Advertise Here
You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:29 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 2917
Team Supported: Darlington
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Yarblockos wrote:
Well, they've either dropped a bollock or they haven't. Doesn't it matter if you drop a bollock if you are a volunteer? And incidentally, isn't David Johnson on a retainer rather than being a volunteer? I can't believe a man of his experience would be that naive about letting someone leave to go to a rival firm.


Can't keep getting rid of people every time they make a mistake, eventually you run out of people.

Lessons need to be learned and the club needs to always be open, however the fans also need to be more understanding.

The crucifying of the board at the last forum went too far, even though the mistake was a vey big mistake.


The last fans forum was ridiculous and counterproductive. This is one of reasons I felt let down by Gray.

Up to this point I felt sympathy for him for having worked so hard and being denied a crack at the play offs (players too) however I expected him to stand up and send out a battle cry in the lines of ' we must move on and stay together and not appoint blame etc etc' and this is not what happened. Far from it!

The video of Gray at this forum is easy to find online, I watched it last night, it's bad.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:24 pm
Posts: 37
Team Supported: Darlington
Don’t suppose there is a link to the video?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 2917
Team Supported: Darlington
https://twitter.com/darlouncovered/stat ... crucial%2F.

Try this ?

Or go to the Echo site and find 'Darlington FC facing £80k loss" @ 21 April.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:54 am
Posts: 22
Team Supported: Darlington
Just watched it again and don't get a lot of these comments. Basically, everything he said was right and think deep down we all knew it and in fact it has basically happened. I.e. No investor = club gone as far as we can.
In fact he got applause throughout and a standing ovation so guess from that that everyone thought he was out of order and didn't like what he was saying.
Admittedly, at that point we did not know it was Singh, but I say again, basically everything he said was right!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 5:03 pm
Posts: 178
Team Supported: Darlington
I disagree lad

we have 350 5 year season ticket holders that will give us an extra income of 50k at worst coming in each year once we have the seats sorted we could do a boost the budget and with nothing else to pay for that would hit at worst same as this year so there is another 40k.

we can and will go further patience is required


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20469
Team Supported: Darlington
But we HAVEN'T gone as far as we can.

We are a big enough club with a competitive budget, which will be more competitive in a couple of years when all the money clubs have gone - and when the 5 year ST holders have come back on board. Plus over the next few years we might manage to attract more sponsorhip than current levels, due to being back in town longer.

We should still be striving to get in the play offs over the next few seasons and we will eventually be promoted. Plenty to look forward to IMO.

THEN it will be difficult and we might have gone as far as we can.

Even with an investor we will hit a point where we've gone as far as we can.

The whole point of football is the hope that somehow, against the odds, next season will be better. We existed for decades in this state in division 4, at our limit, with the very occasional unexpected good season.

But we aren't at that point yet, we're still kicking around a level below our natural ceiling (I think our ceiling is the National League rather than L2)

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:12 pm
Posts: 1430
Team Supported: Darlington
Apart from the fact he wasn't right. He spat his funny out every time he didn't get his own way, and when things didn't go as he wanted it looks like he orchestrated his own departure.

We have a long way to run with fan ownership. Just because it's difficult, doesn't make it wrong. If life was easy, we'd all be living in mansions and tossing money at the club every day. It's not. This club will continue to rise and just because it isn't going to happen as quickly as some had become accustomed to, doesn't change that.

This isn't over yet, but as said before by others, a huge weight has been lifted off the pressures of our club.

Investment will come in due course. But we have to make the club viable before that is even an option. Hard work continues.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10833
Team Supported: Darlington
Just after 4 minutes in:

I won't let this club stand in the way of my dream (stumbles over words)....my dream to take this club back to the football league.

And people clapped this s***?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 2917
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
Just after 4 minutes in:

I won't let this club stand in the way of my dream (stumbles over words)....my dream to take this club back to the football league.

And people clapped this s***?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk



This is the bit.... it caught my eye too.

Gray says this " I will not let this club, stand in my way, to take my dream, of taking our club, back to the football league"

The other bit that I noticed was this. Gray "we need stability now to move forward"

Quakerz wrote:
But we HAVEN'T gone as far as we can.

We are a big enough club with a competitive budget, which will be more competitive in a couple of years when all the money clubs have gone - and when the 5 year ST holders have come back on board. Plus over the next few years we might manage to attract more sponsorhip than current levels, due to being back in town longer.

We should still be striving to get in the play offs over the next few seasons and we will eventually be promoted. Plenty to look forward to IMO.

THEN it will be difficult and we might have gone as far as we can.

Even with an investor we will hit a point where we've gone as far as we can.

The whole point of football is the hope that somehow, against the odds, next season will be better. We existed for decades in this state in division 4, at our limit, with the very occasional unexpected good season.

But we aren't at that point yet, we're still kicking around a level below our natural ceiling (I think our ceiling is the National League rather than L2)


Quakerz, great post.

Quakerlad wrote:
Just watched it again and don't get a lot of these comments. Basically, everything he said was right and think deep down we all knew it and in fact it has basically happened. I.e. No investor = club gone as far as we can.
In fact he got applause throughout and a standing ovation so guess from that that everyone thought he was out of order and didn't like what he was saying.


