Looking Forwards

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

moz1963
Team Supported: Darlington

Looking Forwards

Post by moz1963 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 pm

A lot of posts on here regarding the activities today. The past has gone and we need to focus on the future and offer Brian and Sean the full support at the helm of this football club, onward and upward. Best of luck in your new roles

Yarblockos

Re: Looking Forwards

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:22 pm

Yes, our manager of 5 years has just quit. Lets not discuss it.

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:23 pm

Yarblockos wrote:Yes, our manager of 5 years has just quit. Lets not discuss it.
Hahaha...brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Gray has gone let’s back Brian & Sean by turning up in droves on Saturday. Brian & Sean’s black and white army!!
Seriously though I hope it puts to bed all the MGFA intrigue etc and the club can move on.

moz1963

Post by moz1963 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:28 pm

Yarblockos wrote:Yes, our manager of 5 years has just quit. Lets not discuss it.
Did I say don't discuss it? I think you will find plenty of other posts that are!

moz1963

Post by moz1963 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:29 pm

DarloDave40 wrote:Gray has gone let’s back Brian & Sean by turning up in droves on Saturday. Brian & Sean’s black and white army!!
Seriously though I hope it puts to bed all the MGFA intrigue etc and the club can move on.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:58 pm

DarloDave40 wrote:Gray has gone let’s back Brian & Sean by turning up in droves on Saturday. Brian & Sean’s black and white army!!
Quite the opposite, I'm afraid.

Stakeholders will want to know the exact ongoing financial commitment the club has to MGFA and its role in providing services to the club.

This will become of particular interest if Gray has been allowed to resign without any compensation and MGFA and still in receipt of revenue from the club.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:01 pm

Beano wrote:
Quite the opposite, I'm afraid.

Stakeholders will want to know the exact ongoing financial commitment the club has to MGFA and its role in providing services to the club.

This will become of particular interest if Gray has been allowed to resign without any compensation and MGFA and still in receipt of revenue from the club.
Conflict of interests isn't it? So I'm guessing the relationship would need to be terminated?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:14 pm

That depends on what the relationship actually is. In the first instance, it simply needs clarification.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:53 pm

I'm excited to see what the new management team can bring to the team. Let's face it, they haven't got do much to improve on what we've been doing recently.

roadrunner

Post by roadrunner » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:05 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I'm excited to see what the new management team can bring to the team. Let's face it, they haven't got do much to improve on what we've been doing recently.
Feed players to York from the north east.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:37 am

I wonder if the player expected to sign this week still joins us now Gray has gone.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:25 pm

roadrunner wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I'm excited to see what the new management team can bring to the team. Let's face it, they haven't got do much to improve on what we've been doing recently.
The manager doesn't decide on who stays and who goes ultimately - that is the clubs decision to accept or reject any appropriate transfer bids.

I do think there is a strange dynamic, I thought Gregan & Atkinson were MG's employees at MGFA?

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:34 pm

lo36789 wrote:
roadrunner wrote:
The manager doesn't decide on who stays and who goes ultimately - that is the clubs decision to accept or reject any appropriate transfer bids.

I do think there is a strange dynamic, I thought Gregan & Atkinson were MG's employees at MGFA?
Yea definite conflict of interest if they are employed by MGFA, it needs clarifying asap.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:45 pm

They are both listed as coaches with the Martin Gray Football Academy. Surely this situation will have to be checked out as regards conflict of interest and FA guidance\rules. How does it square up when we play York and generally with their other employer managing a club in the same competition as us? Looks fraught with difficulties. Could we land in hot water over this?
Last edited by LoidLucan on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:47 pm

LoidLucan wrote:They are both listed as coaches with the Martin Gary Football Academy. Surely this situation will have to be checked out as regards conflict of interest and FA guidance\rules. How does it square up when we play York and generally with their other employer managing a club in the same competition? Looks fraught with difficulties.
I'm not sure. Is MG actually listed as their employer, or is he also an employee of MGFA and ownership is held by a separate company?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:50 pm

One thing is for sure. The FA will have a clause and 50 sub-sections covering this kind of thing with all manner of punishments if you fall foul of them.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:29 pm

Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:46 pm

So atkinsons a co-director with gray and gregan must be employed by them as a coach. These links between two clubs in the same league is an unusual situation to say the least.