FA Make it Compulsory to be Full Time Club

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

FA Make it Compulsory to be Full Time Club

Post by spen666 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:24 am

In the Women's Super League

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/foo ... -1-8775173

Wonder if this will subsequently be applied to the National League National Division if thought to be a success

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Re: FA Make it Compulsory to be Full Time Club

Post by murtonquaker » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:43 pm

spen666 wrote:In the Women's Super League

Wonder if this will subsequently be applied to the National League National Division if thought to be a success
Would full time football in the womens game be sustainable?

Teams like Man City would probably cope, with the Sheiks Billions, probably Chelsea and Arsenal too.

But from what I have seen the Average Attendance of the League is just over a thousand, some will be higher and I imagine some will struggle to get 4 figures on average...

How will it be funded, will it be funded by drastic price rises, which in turn may alienate fans, seeing attendance drop.

As for it to be enforced on the National League National Division, is it fair to enforce full time professionalism on clubs, as I would not be impressed if our club was made to go full time if it was not sustainable at the time, is it fair to a club like Dover who are doing alright for themselves, who I believe are still Part-Time

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:17 pm

City already are FT have been for a few years

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:20 pm

No doubt this is designed to scupper womens football again
The F.A. effectively banned womens football in 1921 by banning women's teams from playing in F.A affiliated grounds. This at a time when women were drawing crowds of up to 50,000.
Some male old farts on the F.A council in 1921 are probably still in post today.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:17 pm

murtonquaker wrote:
spen666 wrote:In the Women's Super League

Would full time football in the womens game be sustainable?

Teams like Man City would probably cope, with the Sheiks Billions, probably Chelsea and Arsenal too.

But from what I have seen the Average Attendance of the League is just over a thousand, some will be higher and I imagine some will struggle to get 4 figures on average...

How will it be funded, will it be funded by drastic price rises, which in turn may alienate fans, seeing attendance drop.

As for it to be enforced on the National League National Division, is it fair to enforce full time professionalism on clubs, as I would not be impressed if our club was made to go full time if it was not sustainable at the time, is it fair to a club like Dover who are doing alright for themselves, who I believe are still Part-Time
I suspect enforced professionalism is well-intentioned, but it will prove just as divisive and entrench the power of the top four or five WSL clubs.

The likes of Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool are already full-time and well-backed. But clubs like Sunderland, who've just reverted to part-time status, are not likely to invest as much as is needed.

Meanwhile anyone who does choose to go full-time is at a disadvantage to the well-backed sides who've been full-time for a number of years.

With the National League, it's very different as clubs, generally speaking, aren't backed to the level of some WSL sides, so it's a false equivalence to compare the two.

It'd require a proper, potentially messy and damaging transition which I can't see happening.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:04 am

banktopp wrote:No doubt this is designed to scupper womens football again
The F.A. effectively banned womens football in 1921 by banning women's teams from playing in F.A affiliated grounds. This at a time when women were drawing crowds of up to 50,000.
Some male old farts on the F.A council in 1921 are probably still in post today.
Yes & probably worried that their wife won't be able to cook them dinner if out playing football full-time. What a set of crusty stupid tossers! Disgraceful in this modern age of zero hours contracts!!

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:46 am

Darlogramps wrote:

.....With the National League, it's very different as clubs, generally speaking, aren't backed to the level of some WSL sides, so it's a false equivalence to compare the two.

It'd require a proper, potentially messy and damaging transition which I can't see happening.

Darlogramps, You are making one fatal flaw in your response. you are talking logic and sense, but are obviously forgetting this is the FA we are talking about. Since when have logic and sense had any association with the FA