Martin is obviously very good at motivational speaking and getting people onside - he should be too, it's his job - however I was there on that night and didn't clap, in fact I felt a little uneasy about the whole thing, a bit like I did that night when Sotnick was explaining some OTT plans about hotels and sports pitches and other such bollocks that I can't really remember now.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 2357
Team Supported: Darlington
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Just after 4 minutes in:

I won't let this club stand in the way of my dream (stumbles over words)....my dream to take this club back to the football league.

And people clapped this s***?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk



This is the bit.... it caught my eye too.

Gray says this " I will not let this club, stand in my way, to take my dream, of taking our club, back to the football league"

The other bit that I noticed was this. Gray "we need stability now to move forward"

Quakerz wrote:
But we HAVEN'T gone as far as we can.

We are a big enough club with a competitive budget, which will be more competitive in a couple of years when all the money clubs have gone - and when the 5 year ST holders have come back on board. Plus over the next few years we might manage to attract more sponsorhip than current levels, due to being back in town longer.

We should still be striving to get in the play offs over the next few seasons and we will eventually be promoted. Plenty to look forward to IMO.

THEN it will be difficult and we might have gone as far as we can.

Even with an investor we will hit a point where we've gone as far as we can.

The whole point of football is the hope that somehow, against the odds, next season will be better. We existed for decades in this state in division 4, at our limit, with the very occasional unexpected good season.

But we aren't at that point yet, we're still kicking around a level below our natural ceiling (I think our ceiling is the National League rather than L2)


Quakerz, great post.

Quakerlad wrote:
Just watched it again and don't get a lot of these comments. Basically, everything he said was right and think deep down we all knew it and in fact it has basically happened. I.e. No investor = club gone as far as we can.
In fact he got applause throughout and a standing ovation so guess from that that everyone thought he was out of order and didn't like what he was saying.


Martin is obviously very good at motivational speaking and getting people onside - he should be too, it's his job - however I was there on that night and didn't clap, in fact I felt a little uneasy about the whole thing, a bit like I did that night when Sotnick was explaining some OTT plans about hotels and sports pitches and other such bollocks that I can't really remember now.
Training trips to China with the players? :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 10833
Team Supported: Darlington
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Just after 4 minutes in:

I won't let this club stand in the way of my dream (stumbles over words)....my dream to take this club back to the football league.

And people clapped this s***?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk



This is the bit.... it caught my eye too.

Gray says this " I will not let this club, stand in my way, to take my dream, of taking our club, back to the football league"

The other bit that I noticed was this. Gray "we need stability now to move forward"

Quakerz wrote:
But we HAVEN'T gone as far as we can.

We are a big enough club with a competitive budget, which will be more competitive in a couple of years when all the money clubs have gone - and when the 5 year ST holders have come back on board. Plus over the next few years we might manage to attract more sponsorhip than current levels, due to being back in town longer.

We should still be striving to get in the play offs over the next few seasons and we will eventually be promoted. Plenty to look forward to IMO.

THEN it will be difficult and we might have gone as far as we can.

Even with an investor we will hit a point where we've gone as far as we can.

The whole point of football is the hope that somehow, against the odds, next season will be better. We existed for decades in this state in division 4, at our limit, with the very occasional unexpected good season.

But we aren't at that point yet, we're still kicking around a level below our natural ceiling (I think our ceiling is the National League rather than L2)


Quakerz, great post.

Quakerlad wrote:
Just watched it again and don't get a lot of these comments. Basically, everything he said was right and think deep down we all knew it and in fact it has basically happened. I.e. No investor = club gone as far as we can.
In fact he got applause throughout and a standing ovation so guess from that that everyone thought he was out of order and didn't like what he was saying.


Martin is obviously very good at motivational speaking and getting people onside - he should be too, it's his job - however I was there on that night and didn't clap, in fact I felt a little uneasy about the whole thing, a bit like I did that night when Sotnick was explaining some OTT plans about hotels and sports pitches and other such bollocks that I can't really remember now.


Given how dour Martin Gray is and how he stumbles over his words making pre-written speeches, I find it hard to see how he inspires anyone!

I think his method of getting people on side appears more bullying than anything else - if you speak out against him you get sidelined.


Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:15 pm
Posts: 335
Team Supported: Darlington
Gray was mentored by big bully Penny last time they were together apparently that's Penny,s job. Penny was sent on garden leave at Bristol rovers a few years back.
Think they'll meet there match in Big Bully Beef John Parkin and McNamara.
The little s*** will try running back with his tail between his legs.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:24 pm
Posts: 280
Team Supported: Darlington
"If you speak out against him you get sidelined " more like if you upset the messiah you get a threatening visit at your place of work from the man himself . Beats winding up a group of henchmen to chase board members out of the club at fans forums I suppose. Bully of the highest order .


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:08 am
Posts: 103
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo
What was going on with that tie...

