Adam Dawson

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:28 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mario wrote:From a friend who has been a Tranmere season ticket holder for many years.

"I think he's brilliant. Well, he was last season before he got injured. Mickey Mellon refuses to use wingers so he's not needed"
And MG loves wingers doesn't he ???Caton is a winger isn't he but ain't playing in that position Image God I hate my mate is a fan and can't believe he ain't playing because he is that good.. If he we're that good he would still be there and not had 15 or so clubs.. Caton has had a few clubs so begs the question WHY!! Wake u people
Are you writing him off before he has even kicked a ball.For gods sake man give him a chance!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

User avatar
don'tbuythesun
Posts: 1745
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Adam Dawson

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:29 pm

Caton said he wanted to be a striker, didn't he? Give the lad a chance, he's only just arrived.

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2951
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Adam Dawson

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:16 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mario wrote:From a friend who has been a Tranmere season ticket holder for many years.

"I think he's brilliant. Well, he was last season before he got injured. Mickey Mellon refuses to use wingers so he's not needed"
And MG loves wingers doesn't he ???Caton is a winger isn't he but ain't playing in that position Image God I hate my mate is a fan and can't believe he ain't playing because he is that good.. If he we're that good he would still be there and not had 15 or so clubs.. Caton has had a few clubs so begs the question WHY!! Wake u people
Are you writing him off before he has even kicked a ball.For gods sake man give him a chance!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Not at all ... I'm just saying the way people big people up on a mates say so it's annoying... Let's see what he can do and take it from there , I hate bigging up a player without seeing him play.. Of course I want him to do well bloody he'll I'm a Darlo fan

User avatar
Spyman
Posts: 11793
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Adam Dawson

Post by Spyman » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:33 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mario wrote:From a friend who has been a Tranmere season ticket holder for many years.

"I think he's brilliant. Well, he was last season before he got injured. Mickey Mellon refuses to use wingers so he's not needed"
And MG loves wingers doesn't he ???Caton is a winger isn't he but ain't playing in that position Image God I hate my mate is a fan and can't believe he ain't playing because he is that good.. If he we're that good he would still be there and not had 15 or so clubs.. Caton has had a few clubs so begs the question WHY!! Wake u people
Was the pub busy tonight Harry?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

lo36789
Posts: 8412
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Team Supported: Darlington
Location: Liverpool

Re: Adam Dawson

Post by lo36789 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:45 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mario wrote:From a friend who has been a Tranmere season ticket holder for many years.

"I think he's brilliant. Well, he was last season before he got injured. Mickey Mellon refuses to use wingers so he's not needed"
And MG loves wingers doesn't he ???Caton is a winger isn't he but ain't playing in that position Image God I hate my mate is a fan and can't believe he ain't playing because he is that good.. If he we're that good he would still be there and not had 15 or so clubs.. Caton has had a few clubs so begs the question WHY!! Wake u people
Are you writing him off before he has even kicked a ball.For gods sake man give him a chance!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Not at all ... I'm just saying the way people big people up on a mates say so it's annoying... Let's see what he can do and take it from there , I hate bigging up a player without seeing him play.. Of course I want him to do well bloody he'll I'm a Darlo fan
You think what you put translates as see what he can do first?

User avatar
HarrytheQuaker
Posts: 2951
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Adam Dawson

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:05 am

lo36789 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mario wrote:From a friend who has been a Tranmere season ticket holder for many years.

"I think he's brilliant. Well, he was last season before he got injured. Mickey Mellon refuses to use wingers so he's not needed"
And MG loves wingers doesn't he ???Caton is a winger isn't he but ain't playing in that position Image God I hate my mate is a fan and can't believe he ain't playing because he is that good.. If he we're that good he would still be there and not had 15 or so clubs.. Caton has had a few clubs so begs the question WHY!! Wake u people
Are you writing him off before he has even kicked a ball.For gods sake man give him a chance!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Not at all ... I'm just saying the way people big people up on a mates say so it's annoying... Let's see what he can do and take it from there , I hate bigging up a player without seeing him play.. Of course I want him to do well bloody he'll I'm a Darlo fan
You think what you put translates as see what he can do first?
Yeah should of just put that.. Let him do the talking on the pitch it's easy to blend into a team doing well but ur more under scrutiny in a team struggling for form.. Look at Caton looked good 1st few games then he has struggled a little since...Sometimes we expect a bit too much sometimes

Post Reply