First Home Game Yesteday

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

B_Little
Team Supported: Darlington

First Home Game Yesteday

Post by B_Little » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am

Travelled up from Cambridge for my first home game of the season.

Of the games I have seen this season I get the impression that Darlo are more likely to conceded in the first twenty minutes and if they don't there is every chance of going on to win the game. Darlo start believing in themselves and get stronger as the game goes on.

I thought Bartlett, Marrs, Cartmam and our number 8 was outstanding yesterday. MOM Thommo.

Darlo can do well in this league. Good to see a passing game from the back. Always a good sign.

As has already been mention before, the matchday experience is not the best.

It's a real shame about the ground. Very difficult to create an atmosphere. Not like you could at Heritage Park. The club need to sort out the bar. Ques out the door, what is that all about.

Up the Darlo.

darlo reborn

Re: First Home Game Yesteday

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:12 pm

Agree about the bar it is a joke they only have 3 people serving and they are so slow,when it is busy they should have someone just pulling the pints

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:26 pm

darlo reborn wrote:Agree about the bar it is a joke they only have 3 people serving and they are so slow,when it is busy they should have someone just pulling the pints
The bar normally runs very well, unfortunately 3 people called in sick at the last minute. I had a mate in hospitality yesterday and he said it was heaving and grub was great.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:38 pm

Ok explains things for yesterday have been contemplating trying the hospitality but work most sat mornings so have to find a home game when I`m on hols

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:32 pm

We were upstairs and it's a really good deal. Food was alright but considering you're only paying £20 more than the gate, you get a meal, a programme, fast bar service and a decent view from the balcony, it's well worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Need to give the hospitality a go sometime myself.

I like to think at some point in the distant future, we might have an extra bar somewhere to help cope, but it's way down the priorities right now, and frankly the crowds just aren't busy enough to justify it right now. Like someone else said, it's normally fine. A different food outlet wouldn't be an awful idea though. Running the one next to the bar just adds to the crowd in one area. Another hut down near the away end, as there is at the tinshed, would do the job. Again, not an immediate priority. It'd probably come when we eventually get a terrace down there.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:47 pm

Can recommend hospitality, did it for the leamington game knowing it would be a quieter one. Could get a pint whenever you wanted and the view was great. Also got to stand beside the injured players who usually lurk around the balcony. Definitely try it out since it's really not that expensive when you consider the gate price.