Looks like he has an appointment with the local magistrate

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171004/eb4a328f4e2c466b4b4d5f0c6ae4648d.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Posts: 357
Location: Hereford
Team Supported: Darlington
(quote="Quakers")

The whole point of football is the hope that somehow, against the odds, next season will be better. We existed for decades in this state in division 4, at our limit, with the very occasional unexpected good season.

The point is in our Div 4 years there was no relegation. A closed shop existed wherby
re-election every year for the bottom 4 teams was almost a foregone conclusion.
We had to apply 5 times and but for the closed shop we would have been bouncing around the Northern Premier League and possibly below. Pretty much where we are now.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 9531
Team Supported: Darlington
This whole saga makes us into a laughing stock. Still it's happened many times before and I'm sure it will happen many times in the future as well. I for one won't be going to York.


Last edited by Darlo_Pete on Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7498
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
This whole sage makes us into a laughing stock. Still it's happened many times before and I'm sure it will happen many times in the future as well. I for one won't be going to York.


Is that first sentence a culinary joke?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:49 pm
Posts: 453
Team Supported: Darlington
murtonquaker wrote:
What was going on with that tie...

Looks like he has an appointment with the local magistrate

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... e4648d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Oi, stop plagiarising my quips!

viewtopic.php?p=412639#p412639

;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 3296
Location: Gruzia
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo
Darlo_Pete wrote:
This whole saga makes us into a laughing stock. Still it's happened many times before and I'm sure it will happen many times in the future as well. I for one won't be going to York.


Why would you even think about going to York :crazy:

and stop plagiarising Martin Gray's quips!

_________________
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

Image

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7498
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
Are York trying to sign Darlo_Pete as well?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 8:33 am
Posts: 148
Location: Eye, Suffolk
Team Supported: Darlington
lo36789 wrote:
Are York trying to sign Darlo_Pete as well?


What sort of transfer fee should we be looking for?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7498
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
Alfie wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Are York trying to sign Darlo_Pete as well?


What sort of transfer fee should we be looking for?


A friendly between ball boys.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:15 pm
Posts: 918
Team Supported: Darlington
Gray hardly comes across well in interviews and frequently mispronounces things, he's not a motivational speaker. The funny thing was that night is when he delivered all that and then went ".. right, are we done now, 'cos I'm off to pick up my indian takeaway?"

Oh I am sorry Mr Gray, we were taking our time listening to how the club you've help build over the past 4 years was a laughing stock, but no, you've got a curry on the way, my apologies.

Funny secondly because the majority of the room (the vocal lot) were cheering and applauding his drive for a money man. That has hopefully changed now. I've also seen a lot of "we can't criticize board members because we are fan owned, remember that!" digs on twitter in the past, that has recently changed too, which is good.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 554
Team Supported: Darlington
Gray is not the Messiah, he is a very naughty man. At least we still have Brian ;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm
Posts: 1034
Team Supported: Darlington
TDS wrote:
.... I've also seen a lot of "we can't criticize board members because we are fan owned, remember that!" digs on twitter in the past, that has recently changed too, which is good.



Its the manner of the criticism that is the issue.

The vitriolic and aggressive nature of the criticism is preventing people stepping up to be volunteers at board level

_________________
_________________________________________________________________
Follow me on

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:01 pm
Posts: 914
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Alfie wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
Are York trying to sign Darlo_Pete as well?


What sort of transfer fee should we be looking for?


I'll donate £100 to the roof fund if they take him

_________________
@tonywaters


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 8:45 am
Posts: 96
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
Just after 4 minutes in:

I won't let this club stand in the way of my dream (stumbles over words)....my dream to take this club back to the football league.

And people clapped this s***?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Because they all believed him and where took in by him

I shouldnt say all because some actually did know what he was exactly like and others could not see the true picture


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 8:45 am
Posts: 96
Team Supported: Darlington
As part of the deal sending the 46-year-old to Bootham Crescent, the north-east club are to play York in a friendly next summer and be in receipt of all proceeds from the fixture.

Due to the terms of his contract, the Quakers would only have been entitled to an actual direct cash settlement if the former Sunderland and Oxford United midfielder had switched to a Football League club.

Meanwhile, speculation continues that Gray is attempting to take Darlo's highly-rated midfielder David Ferguson and 6ft 5ins centre-forward Mark Beck along with him to North Yorkshire.

Looking forward to your visit to bm nevermind that friendly game gray!!

Hope he gets booed through out and other things


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:13 am
Posts: 810
Location: Scotland
Team Supported: Darlo
I bet the contract doesn't say we would only get a cash settlement if it was a league club. I presume it says if a league club comes along he can leave for £X or the remainder of the contracted payments, whichever is lower. That doesn't mean that if a club in the same league comes along he can walk for free. It means they can only get him by paying up his contract or agreeing a suitable fee.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:08 am
Posts: 103
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo
Henley wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:
What was going on with that tie...

Looks like he has an appointment with the local magistrate

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... e4648d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Oi, stop plagiarising my quips!

https://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... 39#p412639

;)


Never saw that mate...apologies for plagiarism [emoji3]



Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Darlospike, Quakers83 and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group